NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• edited September 2019 Posts: 17,291
    I still hope it comes out this week.
    What do you mean you still hope?? The trailer is 100% coming this upcoming week. It would be the biggest scandal in the history of the franchise if it didn't, and Barbara Broccoli & co. know that.

Jeeeeez, calm down man!

(Just because of this I hope they wait a bit longer. Funny to see people lose their sh*t over nothing)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It would not be. We're the only ones expecting a trailer.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 6,677
    What do you mean you still hope?? The trailer is 100% coming this upcoming week. It would be the biggest scandal in the history of the franchise if it didn't, and Barbara Broccoli & co. know that.
    Jeeeeez, calm down man!
    Don't bother. Next thing you'll be told you're the one who needs to calm down. It's sort of a dynamic thing here. Doesn't go anywhere really. Trust me, I tried.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    It would not be. We're the only ones expecting a trailer.

Exactly. And now I do feel like @Torgeirtrap, a part of me wants this week to be trailer-free ;)
    We've got all the time in the world.
    Univex wrote: »
    Jeeeeez, calm down man!
    Don't bother.

Guess you're right. Some people are just prone to overreacting…
    Jeeeeez, calm down man!
    Don't bother.

And get you to overreact as well. Happened to me a couple of times here.

Hey, anyone thinks there can be some original composition by Romer for the trailer? I do hope they don't use the same old tunes as ever.
    Hey, anyone thinks there can be some original composition by Romer for the trailer? I do hope they don't use the same old tunes as ever.
    If they have balls, they will use BOOM SHOT DIS from the Jamaica video, or another Kully B hit.
  • I still hope it comes out this week.

Staying up late, eating cheese and watching Fox News makes you tetchy.

Just a friendly reminder that there has been zero confirmation of a trailer this week. Beyond our wishful thinking and @antovolk who is usually very accurate in his predictions. Otherwise, zilch.

There is a chance that it drops with Gemini Man on October 11 - which is probably a more comfortable fit. As it's a PG-13 action film.

There is even the more daunting prospect that it lands with Terminator: Dark Fate........if it came with this film, they'd still be within the same time-frame they were in for the release of the Skyfall teaser.
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,619
    There is a chance that it drops with Gemini Man on October 11 - which is probably a more comfortable fit. As it's a PG-13 action film.
    This is 2019. When they release the trailer online, they reach the whole planet instantly. The days of tying trailer releases to film releases are o-v-e-r.
    Jeeeeez, calm down man!
    Don't bother.

Indeed.

It's probably a coincidence and I might remember wrong, but wasn't Romer pictured a few weeks back at some party or something with Fukunaga or someone from the production? Maybe he's already started working on the score…?
    Jeeeeez, calm down man!
    Don't bother.

Indeed.

It's probably a coincidence and I might remember wrong, but wasn't Romer pictured a few weeks back at some party or something with Fukunaga or someone from the production? Maybe he's already started working on the score…?

I do hope so. A score that's aware of the tone of the film and even gets to fit the theme tune into its backbone is essentially better for it. I hope he's already working full speed on it. For the teaser and trailer, I'd love it if they'd use an original piece.

And yes, I recall someone saying Romer was at a party with Cary. But then again, I think they're close. Seems like everyone who works with Cary stays friends with him.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This is 2019. When they release the trailer online, they reach the whole planet instantly. The days of tying trailer releases to film releases are o-v-e-r.

Except for the fact that it still happens. Just look at Nolan's teaser trailer for Tenet. Trailers are still inherently attached to certain film releases, too, regardless of whether or not they're simultaneously released online/released a day or two prior.
  • James0065004301James0065004301 England
    edited September 2019 Posts: 12
    I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer hit in December, but October 5th or anytime in October sounds the best bet and makes the most sense. Did you know that Rami will be starting on another show before the other one ?
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Except for the fact that it still happens. Just look at Nolan's teaser trailer for Tenet. Trailers are still inherently attached to certain film releases, too, regardless of whether or not they're simultaneously released online/released a day or two prior.
    It still happens.... in Nolanland. Nolan is living in the 1950s.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

No-one knows for a fact what's gonna happen with the trailer as much as we can guess and debate. It'll come out when it comes out. Trying to address what may or may not be happening in the industry to try and find a reason for the trailer to come out is kinda pointless.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Nolan is the main man.
    Jeeeeez, calm down man!
    Don't bother.

Indeed.

I do hope so. A score that's aware of the tone of the film and even gets to fit the theme tune into its backbone is essentially better for it. I hope he's already working full speed on it. For the teaser and trailer, I'd love it if they'd use an original piece.

And yes, I recall someone saying Romer was at a party with Cary. But then again, I think they're close. Seems like everyone who works with Cary stays friends with him.

I sure hope we get a score that makes good use of the theme tune this time around – and hopefully Romer has already started – if not working on the score – at least throwing around ideas and potential tunes for it. Maybe some of that even find its way to the trailer.

Yes, seem to remember reading Romer and Fukunaga are close. Hopefully that will have a positive impact on the film!

Strange seeing any criticism from you towards Nolan…
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2019 Posts: 5,869

@Torgeirtrap Whatever suits the argument I guess :/
    Denbigh wrote: »

@Torgeirtrap Whatever suits the argument I guess :/

True.
    _______

I wonder if Fukunaga is likely to tease something re. a trailer on social media before the release. Didn't he share an Instagram Story with the release of the behind the scenes clip from Jamaica?
  • There's going to be a trailer this week.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    There's going to be a trailer this week.
    What makes you so sure? I mean, I think there definitely will be, but stranger things have happened before in this production.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    What makes you so sure? I mean, I think there definitely will be, but stranger things have happened before in this production.
    I just know.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    jake24 wrote: »
    I just know.

Trust him, he just knows.
    I just know.

How can you be certain? Apart from what we already know with the trailer coming, what makes this certain.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    MI6 Community:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5794186

Eon:
    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a711743a9ec503ded0de863244fbd90d5c92975b0&rid=giphy.gif
    edited September 2019 Posts: 12
    EON is watching ?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I just know.

How can you be certain? Apart from what we already know with the trailer coming, what makes this certain.

It’s a joke from a long time ago.
  • HMBFF wrote: »
    MI6 Community:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5794186

Eon:
    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a711743a9ec503ded0de863244fbd90d5c92975b0&rid=giphy.gif
    that seems pretty accurate at this point
  • edited September 2019 Posts: 4,400

I couldn’t agree with you more. I think this whole ‘attached’ marlarky is antiquated and shows Hollywood is too entrenched in its traditional methods. Hence why Netflix and other streamers have changed the Hollywood system, leaving the studios in their wake.

However……………………… @antovolk is right. The clear pattern from every studio is that trailer get ‘attached’ to other films. This dictates their release to the public – whether it be in theatres or on online. So whether we agree with these old school methods, the best way of figuring our whether a trailer will be released is to look at films opening nearby. This week is huge for trailers. We have:
    • The King’s Man (already online)
    • 6 Underground (tomorrow)
    • Birds of Prey (coming but not announced)
    • Kong v Godzilla (rumoured and not announced)
    • 1917 (Thursday)

So that perhaps leaves NTTD with a possible Wednesday launch? Bond will want a day to itself. Time is running out before Thursday night to ensure that…………
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    If you look back at the posts on this thread, you will see I have done nothing wrong. The company is filled with corruption and they remove peoples post to cover up them doing wrong, banning people who they think they know. I have never joined this forum before. My first time was yesterday and I even chatted with MI6 members without any problems. Next day, im banned ? ?

Just to let you know. I will be publishing this to the media about my experience with this as i have been wrongly banned.

Best of luck, I hear they are going mad trying to get their hands on stories like this one. People love reading about it.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just to make it clear, this is a member who was banned in the past and thought rejoining and raising hell with even more accounts in the past 24 hours was a good idea. If he stumbles upon this comment when inevitably trying to join once more, now he'll know why (even though it was beyond obvious).