NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Univex wrote: »
    It’s past 17:00 GMT and silence from Bond’s social media profiles. I wonder what it means.

And they just posted an ad for a Bond themed Backgammon set for GJBD. Tomorrow maybe?

Can you imagine if that's all we get for GJBD, a Bond themed Backgammon set?

I'd get a good laugh if that's it. Imagine the reactions here. :))

Yep, some people would then know what "worked up" really means. Certain member would have apoplexies, that's for sure :)

We could be in for quite a James Bond Day, no matter what's released or not!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited October 2019 Posts: 2,539
    Know anything, @ggl007? Any info in the wind or in the backchannels of Bond-fan-community intelligence? :)
    Friday, but this is not official.

Poster and teaser in less than 48 hours: that seems to be sure now... unless something happened. :D Yes, sorry, I know that's vague but who would put his hand on fire with show bussiness? 8-} I guess wait and see is the best option...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    It’s past 17:00 GMT and silence from Bond’s social media profiles. I wonder what it means.

And they just posted an ad for a Bond themed Backgammon set for GJBD. Tomorrow maybe?

They should make a Bond themed Chess set with Mr White as the White King :D
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Walecs wrote: »

And then Judi Dench's M is of course the (evil) Queen (of numbers), while Bond is White Knight...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Know anything, @ggl007? Any info in the wind or in the backchannels of Bond-fan-community intelligence? :)

Poster and teaser in less than 48 hours: that seems to be sure now... unless something happened. :D Yes, sorry, I know that's vague but who would put his hand on fire with show bussiness? 8-} I guess wait and see is the best option...
    Thanks for the heads up @ggl007. Your posts are always appreciated :)

It would be a good shout cause we’ve got all the other trailers this week out of the way.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Yes, many thanks for the heads up. If this pans out, I could see the poster dropping tomorrow to announce the trailer for Saturday/GBJD, unless they decide to release them both in commemoration of the anniversary instead. Either way, whether this turns out to be true or not, it'll all be arriving sooner rather than later, no doubt.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Creasy47 Have you decided to watch the teaser? Seems like you've changed your mind.
    jake24 wrote: »
    @Creasy47 Have you decided to watch the teaser? Seems like you've changed your mind.

I have, about a month back. Figured it was better to do so rather than avoid it for months and unsuccessfully have it unveiled for me elsewhere at the last minute (Hulu ads, trailers in theaters, etc). I'm going to give it one viewing and that's it, though, so I hope it makes an impression.

Many thanks for the heads up, my friend and neighbour! Gracias!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I have, about a month back. Figured it was better to do so rather than avoid it for months and unsuccessfully have it unveiled for me elsewhere at the last minute (Hulu ads, trailers in theaters, etc). I'm going to give it one viewing and that's it, though, so I hope it makes an impression.
    Ah, makes sense. Good thinking, IMO. Teasers rarely spoil anything and only tend to give a taste of what's to come.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Ah, makes sense. Good thinking, IMO. Teasers rarely spoil anything and only tend to give a taste of what's to come.

Indeed, I agree. It seems the more the trailers progress - particularly the TV spots - the more spoilers and footage that's better avoided are unveiled.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »

And then Judi Dench's M is of course the (evil) Queen (of numbers), while Bond is White Knight...

:))
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 54
    Cool that the teaser poster might be revealed alongside the trailer announcement. It’s always fun to see what imagery they want to introduce for the long-run marketing effort (Bond coming over the dune in QoS, the bullet hole in SP, etc.).
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    1. Forget the trailer. I realised I want something else instead on Global James Bond Day™: a public apology from Barabra Broccoli to the great Danny Boyle. :))

2. @ggl007 has been more often wrong than right so far, but I trust him that the trailer will arrive tomorrow. If it won't, he will officially enter the mi6community Hall of Fame as the member with the worst sources.
    Must . not . get . worked . up...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Hahaha oh @PanchitoPistoles how infuriating you are sometimes.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    1. Forget the trailer. I realised I want something else instead on Global James Bond Day™: a public apology from Barabra Broccoli to the great Danny Boyle. :))

2. @ggl007 has been more often wrong than right so far, but I trust him that the trailer will arrive tomorrow. If it won't, he will officially enter the mi6community Hall of Fame as the member with the worst sources.

Get over Danny Boyle, geez. This is pathetic.

Get over Danny Boyle, geez. This is pathetic.
    Yeah, he left over a year ago. Let's give it a rest.
    mi Fallout was a part of what killed Boyle.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    mi Fallout was a part of what killed Boyle.
    I see my post went right over people's heads...
    Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to the great Danny Boyle and what could have been to keep it separated from the film we’re getting.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 12,837

Wish I could get excited over the poster but it's just going to be another boring photoshopped shot of Bond standing with a gun in front of a plain or minimalist background isn't it.

Teaser could be cool though. They're always better than the actual posters nowadays imo. The DAD one with the gun in the ice that looks like a chopping cover, the one of DC at the poker table for CR and the bullethole forming the SPECTRE logo for SP were all way better than the actual posters for those films.
    Man, if tomorrow is indeed the day, plus I'm at Skyfall Live in Concert that evening...

giphy.gif

If tomorrow *isn't* I have to wonder if they may premiere it to the crowd at the Albert Hall. Unlikely but would be amazing.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,554
    I haven't heard of one of these dropping on a Saturday. It would have to be Friday.

As for GJBD, they truly missed it by two days. The only month/day combo in the Western calendar, that includers 007, is October 7th. 1007. (In Euro terms, though, I guess it would be the 10th of july.)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited October 2019 Posts: 1,257
    Wish I could get excited over the poster but it's just going to be another boring photoshopped shot of Bond standing with a gun in front of a plain or minimalist background isn't it.

I was about to post the exact same thing. I fully expect to be disappointed.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,294

If you're hoping for an elaborately illustrated poster which is very much a throwback to the posters of the 60's-80's, then you're bound to be disappointed. As a graphic designer myself I'm always interested to see how the poster(s) look like, but there's no denying that movie posters have a tendency to be a bit…predictable.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    So funny the last couple of pages. And most fans in here wouldn't mind waiting for the next Bond-film in 3, 4 or maybe 5 or 6 years from now. Yeah...right. Who is patient now 😂. My oowh my, a trailer will come, but stop analizing and dissecting pieces and bits of trustworthy sources, who got it from trustworthy sources, who then got it from trustworthy sources 😅. Just be patient. If the trailer comes Saturday, I will be happy. If it comes early November, I will be happy too.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

If you're hoping for an elaborately illustrated poster which is very much a throwback to the posters of the 60's-80's, then you're bound to be disappointed. As a graphic designer myself I'm always interested to see how the poster(s) look like, but there's no denying that movie posters have a tendency to be a bit…predictable.

Minimalism seems to be the way things are now. Most posters these days rely on using two contrasting colours and a straightforward design - probably so the image can be easily manipulated into banner form later on too. Makes sense from that perspective but you're absolutely right; it's not very exciting.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    As long as it's better than the posters for Spectre. I never understood why they put the skull on the main poster, it wasn't even that big of a thing in the film?