NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    As I said, the trailer is releasing this week. What should I be required to do if it doesn’t?
    Tomorrow?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    As I said, the trailer is releasing this week. What should I be required to do if it doesn’t?

tumblr_inline_nxcfjnXvJX1tcrqyq_500.gif
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I still have the unrealistic plan that I won't watch the teasers/trailers for NTTD. I think that the movie would be more exciting this way. I was a bit disappointed when I watched SP the first time realising that all good stunts were already in the final trailer...Is this a stupid idea?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,474
    I still have the unrealistic plan that I won't watch the teasers/trailers for NTTD. I think that the movie would be more exciting this way. I was a bit disappointed when I watched SP the first time realising that all good stunts were already in the final trailer...Is this a stupid idea?

Not at all. It's what I'll be doing, sans watching the teaser trailer just once, and that's it. No more viewings, no more trailers, no TV spots, nothing, that's all I'm going to allot myself. It's going to be tough, but I want to go in as fairly cluelessly as I can. Like you said, SP trailers did seem to reveal a lot, and I can't help but feel like going in unaware regarding the Mr. White twist and some other aspects would've made things play out a lot more interesting.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Good that I'm not the only one. Maybe I should join some kind of self-help group...
    Good that I'm not the only one. Maybe I should join some kind of self-help group...

It's my motto with a lot of films and shows these days, honestly. I do watch some trailers from time to time, but going in unaware is typically a great way to experience stuff.
    Tell ya what, you guys have inspired me to not watch any tv spots or film clips this time around. Only the teaser and the trailer will do.
    Univex wrote: »
    Tell ya what, you guys have inspired me to not watch any tv spots or film clips this time around. Only the teaser and the trailer will do.

Good thinking! The TV spots are when things seem to get the most dicey and spoiler-filled, in my opinion, especially the international ones.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Good thinking! The TV spots are when things seem to get the most dicey and spoiler-filled, in my opinion, especially the international ones.

I agree. There was one particular tv spot that ruined the Blofeld thing for SP, for example. And what about listening to the soundtrack beforehand? Do you thnik it ruins the sonorous surprise effect? I find that it does.
    Spectre was practically out in its entirety with the leaks and a lot of bts footage as well as the revealing trailers.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

I agree. There was one particular tv spot that ruined the Blofeld thing for SP, for example. And what about listening to the soundtrack beforehand? Do you thnik it ruins the sonorous surprise effect? I find that it does.

Well, the SP first full trailer was basically a resume of the film, filled with spoilers.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    matt_u wrote: »

Well, the SP first full trailer was basically a resume of the film, filled with spoilers.

That’s true! Rewatched it now. How could they? I do hope Fukunaga gets to approve or even edit the trailer. I really want to feel straight away what is a Cary Joji Fukunaga Bond film. But I rather have no plot points, no narrative, just some moody and fun shots with a killer music.

Anyone else feeling Tomorrow’ could be a party day for us? ;) Or does Saturday feel like a proper holiday?

I personally never listen to film scores/soundtracks until after I've seen the film, but I know the song titles can be very, very spoilery in and of themselves. That's another aspect that's best to avoid until post-viewing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

There is one here-the Colders Federation, run by @PropertyOfALady .
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    edited October 2019 Posts: 544
    I can't really see a main title song being a spoiler.
    After all, I didn't hear things like...

"You Only Live Twice, or so it seems,
    Two girls are dead, and one's in your bed.
    You drift through the film, and scenes seem tame.
    Till Blofeld appears, and you'll see his face"

or...

"GoldenEye, I'll spoil the ending.
    GoldenEye, Sean Bean is not dead,
    GoldenEye, Bond's friend is the villain,
    It will take, forever to see, what I've spoiled"

and...

"The World Is Not Enough
    But there are spoilers to reveal right now, my love.
    And if you love Marceau
    Together we can spill the truth right know,
    She's bad!"

:D :))
    @NS_writings, the titles of the actual tracks, not the main title song.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Yep, those always contain huge spoilers.

Ah, that makes sense!
    Sorry @Creasy47

(Anyway, hope you found my lyrics funny ;) )
    And the soudtracks rob you of the element of awe and surprise if you are aware of them without the proper image that corresponds to those particular bars.

Ah, that makes sense!
    Sorry @Creasy47

(Anyway, hope you found my lyrics funny ;) )

No worries! Funny thing is the GE trailers definitely revealed the 006/Janus twist, so that would've been a fitting title song for the proceedings.
  • Tuck91 wrote: »
    Spectre was practically out in its entirety with the leaks and a lot of bts footage as well as the revealing trailers.

I often wonder if that's why SPECTRE was so harshly judged by fans on here. No surprises in it, making it feel 'bland' on the first viewing.
    I loved it, but then I never saw the leaks etc.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    shamanimal wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I often wonder if that's why SPECTRE was so harshly judged by fans on here. No surprises in it, making it feel 'bland' on the first viewing.
    I loved it, but then I never saw the leaks etc.

Not from me. I watched SPECTRE 6 times, three at the movie theatre and three at home and I disliked it each time more than the previous one. The more I watch it, the more I find things about it that I don't like. That's just me, though.
  • As someone who has read quite a bit of the leaked script material, a big part of my frustration was that the changes made to the final film were far inferior to what was in the script. Particularly in the third act and with Blofeld, in my opinion.
    As someone who has read quite a bit of the leaked script material, a big part of my frustration was that the changes made to the final film were far inferior to what was in the script. Particularly in the third act and with Blofeld, in my opinion.

Agreed! Would have loved to see that poker match between Bond and Blofeld more than the torture scene. Also, there was more of Bond and Madeleine in the script and less of M and C.

@Creasy47 Yes, the MGM/UA guys tought the 007 vs 006 rivalry would be a selling point so they spoiled it on purpose.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Where is the announcement of the trailer???

RigidLinedGangesdolphin-small.gif

Shush!....It's supposed to be a surprise for tomorrow! ;)

PS: I'm hoping so...
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,474
    I've not followed this as closely as others have, but why are we expecting an announcement/trailer tomorrow exactly? Was it the Malek interview on Colbert?
    I've not followed this as closely as others have, but why are we expecting an announcement/trailer tomorrow exactly?

Can't remember...actually...I think there's no reason to think it's tomorrow except tomorrow is a week from the previous date it was reported to drop, last Wednesday.
  • Where is the announcement of the trailer???

Wow! I thought the trailer had to drop this week?!?

If it's coming this week, then it'll arrive Thursday at the latest. If we get nothing by then, it's likely it'll drop early next week in time for Gemini Man.

Based off the comments from @antovolk I think it's still coming this week. I'm feeling like Thursday is the day. I reckon Eon will drop some stills and a poster tomorrow to tease the big reveal on Thursday.

Wow! I thought the trailer had to drop this week?!?

If it's coming this week, then it'll arrive Thursday at the latest. If we get nothing by then, it's likely it'll drop early next week in time for Gemini Man.

Based off the comments from @antovolk I think it's still coming this week. I'm feeling like Thursday is the day. I reckon Eon will drop some stills and a poster tomorrow to tease the big reveal on Thursday.

That'd be cool. Wasn't the title revealed on a Wednesday, though?