NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Start crossing my fingers for tomorrow then haha
  • RC7RC7
    This was never going to happen at 5pm on a Friday.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I am very much enjoying the anticipation for the trailer. I love this sh*t.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    RC7 wrote: »

I fear there's no logic involved. EON just does what they want, they have done that all along, especially with this film.

Announcement on Jamaica? Sure, we'll give the fans one day notice.
    Letting the cast dramatically unveil themselves? Nah, we'll just let Cary read the names.
    That title? Let's just do that at a random moment without any warning.

In the same genre, I can totally see them unveiling the trailer tomorrow "because it's Global James Bond Day". But it would totally go against movie trailer conventions.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    To be fair, the @007 Twitter is still yet to post. They didn’t post anything till half 5 yesterday so there’s still time for something.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited October 2019 Posts: 544
    Denbigh wrote: »
    To be fair, the @007 Twitter is still yet to post. They didn’t post anything till half 5 yesterday so there’s still time for something.

Posted a Happy Birthday to Christoph Waltz, in the morning.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Hopefully something comes out tomorrow, because this last few weeks we have desperately needed something to talk about

I'd much prefer if they did an announcement with a countdown to the reveal of the teaser rather than randomly release it, because like @CraigMooreOHMSS said, it's the anticipation and the hype we love. Plus it gets people talking, instead of arguing as to when it will be revealed
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869

I saw that but for some reason I always thought they posted a couple of times a day :/

I saw that but for some reason I always thought they posted a couple of times a day :/

Probably their next tweet will be about the Bollinger 40th bottle :((
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Right? ;) It’s like a random Christmas sort of thing and we’re all kids again.

Maybe there’s someone at EON sitting at a computer saying ‘poor blokes, if they only knew they’ll have to wait till November... They’ll probably be all dead by then if they keep up like this’
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Univex wrote: »

The guessing game is all part of the fun. I'm waiting to unwrap the presents and seeing how many people throw their toys out of the pram.

The guessing game is all part of the fun. I'm waiting to unwrap the presents and seeing how many people throw their toys out of the pram.

Exactly! This is why I like Bond in the first place. Takes me back. It’s childhood all over again. Boys with toys ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I fear there's no logic involved. EON just does what they want, they have done that all along, especially with this film.

Letting the cast dramatically unveil themselves? Nah, we'll just let Cary read the names.

In the same genre, I can totally see them unveiling the trailer tomorrow "because it's Global James Bond Day". But it would totally go against movie trailer conventions.

giphy.gif
    He has a point. Thing is, I like EON even more for it.

This ‘world apart’, ‘own rules’ thing they have going on is straight up my alley. Good for them, I say.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    TripAces wrote: »

giphy.gif

Well, technically speaking, no. They appear to have conversations with MGM, Universal and Annapurna. But they're kinda the ones who pull the shots, unless something really gets vetoed, like the title. And I'm sure MGM/Universal have their own ideas on when a trailer ideally gets released, so I suppose they have meetings about it.
    Wasn’t it said that Babs was discussing it with the Universal man?

PS: some things we get to say around here sound down right odd, don’t they?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Wasn’t it said that Babs was discussing it with the Universal man?

PS: some things we get to say around here sound down right odd, don’t they?
    “The Universal Man” sounds like an episode title for ‘The Man from U.N.C.L.E’ or a Michael Caine spy movie haha :D
    If U.N.C.L.E., then it would be "The Universal Man Affair".
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 3,164

The final SP trailer did :D
    The everything or nothing Instagram page claims the trailer is coming tomorrow
    saxby wrote: »

I hope so but what are the sources to back up that claim?
    saxby wrote: »
    Care to post a link to the "everything or nothing Instagram page"?
    Hopefully this works
    That's a fan poster, so I doubt they know more than us.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,293
    I guess this is the account @saxby is referring to:

An official trailer for #NoTimeToDie is set to be released tomorrow as the world celebrates #JamesBondDay
    The excitement is certainly building, with fans desperate to see a glimpse of what is said to be #DanielCraig’s last outing as #007. .
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thank you, @Univex @Benny and @Jordo007
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    So, it's either 2 PM or 5 PM British time?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    What if they drop trailer/poster/whatever tonight: 00:07 London time .. which would be 01:07 in Sweden

• RC7RC7
    Contraband wrote: »
    What if they drop trailer/poster/whatever tonight: 00:07 London time .. which would be 01:07 in Sweden

When most people are asleep.