NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    antovolk wrote: »

This has got me so much more hyped. I just hope we haven't seen all of Ana De Armas's scenes in all these trailers 😅
    This trailer really ramps up the urgency and the intrigue. I can't wait now
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,441
    Also avaible on the offical Eon 007.com youtube channel

• Screenshot-20210831-154246-Instagram.jpg
    In this image he clearly is in Q's lab and says something 'people become the weapon'. Is there a possibility he's been infected during the Cuban meeting?

If you look closely
    I think you can see scarring similar to Safin's on the back of his hand...
    Will Universal release it too dubbed? Probably next days?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That international trailer was even better! Can’t wait to see that motorcycle jump or the bridge jump on the big screen. I’m also excited for all those gunfights at Safin’s. Looks awesome.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

It'll be interesting to see if Bond refers to Nomi as 007 again in the Italian one! Let us know! :)
    Screenshot-20210831-154246-Instagram.jpg
    In this image he clearly is in Q's lab and says something 'people become the weapon'. Is there a possibility he's been infected during the Cuban meeting?

If you look closely

Hard to tell but if so that could explain the scars on his face and why they seemingly heal later in the film.
    mtm wrote: »

It'll be interesting to see if Bond refers to Nomi as 007 again in the Italian one! Let us know! :)

As soon as is out will let know. Don't worry😏
  • Definitely digging the international trailer more! Getting pumped now!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I must admit I think I prefer the US slightly, but they're only trailers! Interesting that the US one is more Madeleine, the international more Nomi and De Amas. I don't think it's significant in any way, though.
    Excellent trailers. They’ve looked better and better every time I think. Given how much they’ve committed to making Craig’s 5 films be an arc and the fact I never got to see my favorite Bond film, CR, in the theater, I’m really hoping they do the marathon tickets of his tenure again. I would be all over that.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I tend to avoid this thread though I am pumped after watching the Final trailer to the 'Final' Craig Bond film. I want to go watch it next week now, still month to wait though we have waited a long time so a month may as well be a few days or few years :))
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    A nice pair of trailers. I like the idea behind the US one a lot but I think the international trailer is better overall. Neither are as good as Trailer 2, which was phenomenal, but they'll both do the job they need to.

I'm glad they resisted the urge to show more than what we've seen already beyond a line or two here and there. Still plenty of unknowns to enjoy when the film comes out.
    A nice pair of trailers. I like the idea behind the US one a lot but I think the international trailer is better overall. Neither are as good as Trailer 2, which was phenomenal, but they'll both do the job they need to.

My feelings exactly.
  • Not a big fan of this trailer. The beginning with this reminder of other films looks very "fan made". I'm disappointed with the cinematography of some shots. As if they had lost color compared to old trailers...

I followed a link and had to double check this was official - the clips from previous films feels very much like what you would see on a fan made trailer.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Not a big fan of this trailer. The beginning with this reminder of other films looks very "fan made". I'm disappointed with the cinematography of some shots. As if they had lost color compared to old trailers...

I followed a link and had to double check this was official - the clips from previous films feels very much like what you would see on a fan made trailer.

Completely agree my friend. I do think that was purposely aimed at the American audience, as a way to hype NTTD up as the final chapter, similar to Endgame? Maybe that's why it's focused on Bond and Madeline
  • The concept of it is reminiscent of a fan trailer and we have seen that in many fan creations, but I think it makes a lot of sense to do that, particularly in the context of a US trailer. It's been 6 years since Spectre (which was not as successful critically or financially in the US) and the film really relies on knowledge of a film that first came out 15 years ago so it would be unwise not to reference those in the trailer. I imagine there will be a lot of people going back to CR - SP, likely many casual fans who haven't seen all of the Craig films or ones who have and are in need of a refresher.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @mtm What was that software you used to isolate the instrumentals from the title track? Curious if it would work with the new trailers?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I vastly prefer the international trailer.

Bond is back.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,496
    ertert wrote: »
    Screenshot-20210831-154246-Instagram.jpg

If you look closely

Hard to tell but if so that could explain the scars on his face and why they seemingly heal later in the film.

It does look like his face is healing from something in this shot:

MQ40XDq.jpg

Here's a better shot if his hands, but its hard to tell what he's specifically looking at:

JEGv2Mt.jpg

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    jake24 wrote: »
    @mtm What was that software you used to isolate the instrumentals from the title track? Curious if it would work with the new trailers?

That's Xminus here: https://x-minus.pro/ai

Give it a go! It'll remove the speech but I would imagine the sound effects will remain intact.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 15,803
    echo wrote: »

Bond is back.

Same here. The international trailer implies Bond is back, whereas the US trailer implies Bond is concluding.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    echo wrote: »

Bond is back.

Same here. The international trailer implies Bond is back, whereas the US trailer implies Bond is concluding.

Fair point. I guess they should have gone more for 'culmination' :D
    I prefer the US one myself actually, but think they’re both great!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I prefer the US one myself actually, but think they’re both great!
    Same here.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    VwiycTE.jpg

I hadn't noticed this on the first watch, but is Bond trying to grab Waldo?
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 12,266
    The only qualm I have is QOS (unsurprisingly) being shortchanged of the callbacks to the Craig films. Just the one tiny bit. With stuff like that and the fact Greene wasn’t on the wall in Spectre like Bond’s other past “demons,” it definitely feels like they don’t care much for it :( shame, because I love it and find it plenty worthy.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    I prefer the tone and pacing of the US version. It's coolness defined. My favorite!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    The only qualm I have is QOS (unsurprisingly) being shortchanged of the callbacks to the Craig films. Just the one tiny bit. With stuff like that and the fact Greene wasn’t on the wall in Spectre like Bond’s other past “demons,” it definitely feels like they don’t care much for it :( shame, because I love it and find it plenty worthy.

Agreed 100%. I noticed the same thing.
  • Very smart call to include old scenes and Dench's voiceover in the US trailer... adding to the "must see" status of the film, like the last Harry Potter or Avengers film. I'm torn between which trailer I like more, but I wonder why they didn't use the same approach for the Int'l trailer.