NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    If they will show the trailer at the end of SF they’d better release it online too since someone will 100% film it at the event.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @mtm looks like it.
    So I am guessing Tuesday will be the day... Monday is a bank holiday, and it may likely also time with tickets on sale and "1 month to go" messaging
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Looking forward to it! I'll have to time my lunch break well on Tuesday, methinks.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks for the updates as always, @antovolk, looking forward to (hopefully) seeing it come Tuesday.

Nothing new/interrestinng in it howewer
    Damn, I hope there's a helluva lot more to this flick than these key shots because by now I'm more than desensitised to them.

But I'm guessing that the film is a mammoth compared to these trailers.
    Univex wrote: »
    Damn, I hope there's a helluva lot more to this flick than these key shots because by now I'm more than desensitised to them.

That's how I feel, too, but it's good to realize that, considering how long the film is, there's tons we've yet to see still.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

That's how I feel, too, but it's good to realize that, considering how long the film is, there's tons we've yet to see still.

And the difference of most "normal" people to us super-fans is, that they don't watch the trailers and TV spots and everything more than once if ever.
    There will be millions of people sitting in the movie theatres around the world not having seen one trailer of the movie before - and just going to the cinema because it's the new James Bond film.

So the movie will work, even if all the big stunts and money shots are already in the trailers.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    If the new trailer were to be released on Thursday then a 10 second teaser of said trailer would likely be dropped either today or tomorrow, surely?
    jake24 wrote: »
    If the new trailer were to be released on Thursday then a 10 second teaser of said trailer would likely be dropped either today or tomorrow, surely?

You're forgetting the teaser for the teaser of the trailer, which would've arrived yesterday. It's only logical!
    GUYS
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Amazing :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well that's marvellous, they've done a good job on that. A couple of new bits to keep us interested.
    The baddie's plan sounds a bit Kingsman! :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Damn!! Best trailer so far
    Loving the added footage. Good call on a Tuesday release, @antovolk!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Loving the added footage.

Yes, just enough, wasn't it? I like that they've teased a little more of the Aston machine gun moment.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Interesting that it's not been officially posted yet...
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 3,164
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Interesting that it's not been officially posted yet...

Went live a little early on the NTTD playlist on the 007 YouTube. Presumably official launch in 30 mins.

Btw this does explain the Korean posting - expecting one more international final trailer on whatever that date was week before the release (Sept 23)

But just LOVE how they finally went for the finale sell!
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    Finally ! Is it me or the cinematography is a little strange, more bland and greenish than on the old trailers?
    mtm wrote: »

Yes, just enough, wasn't it? I like that they've teased a little more of the Aston machine gun moment.

It really was! I love how most of it was just extensions of scenes we’ve already seen. I also love Bond’s delivery of “OK,” for some reason, and Safin waking up in the snow. This is going to be one killer conclusion.
  • HeinsenbergHeinsenberg France
    edited August 2021 Posts: 48
    Trailer 1 vs trailer 3 :

bond.png
    The music is great too, it’s an extension of the suite heard in international trailer 2 and more appropriately epic than previous trailers. The dialogue seems fantastic as well.
    Yes, some of the line delivery so far hasn’t really done it for me but a lot of the new bits in this trailer sound great.
    jake24 wrote: »
    The dialogue seems fantastic as well.

Yes, M's line about once we were able to sit with the enemy in a room is fantastic, and well delivered. And Craig seems to really be in it this time around, he's intense in every scene.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,861
    mtm wrote: »

It really was! I love how most of it was just extensions of scenes we’ve already seen. I also love Bond’s delivery of “OK,” for some reason, and Safin waking up in the snow. This is going to be one killer conclusion.

Careful: I didn't know it was from that part of the film! :)

Interesting that this is a very Nomi-lite trailer. Also: Safin appears to say he's in love with Madeline, I note.
    And we get to see Blofeld's lips this time. Definitely "it'll be the death of you" :D
    Okay, that IS the best trailer so far!!!!
    Wow.....I thought it be hard to top Dune's second trailer but that was the real deal. I honestly spontaneously clapped at the end. I'm someone who was pretty underwhelmed by Trailer 2, but something about this one just clicked.

shia-labeouf-clapping.gif

I bloody adore that they are playing up the whole 'finale' and 'conclusion' angle.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 6,669
    Yes, wasn't expecting to see 2006's DC at the beginning, for a second I thought youtube had jumped to a different video :) (same DC shot that opened the original trailer back then, how cool is that?)
    Love it. Roll on, Bond.

(Side note: this appears to have been released early, as it's an unlisted YouTube video and the official channels are quiet about it so far. Which means someone is in trouble.)