Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

I just turned into the Hulk and smashed a bunch of things.

Well I wanted to.

Some of my Facebook friends were being hacked recently so I changed my password...............it didn't take and I got booted out completely.

I believe it's Waltz's Blofeld responsible- the author of my pain.

All my Bond groups everything I have to go back and start over and rejoin with a new account.
    As usual, I told my employer the dates I wanted for my autumn/winter vacations. And as usual, they are late telling me if they accepted them. What they don't seem to realize is, since mom passed away, I have to rent a flat every time I'm on vacation in Brest, now. And I can't do that if I haven't got the dates for it. As of today, I still haven't gotten their deceison. I'm satarting to worry. Last year, they did the same thing, and not only didn't I get the appartment I wanted, I also nearly missed Joanna Lumley at the Drury Lane in London. It's reallu frustrating, I'm telling you that. I said "I'm telling you that" (ten points for the reference).
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Why did I not see Heaven & Hell back in 2007 or 2009?

I only saw Dio (with his band) once, in 2005. ^:)^
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited September 2019 Posts: 3,157
    I find rather depressing that I will die before being my father's age because of global warming. Meh. :|
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Walecs wrote: »
    I find rather depressing that I will die before being my father's age because of global warming. Meh. :|

Is this a serious statement, @Walecs? Because if it is, I'm sure I can put your mind at ease. ;-)
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    This weekend, after a week without using my car, I found that a mouse (or mice) had taken itself (or themselves) into my car, shitting and biting on some of the interior. I've since spent time cleaning the car interior with whatever wipes, sprays etc. I've had available, as well as setting out mouse traps outside and inside the car.

Safe to say I'm furious, as I never have food or beverages in the car, and the car is not parked outside either. Can only hope I catch the damn thing before it does more damage; I fear it might become (more) expensive if not…

Next step will be to take the car to my local dealership so they can have a look so the engine room looks alright, and then taking the car to a car wash for a thorough cleaning.

If anyone have experienced the same and have any suggestions about what to do, let me know!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This weekend, after a week without using my car, I found that a mouse (or mice) had taken itself (or themselves) into my car, shitting and biting on some of the interior. I've since spent time cleaning the car interior with whatever wipes, sprays etc. I've had available, as well as setting out mouse traps outside and inside the car.

Safe to say I'm furious, as I never have food or beverages in the car, and the car is not parked outside either. Can only hope I catch the damn thing before it does more damage; I fear it might become (more) expensive if not…

Next step will be to take the car to my local dealership so they can have a look so the engine room looks alright, and then taking the car to a car wash for a thorough cleaning.

If anyone have experienced the same and have any suggestions about what to do, let me know!

Toss a grenade into the front seat - I guarantee you'll have no mouse (or car) problems after that.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Toss a grenade into the front seat - I guarantee you'll have no mouse (or car) problems after that.

Haha! Really need that car though, so…
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.

I’ve heard of this becoming more common since the advent of soy based plastics and foams. They’re edible and apparently quite appealing to rodents. I believe GM had to start putting pepper in their soy based wire covers because rats were chewing through wiring harnesses on some of their cars.

I’ve heard of this becoming more common since the advent of soy based plastics and foams. They’re edible and apparently quite appealing to rodents. I believe GM had to start putting pepper in their soy based wire covers because rats were chewing through wiring harnesses on some of their cars.

Never heard of this before! How recent are these soy based plastics/foams? I have a 2010 Honda myself.

Never heard of this before! How recent are these soy based plastics/foams? I have a 2010 Honda myself.

The first car to use soy foam was the 2008 Ford Mustang, and its use took off from there. So it’s quite possible that your car has some soy or other plant based material. Apparently coconut fiber is also seeing widespread use.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

It happened to us probably about 20 years ago by now. My wife got into our beloved Mazda MX-5 (NA) and backed out of the garage when she saw a mouse on the panel behind the seats by looking into the rear-view mirror. She turned (herself) around and saw the mouse vanishing in some hole or cavity, whatever it was. She checked that car and found a "nest" in the trunk (boot for you Brits) built from rags and plastic foam we had kept in the garage, but no mouse.

A few days later, the car became really smelly (we are cat owners and know the smell of dead mice). It seemed to keep smelling for weeks, if not months. We tried to fight it with Febrèze but the only effect was that we now can't stand the smell of Febréze, if it still exists, because it reminds us of dead mice. Anyway, about ten years later we sold the MX-5 with probably at least one mouse skeleton hidden in whichever cavity to be found (or not found) in that car.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

It happened to us probably about 20 years ago by now. My wife got into our beloved Mazda MX-5 (NA) and backed out of the garage when she saw a mouse on the panel behind the seats by looking into the rear-view mirror. She turned (herself) around and saw the mouse vanishing in some hole or cavity, whatever it was. She checked that car and found a "nest" in the trunk (boot for you Brits) built from rags and plastic foam we had kept in the garage, but no mouse.

A few days later, the car became really smelly (we are cat owners and know the smell of dead mice). It seemed to keep smelling for weeks, if not months. We tried to fight it with Febrèze but the only effect was that we now can't stand the smell of Febréze, if it still exists, because it reminds us of dead mice. Anyway, about ten years later we sold the MX-5 with probably at least one mouse skeleton hidden in whichever cavity to be found (or not found) in that car.

My friend has a 2010 Mazda 3 and a rat decided to chew through some of the insulation on his firewall and make a nest out of it on top of the battery.

The first car to use soy foam was the 2008 Ford Mustang, and its use took off from there. So it’s quite possible that your car has some soy or other plant based material. Apparently coconut fiber is also seeing widespread use.

Interesting. I couldn't notice any chewed foams or plastic around the engine itself, but I need the dealership to take a closer look to be sure.

Seems strange that they've started using materials like that if this might be one of the consequences? It takes so little for a mouse to enter the car.

Oh, I certainly hope I won't be dealing with a mouse nest and/or dead mouse smell; that seems horrible! But given the amount of small cavities there are in a car, that might be expected now.

Did the mouse smell itself ever go away?

My friend has a 2010 Mazda 3 and a rat decided to chew through some of the insulation on his firewall and make a nest out of it on top of the battery.

tenor.gif?itemid=3556274

Did your friend get rid of the rat?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Yes, it did. Or we wouldn't have discovered diverse flattened, dried-out remains of dead mice with the weight of a postage stamp under some of our cupboards in our home either. If it smells, we keep searching...just to no avail regarding the car.

Yes, it did. Or we wouldn't have discovered diverse flattened, dried-out remains of dead mice with the weight of a postage stamp under some of our cupboards in our home either. If it smells, we keep searching...just to no avail regarding the car.

The work of the cat those mice under the cupboards?

Very likely so (though there were between one and three cats in our household over time, not necessarily just one). Though the only mice we ever had on the attic happened in the sole five years that we did not have a cat at all. Now, this may be better suited for the Crazy Cat Person thread, but in former times people kept cats to get rid of the mice in the home. Now it seems they rather provide for mice being in the home. But we love them anyway.

Very likely so (though there were between one and three cats in our household over time, not necessarily just one). Though the only mice we ever had on the attic happened in the sole five years that we did not have a cat at all. Now, this may be better suited for the Crazy Cat Person thread, but in former times people kept cats to get rid of the mice in the home. Now it seems they rather provide for mice being in the home. But we love them anyway.

Never owned a cat myself, but it certainly seems they have a tendency to drag dead mice inside! Still, they probably do a decent job in keeping (some) mice away too.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Have you considered confronting mouse.

Ask who sent him. Who is he working for.

I fear I'm not intimidating enough to get anything out of him/her!

Interesting. I couldn't notice any chewed foams or plastic around the engine itself, but I need the dealership to take a closer look to be sure.

Seems strange that they've started using materials like that if this might be one of the consequences? It takes so little for a mouse to enter the car.

Oh, I certainly hope I won't be dealing with a mouse nest and/or dead mouse smell; that seems horrible! But given the amount of small cavities there are in a car, that might be expected now.

tenor.gif?itemid=3556274

Fortunately the rat seems to have left on his own. He hasn’t noticed any more signs since he first saw it while changing his oil.

=)) Post of the day!

tenor.gif?itemid=3556274

Fortunately the rat seems to have left on his own. He hasn’t noticed any more signs since he first saw it while changing his oil.

That's good! A rat should be able to do even more damage than a mouse (one would think).

Never owned a cat myself, but it certainly seems they have a tendency to drag dead mice inside! Still, they probably do a decent job in keeping (some) mice away too.
    The problem is not the dead mice they drag in. Those will either be eaten while still fresh, or else mostly placed in open areas where we find them and can dispose of them. Bringing in live and especially injured and dying mice is the issue. Those are the ones that sometimes manage to escape the cats and end up in places where you don't see them...but smell them after a day or so.
    Telemarketers phoned me (on my landline) three times yesterday. The first one didn't manage to get me (I was shopping for groceries). The second one was an astrologer. The third one phoned me at 22.25 !!!! These people have no shame whatsoever. They killed the E-mail, they're killing the landlines. How long before they kill the mobile phone as well ?

The problem is not the dead mice they drag in. Those will either be eaten while still fresh, or else mostly placed in open areas where we find them and can dispose of them. Bringing in live and especially injured and dying mice is the issue. Those are the ones that sometimes manage to escape the cats and end up in places where you don't see them...but smell them after a day or so.

That's definitely worse! Looks like cats can be lazy hunters sometimes.
    _________

Update: after placing two mouse traps inside the car (as well as three on the outside), a mouse finally got caught in one of the traps. Of course it had managed to shit around on the floor of the car (again), so I had to do another round of cleaning. I've placed additional traps inside the car in case there's more than just the one mouse. Certainly hope there isn't.

I really want to take the car to a car wash for a proper interior cleaning now, but I can't do that until I'm sure there's no more mice. Wonder how long I should wait!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Telemarketers phoned me (on my landline) three times yesterday. The first one didn't manage to get me (I was shopping for groceries). The second one was an astrologer. The third one phoned me at 22.25 !!!! These people have no shame whatsoever. They killed the E-mail, they're killing the landlines. How long before they kill the mobile phone as well ?

I have the same issue. Telemarketers call me very day – often very early in the morning or late at night. It's been going on for so long now that I recognise some of the numbers, so I avoid answering.
    @Torgeirtrap what kind of traps are they that you are using,though,the box trap where the box closes ?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap what kind of traps are they that you are using,though,the box trap where the box closes ?

@barryt007 By box trap, I take it you mean the kind which only traps the mouse and doesn't kill it?

The kind I went for is this kind of traps, which is a variation of those wooden type ones. The mouse has to get underneath the yellow bait lid to reach the bait, which sets off the trap. It must be quite powerful, as the state of the mouse I caught wasn't pretty.

hub9bxfppz5jr3rrb2tx.jpg
    Urgh !!

im-not-even-4xm1xb.jpg
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Urgh !!

im-not-even-4xm1xb.jpg

Disgusting indeed, there was mouse blood involved…

At least I placed the mouse traps on the rubber car mats and not the car floor itself, so the cleaning process didn't take too long. I certainly hope I won't need to do the same cleaning process all over again!
    I'm all for traps ensuring that the mouse that triggers it is quickly and safely killed. I don't want mice to inhabit my house, but I wouldn't want them to suffer either. Like from being maimed but not killed immediately by an insufficient spring, or starving to death because nobody checks the box trap.