DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The REAL Superman from JL.

wvminrg6b5441.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=a3ac8e570dea1246fb81b3acaaf42a1993f41b85
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    matt_u wrote: »
    The REAL Superman from JL.

wvminrg6b5441.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=a3ac8e570dea1246fb81b3acaaf42a1993f41b85

Awesome
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I wonder if he threatens to murder Steppenwolf in JL.
    Birds of Prey officially receives an R Rating.
    Does it attract anyone over the age of 12?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Birds of Prey officially receives an R Rating.

The Harley Quinn series on DC Universe is already doing everything this movie could ever hope to do, and it's doing them better.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Hildur Guðnadóttir won Best Original Score for Joker at the 2020 Golden Globes awards.

Joaquin Phoenix has won Best Actor - Drama at the 2020 Golden Globes.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hildur Guðnadóttir won Best Original Score for Joker at the 2020 Golden Globes awards.

Both well deserved.
    The Batman has officially begun filming.

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-has-begun-filming/
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

I liked the film, just find a bit overrated to be honest.
    Slightly off top Gervais's Golden Globe monologue was brutal.

Congrats to Joaquin Phoenix
    The Batman has officially begun filming.

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-batman-has-begun-filming/

Be very interesting to see the first images at some point in the future?
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Birds of Prey Trailer 2

I like Margot though I will never watch this film.

It's just occurred to me this film in some aspects reminds me of a crappy film Margot starred in called the Terminal which Margot also produced. That was a garish ugly looking tacky film also
    Birds of Prey Trailer 2

It's just occurred to me this film in some aspects reminds me of a crappy film Margot starred in called the Terminal which Margot also produced. That was a garish ugly looking tacky film also

I might see it... I just can't believe one of the coolest villains from the 80's is well making his first film appearence in this...
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Birds of Prey Trailer 2

I might see it... I just can't believe one of the coolest villains from the 80's is well making his first film appearence in this...

I like Black Mask as a character though I will skip this, as a side note I am happy for Paul Dini regarding Harley doing well for various reasons.
  • This trailer looked better than the first, but I'm still not completely sold. I'm much more looking forward to WW84!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't get... just... it's not a Birds of Prey movie, it's a damn Harley Quinn movie. Just call it Harley Quinn and don't drag the Birds of Prey name down.

Literally the only good thing about that trailer was Ewan McGregor actually putting on the Black Mask. The rest was beyond terrible.
    Birds of Prey clocking in at 1 hour & 48 minutes.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Birds of Prey clocking in at 1 hour & 48 minutes.

The Quantum of Solace of the DCEU, I'll bet. ;)
    I don't get... just... it's not a Birds of Prey movie, it's a damn Harley Quinn movie. Just call it Harley Quinn and don't drag the Birds of Prey name down.

Literally the only good thing about that trailer was Ewan McGregor actually putting on the Black Mask. The rest was beyond terrible.

I really wish they had the penguin and we got black mask … there was a rumor going around that the writers of birds of prey had the choice between black mask and penguin and whichever one they didn't choose was going to wind up in the Batman with Colin Farrel as Penguin now... I have to wonder WTF is dc doing...

I mean I am a huge batman fan and they are making me not want to care about my favorite character....WHY
    Oscar nominations for Joker:

Best Picture
    Best Director - Todd Phillips
    Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay - Todd Phillips and Scott Silver
    Best Original Score - Hildur Guðnadóttir
    Best Sound Editing - Alan Robert Murray
    Best Sound Mixing - Tom Ozanich, Dean Zupancic and Tod Maitland
    Best Cinematography - Lawrence Sher
    Best Makeup and Hairstyling - Nicki Ledermann and Kay Georgiou
    Best Costume Design - Mark Bridges
    Best Film Editing - Jeff Groth

New record for a comic book movie: 11 nominations.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    giphy.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Oscar nominations for Joker:

Best Picture
    Best Director - Todd Phillips
    Best Actor - Joaquin Phoenix
    Best Adapted Screenplay - Todd Phillips and Scott Silver
    Best Original Score - Hildur Guðnadóttir
    Best Sound Editing - Alan Robert Murray
    Best Sound Mixing - Tom Ozanich, Dean Zupancic and Tod Maitland
    Best Cinematography - Lawrence Sher
    Best Makeup and Hairstyling - Nicki Ledermann and Kay Georgiou
    Best Costume Design - Mark Bridges
    Best Film Editing - Jeff Groth

New record for a comic book movie: 11 nominations.

Well deserved, but I still don t take that show seriously.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    wow I should of put money on this Joker will win best picture mark my words
    Social media reactions for Birds of Prey will arrive this Saturday, January 25th. Full review embargo will be lifted next Wednesday, January 29th (9 days before release).