NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

1174175176177178180»

Comments

• edited September 2021 Posts: 850

I don't know how IMAX work, but question for the experts : if in this video we are able to see/display the "wide" version on a Twitter video, why we can't do it it in a (classic) cinema screen? Maybe cause in cinema the film is prjected on a screen otherwise to be display on a digital screen like the ones on our TV or PC monitor?

Beside, if it's seems easy to project the wide version in a Twitter video, should we hope to can see the "wide" one too on blu-ray ? I mean I can watch the Twitter video and the Blu-Ray one on the same exact screen of my TV, so? (Here it's the same type of screen).
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 3,164

I don't know how IMAX work, but question for the experts : if in this video we are able to see/display the "wide" version on a Twitter video, why we can't do it it in a (classic) cinema screen? Maybe cause in cinema the film is prjected on a screen otherwise to be display on a digital screen like the ones on our TV or PC monitor?

Beside, if it's seems easy to project the wide version in a Twitter video, should we hope to can see the "wide" one too on blu-ray ? I mean I can watch the Twitter video and the Blu-Ray one on the same exact screen of my TV, so? (Here it's the same type of screen).

Because IMAX would prefer to keep the expanded image exclusive to their cinemas - you can only see more of the picture by going to an IMAX showing. (and should clarify, though this social media graphic shows 26% more image - expansion to 1.90:1 aspect ratio which is what most IMAX screens are; in select few 'real IMAXes' like the Manchester Printworks and the Science Museum in the UK, you will get 40% more image in a 1.43:1 aspect ratio.)

When the film hits Blu-ray it will likely have the expanded image for the IMAX sequences, much like on the Christopher Nolan films like Tenet, Dunkirk etc. Ultimately a decision for Cary/EON to make creatively if they want to keep the IMAX footage on the home entertainment versions. But the regular cinema versions of the film will 100% not have the expanded footage, it will be fixed at 2.40:1 like the trailers.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    For the BD release I think they will stick to the cropped ratio…
    Thanks for the answers, that explain lot of thing. IMAX screen are relatively rare (in the whole France, only 16) and all far from my home, so I can forget the "real IMAX" ones I guess.

Think they will stay in the croped one too, but maybe thay can offers the 2 possibility (I don't know giving the two options how many space it would takes on a blu-ray disk).
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @battleshipgreygt ... I'm getting the same vibes as you. And I'd be fully on board with it for the reasons you state.
    I don't know if they'd go all the way down this road since the average filmgoers may be confused with an absolute conclusion like that and may also think that series is over, something the filmmakers wouldn't want to do.
    Thanks for the answers, that explain lot of thing. IMAX screen are relatively rare (in the whole France, only 16) and all far from my home, so I can forget the "real IMAX" ones I guess.

Think they will stay in the croped one too, but maybe thay can offers the 2 possibility (I don't know giving the two options how many space it would takes on a blu-ray disk).

There is one venue in France which is the "real IMAX" - the Pathe in Montpellier! And of course you can try make it to Brussels.

And I don't think having both cropped and uncropped versions on the same disc would be possible. The way the Nolan releases are is that the DVD and digital copies (iTunes, Google etc) are cropped, while only the Blu-ray disc itself has the IMAX footage.
    That's very interresting, and change my plans. Well guess I will gonna do at least 4 hours of road trip...

I have an another question about IMAX, sometime they talk "IMAX 3D" (remember in one of the country of the old East block, a poster of the NTTD movie had this mention. What is the differences with the "classic" IMAX and do you need special glasses ? (For exemple for the new Marvel Shang-shi, all IMAX theatres in France says "IMAX 3D").
    That's very interresting, and change my plans. Well guess I will gonna do at least 4 hours of road trip...

I have an another question about IMAX, sometime they talk "IMAX 3D" (remember in one of the country of the old East block, a poster of the NTTD movie had this mention. What is the differences with the "classic" IMAX and do you need special glasses ? (For exemple for the new Marvel Shang-shi, all IMAX theatres in France says "IMAX 3D").
    Just that, 3D in addition to the big screen for which you will be given special glasses. With No Time To Die, indeed some territories are getting it in 3D, namely, Russia, Ukraine, parts of Asia... In Europe, I think only Germany and the Netherlands have so far said they'll have 3D showings. In the US and UK it will 100% not be available. At very least there should be a choice, I know for Dune, at Brussels it's OV screenings in IMAX 2D only, and at Montpellier the VF shows are IMAX 3D while VOST are IMAX 2D.
    Unfortunately in Italy it’s not possible to witness the greatness of a full IMAX projection.
    Damn, why does it have to be so complicated? All I want is just see the film in french + 1.43:1 + without 3D glasses. Why can't we have this combo neither in France, neither in Belgium? x) What's the point to have 40% of more more picture if you're eye never leave it the tiny place were you read the subtitle? (And seems more redondant since I will already see the movie once in VO from the Premiere).

Thanks, now I see more clear in that shadow things.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Unfortunately in Italy it’s not possible to witness the greatness of a full IMAX projection.

Here's to it's show the limits of the thing, using great technologie for the movie is great but if 97% of the people can't benefit of it, it's...
    Damn, why does it have to be so complicated? All I want is just see the film in french + 1.43:1 + 2D. Why can't we have this combo neither in France, neither in Belgium? x) What's the point to have 40% of more more picture if you're eye never leave it the tiny place were you read the subtitle? (And seems more redondant since I will already see the movie once in VO from the Premiere).

For all we know maybe FR/BE won't have the 3D at all!
    Maybe, I hope. I saw that Bruxelle the IMAX projections are only in VO.

In Montpellier for Dune, I saw that VO is listed "IMAX" while VF is "IMAX 3D" each time... (If NTTD is like that, maybe the solution for me is to "make profitable" the 7h of road driving by go to see the 2 version the same day?).

Will be great to have more infos on IMAX edition of NTTD around the world soon, maybe a guide, I'm sure lot of people like me were/are lost.
  • This shot from the trailer is so very iconic.....I look forward to seeing it added to all of the Craig-era montage videos to come

lo4IQy0.png
    That’s Primo’s vision if you ask me.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Yeah absolutely. There's also a flicker of recognition on Bond's face in the trailer which seals the deal there for me.
    Wait.....is this movie in 3D???

For some reason my cinema has it listed as "3D"

I assume it's a mistake or?
    It was definitely not shot in 3D…
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    This shot from the trailer is so very iconic.....I look forward to seeing it added to all of the Craig-era montage videos to come

lo4IQy0.png

Loved this shot as well!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yeah absolutely. There's also a flicker of recognition on Bond's face in the trailer which seals the deal there for me.
    For what it's worth,
    the electronic eyeball prop I said I claimed to have seen [that splits in half and has a little red SMD (LED) light inside] had a blue iris, and was described as belonging to Blofeld, not Primo. If true, then multiple characters have similar eye tech.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Wait.....is this movie in 3D???

For some reason my cinema has it listed as "3D"

I assume it's a mistake or?

Which country are you in?

@matt_u It's been post converted like most 3D releases - and is the first time that's been done for Bond. The 3D release is only for select territories though, the US and UK are 100% not getting it. Others though...might.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Which always means the effects will be poor and not worth it. I suppose they made use of all the extra post-production time they got on their hands due to delays to add this for certain releases.

Which always means the effects will be poor and not worth it. I suppose they made use of all the extra post-production time they got on their hands due to delays to add this for certain releases.

It was announced as 3D in certain territories in March 2020 before Covid.
    So the 3D-thing was planned before.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Jan1985 wrote: »

It was announced as 3D in certain territories in March 2020 before Covid.
    So the 3D-thing was planned before.

Aha. News to me.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    QBranch wrote: »
    For what it's worth,
    the electronic eyeball prop I said I claimed to have seen [that splits in half and has a little red SMD (LED) light inside] had a blue iris, and was described as belonging to Blofeld, not Primo. If true, then multiple characters have similar eye tech.
    That could explain why Blofeld is missing his eye in the trailer. But how's he managed to get a new robo eye in prison?

AofAKIR.jpg

x7ycL1L.jpg

sHkTfmG.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think I'd like to see the gunbarrel in 3D, I must admit :D

The opening titles will be trippy!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    mtm wrote: »
    I think I'd like to see the gunbarrel in 3D, I must admit :D

The opening titles will be trippy!

Actually yeah, that would be unreal. Glasses off for the rest of the film though.
    Well a dutch TV spot and link on it confirm it the 3D also :

62rzBgP.jpg

(I don't think 3D glasses could be good if you have glasses cause you have problems to see without).
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    A new OMEGA campaign has been launched which reveals 007’s new timepiece in action in No Time To Die. The new commercial shows Bond use his grade 2 titanium watch, the OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 007 Edition, which Q has given some of his signature modifications to. The real-life watch is now available to customers with the same military inspiration, lightweight design and vintage touches.

The omega one is the same they release in 2019 or 2020 (but in shorter!). Nothing "new" contrary at at at said. The original long one :

• NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia

New TV Spot