DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    First official poster for Birds of Prey:

0y61kcgdg6n31.jpg

It's gonna take a lot to make me even remotely interested in this.

I will most definitely give it a try ;-).

0y61kcgdg6n31.jpg

It's gonna take a lot to make me even remotely interested in this.

Its going to take even more for me... though there is nothing 100 men or more can not do I blessed the rains down in africa....

And that is why you don't let Toto write your responses :D
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    That poster makes no sense, Birds of Prey looks naff
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I lost what little interest I had in this crap. Joker may very well be the last DC live action film I ever watch.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited September 2019 Posts: 1,257
    'The Batman' Targets Jeffrey Wright as Commissioner Gordon (Exclusive)

I'd love this. I think he'd be great in the role. This would likely mean Barbara would be black too though, and I was really hoping she'd be a ginger (assuming Reeves even has plans to use the character).

Edit:

In other news, tickets for "Joker" went on sale today. Snagged mine early this morning.
    Wright could make a great Gordon! That's the best piece of news I've heard so far regarding 'The Batman.' I definitely plan on seeing Joker soon after its release.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2019 Posts: 40,480
    Wright's one of my favorite actors working day. If he's attached, I'll definitely be seeing it.

Also, Jonah Hill is in talks to play The Riddler:

http://collider.com/jonah-hill-the-batman-villain-riddler/
    Jeffrey Wright is just cool full stop! B-)
    Actually I like Wright as Gordon more so then Pattinson as Batman but still the cast is intriguing I will give it a shot
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Assuming this is still the same "continuity" as Batman V Superman and Justice League, what will be the explanation for Gordon going from JK Simmons to Jeffrey Wright? Or will they just expect us not to notice like when Harvey Dent went from Billy Dee Williams to Tommy Lee Jones?
    edited September 2019 Posts: 1,257
    Assuming this is still the same "continuity" as Batman V Superman and Justice League...

There has never been any legitimate reason to make that assumption.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6

0y61kcgdg6n31.jpg

I let my oldest kid cook for us once. He made a chicken and mushroom casserole. Told me he was using special mushrooms one of his friends got for him.

This poster reminds me of that evening.

(btw, all of that is a complete lie and never happened)
    I just don’t get why Marlo Robbie can do as many movies as she wants but Affleck and company don’t get it
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Robert Pattinson as Batman and Jeffrey Wright as Gordon. Um, yes please. I was excited before but damn! My excitment just went up even further. I could give or take Jonah Hill. I think it could be interesting, although I'd prefer him as the Penguin. I'm kinda hoping this will within its own continuity.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2019 Posts: 15,690
    Trailer arriving tomorrow.

EFu-Whh-DU8-AEm-Ctj.jpg
    EFu-W4-Qo-U0-AAm-RPr.jpg
    EFu-W1-Bx-VAAAh-RVy.jpg
    EFu-Wl-CUVAAEe-PDM.jpg
    EFu-Wq-JAVAAAip08.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I love the bat with "Good night" written on it. And is that the Danish flag tattooed on her thigh?
    I really hate the aesthetic of this film. It just feels so forced and "Look how quirky our film is!".

Tomorrow's trailer will have it's work cut out trying to win me over.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,690
    First trailer for Birds of Prey:

• edited October 2019 Posts: 5,812
    Wonder why they called it Birds of Prey when it seems it's a Harley Quinn solo movie. But Margot Robbie alone might make this watchable, just like she did in Suicide Squad. Still, I think I'll give that a pass.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    First trailer for Birds of Prey:

I rolled my eyes so hard.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Gerard wrote: »
    Wonder why they called it Birds of Prey when it seems it's a Harley Quinn solo movie. But Margot Robbie alone might make this watchable, just like she did in Suicide Squad. Still, I think I'll give that a pass.

+1.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Birds of Prey poor trailer poor acting, comes across as a bit of a vanity project.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I had a Birds of Prey teaser play during IT: Chapter 2 and it looked fairly cringe. This looks to be about the same.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I rather liked Suicide Squad, but this does not interest me.
  • I thought this trailer was bollocks. Nothing about this trailer got me excited to go see this movie. The humor is not funny, Harley Quinn is annoying, and they're marketing it the exact same as Suicide Squad.

I hope I'm wrong, but I am just really not excited for this film.
    I want the two minutes back that I spent watching that trailer.
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,378
    The reviews for JOKER are very encouraging, I am hearing the word Masterpiece being used frequently, I can't wait to see it on Friday afternoon
    The fact that the worlds first view of black mask a cool character from the 1980’s is this garbage is depressing to say the least

Sigh hopefully the Batman will be good