NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I suspect that's why they put a huge NTTD logo on those bits: that should have been a clue ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    mtm wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Loving the added footage.

Yes, just enough, wasn't it? I like that they've teased a little more of the Aston machine gun moment.

It really was! I love how most of it was just extensions of scenes we’ve already seen. I also love Bond’s delivery of “OK,” for some reason, and Safin waking up in the snow. This is going to be one killer conclusion.

Careful: I didn't know it was from that part of the film! :)

Interesting that this is a very Nomi-lite trailer. Also: Safin appears to say he's in love with Madeline, I note.
    And we get to see Blofeld's lips this time. Definitely "it'll be the death of you" :D

Unless I'm misreading, by "conclusion," I meant conclusion of Craig's era, not which parts make up the finale. Apologies if it seemed that way!
    "Life is all about leaving something behind — isn't it?"

Ahhhhhhhhhhh
    Mathilde
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Loving the added footage.

Yes, just enough, wasn't it? I like that they've teased a little more of the Aston machine gun moment.

It really was! I love how most of it was just extensions of scenes we’ve already seen. I also love Bond’s delivery of “OK,” for some reason, and Safin waking up in the snow. This is going to be one killer conclusion.

Careful: I didn't know it was from that part of the film! :)

Interesting that this is a very Nomi-lite trailer. Also: Safin appears to say he's in love with Madeline, I note.
    And we get to see Blofeld's lips this time. Definitely "it'll be the death of you" :D

Unless I'm misreading, by "conclusion," I meant conclusion of Craig's era, not which parts make up the finale. Apologies if it seemed that way!

Ah phew- I get what you mean, yes indeed! :D No worries!
    The hype continues to build!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Freeze trailer at 0:55 >>

Young Swann under the ice. Pretty scary footage
  • Music sounds very Hans Zimmery
    Contraband wrote: »
    Freeze trailer at 0:55 >>

Young Swann under the ice. Pretty scary footage

You're right. Damn!
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    Awesome trailer!
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Being James Bond trailer
    I only watched the new trailer once but I see the only snippet of QoS footage it had was from one of the original trailers for the film.
    Are they going to release the final trailer officially in other languages too?
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Finally ! Is it me or the cinematography is a little strange, more bland and greenish than on the old trailers?

Yes I noticed that. But I also found some shots to look very cartoony/CGI'y if that makes sense...
    Finally ! Is it me or the cinematography is a little strange, more bland and greenish than on the old trailers?

Yes I noticed that. But I also found some shots to look very cartoony/CGI'y if that makes sense...

The bit with Bond and Nomi flying looks a little off to me, maybe because it's been such a big moment in a lot of the trailers so far and I've seen it so many times. I'll be more interested in the practical stunts and action than moments like that, though, so hopefully it doesn't take up too much time within the film.
    Are they going to release the final trailer officially in other languages too?

Seems no as it's just the US final trailer. International markets will seemingly have another
    Screenshot-20210831-154246-Instagram.jpg
    In this image he clearly is in Q's lab and says something 'people become the weapon'. Is there a possibility he's been infected during the Cuban meeting?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I was in the middle of re-watching it and it went “private” !
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    edited August 2021 Posts: 1,208
    Download Link:

https://easyupload.io/lyb3xz
    Password: 007
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    edited August 2021 Posts: 48
    Not a big fan of this trailer. The beginning with this reminder of other films looks very "fan made". I'm disappointed with the cinematography of some shots. As if they had lost color compared to old trailers...
    talos7 wrote: »

yes - guess official launch in 2 hours (9am PT)
    Certainly a nice, unofficial treat for those of us up early (or late) enough.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    This trailer reminds me a lot of the Superbowl trailer, 18 months ago. It really does a great job at bigging up this being the final mission and how the other films have lead to NTTD.
    The shot were Bond looks up at the huge spiral staircase reminds me of the initial concept for Blofeld's lair in Spectre
    The only thing that has me slightly nervous is
    some of the CGI shots and this talk about cloning. Really hope they stick the landing on that, if they go down that route
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Not a big fan of this trailer. The beginning with this reminder of other films looks very "fan made".

Same here...
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 822
    Agreed. And the cheesy "nothing can prepare you" text isn't quite doing it for me. Other than that, I'm loving this trailer though.
    antovolk wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »

yes - guess official launch in 2 hours (9am PT)

Guess so, at least here in Italy all the past trailers were published in that time range (which would be 5pm GMT if I'm not mistaken)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Screenshot-20210831-154246-Instagram.jpg
    In this image he clearly is in Q's lab and says something 'people become the weapon'. Is there a possibility he's been infected during the Cuban meeting?

Possibly, but it's more likely that the Cuba meeting was Safin's demonstration of stealth viruses, in which a person is unknowingly infected with a pathogen, harmless on its own, but is later "activated" when combined with another chemical--like the mist (or dust) that falls from the ceiling. Bond is unharmed in that scene because he was never infected with the pathogen.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Oh damn, nice! Think I prefer the US one though :)
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    This one is better!