Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I, too, would love to see Benedict in the role. Then again, I've seen so many other fan opinions on who should play him, and there are a lot of interesting ideas out there. A big one I've seen floating around is Mads Mikkelsen. I think that would be something interesting.
    If he grows the proper facial hair he'd be perfect.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-_HEVHQuLLtU/UyG5DFqenwI/AAAAAAAA0a8/PHdV9lnuNU0/w500/strange.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can definitely see it in that image. Yeah, Benedict would be perfect.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Better than Depp who was rumoured before, but not perfect.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    When i see that picture of Tom Hardy, i think about Keanu Reeves mabey be a good choose.
    I wasn't sure where to put this, but even though 'Edge of Tomorrow' is faltering in the domestic market, it's doing very well in international markets, and it's made $140 million total as of Saturday. I really hope it recoups its budget so it might earn a sequel. I still need to see this.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/sacha-baron-cohen-grimsby-ian-mcshane/

How come I havent' heard of this before ? A spy spoof by Sascha Baron Cohen ? Yes please.

When is this supposed to come out ?

Cohen is really talented and underrated actor who is really funny and who knows how to act properly if he is cast in a serious role.

On a side not you know what would I like to see ? An Oscar contender movie starring Johnny Depp and Sascha Baron Cohen. The director can be anyone but Fincher would be amazing. (yes I know I'm dreaming)
    So I looked Cohen's IMDb page and I found out that Grimsby will come out in 2015 (What a year for movies)

I also found out that if everything ends up right in 2016 we will get.... Johnny Depp and Sascha Baron Cohen in a same movie !! Whaaaaaaaaa...this is soo freaky...It will apparently be an adventure comedy directed by the director of the Muppets, but I loved the humour in both Muppets movies so this should be gooood
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,935
    dragonsky wrote:
    So I looked Cohen's IMDb page and I found out that Grimsby will come out in 2015 (What a year for movies)
    Wow, I heard about this ages ago, and completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder, @dragonsky!
    dragonsky wrote:
    I also found out that if everything ends up right in 2016 we will get.... Johnny Depp and Sascha Baron Cohen in a same movie !! Whaaaaaaaaa...this is soo freaky...
    Cool! Helena Bonham Carter's also in it. Bonham Carter, Cohen and Depp were all in Sweeney Todd
    (a must-see film), so it will be a reunion of sorts.
    'Dumb and Dumber To' trailer:

Creasy47 wrote:
    :)) the first and last gags were awesome!
    I'm surprised the last bit of the trailer was approved by the MPAA for a green-band trailer. I feel like the film has come too late, just seems like another sequel nobody truly asked for, but we got it, anyway.
    It looks too crude, almost like the writers are trying too hard to make it funny. The first was goofy but the material suited the actors. Here it seems like both are above the fairly puerile comedy. I'll probably go and see it though as I love the original.

Here's a trailer for the first one:

edited June 2014 Posts: 40,473
    I'm sure I'll see it at some point, I just don't know what I was expecting from the trailer. There is some hidden comedy in there, real subtle like 'The Naked Gun' films, like when he says 'I love what you've done with the place,' even though the apartment doesn't look any different at all. That, and I'm sure there was a lot they couldn't show us because it's a green-band trailer for an R-rated film, but if they managed to get away with that gag at the end of it, I'm interested in seeing what else they have in store for us...just as long as it isn't more crude sex jokes, I'm just tired of films relying on those to be "funny."

EDIT: 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For' trailer #2 is online:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dumb And Dumber To makes A Million Ways To Die In The West look tasteful and intelligent. Come to think of it, it makes Movie 43 look good by comparison.
    I just saw the trailer and .... well..

Hey Jim Carrey it's me Reality look I know you want to be a big name at the box office and have hits again but this isn't the way to do it ok. just...stop making bad films please.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dame to Kill For looks visually amazing, and I'll check it out for Eva alone. She's the Lauren Bacall of her generation, the perfect femme fatale.
    She's the Lauren Bacall of her generation
    Hmmm, I guess that makes me Bogie :-? ;)
    QBranch wrote:

Are you seriously bogarting my woman right now? That can't stand.
    Paddington Bear trailer!

That bathtub thing was a bit over the top, but the rest looks funnier than I thought!

• edited June 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Some images from Jurassic World, courtesy of Empire mag:

82782.jpg

82784.jpg

82783.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    BAIN123 wrote:
    It looks too crude, almost like the writers are trying too hard to make it funny. The first was goofy but the material suited the actors. Here it seems like both are above the fairly puerile comedy. I'll probably go and see it though as I love the original.

Yeah, I agree. It doesnt really feel consistent with the original film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will definitely see Dumb and Dumber To. Not many good comedies around these days.
    I very seldom laugh, but Carrey tickles those muscles. Good to see him in a funny role again. He has been gone too long.
  • Is it me or is Chris Pratt - the only person to take over as Indiana Jones role. See Galaxy - he's channeling Hans Solo isn't he?

The Last Ship - file in it's so bad, it's actually quite good.

Creasy47 wrote:

Superb! =))
    Some images from Jurassic World, courtesy of Empire mag:

82782.jpg

82784.jpg

82783.jpg

Cool! I wonder what creatures new and old will feature in the 4th outing? :D
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,443
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/32514/dreamworks-animation-sets-2017-2018-films

Dreamworks/Fox finaly confirmd Madagascar 4 for May-June 2018. Also there confirmd a Puss in Boots 2 for November/December 2018.

2018 is late for both movies, but in between there release The Penguins of Madagascar who release earlier then expect. But stil it is 4 years from now and it take 6 years to make Puss in Boots 2 who first movie whas released in 2012. Mabey it mean we get Shrek 5 in between who be confirmd a couple of weaks a go or it have something to do with the fact we also get Kung Fu Panda 3 next year and totaly already get a lot of movies. Fox also have there not Dreamworks releated Ice Age 5 for 2016 and Croods 2 for 2017.

About there complain that Dreamworks Turbo not be hit, iam not suprised with how Fox and before Paramount/Univesal some of them DVD/BD released with disapointed count of bonus material and the prices there ask and inspecialy for 3D versions. Also there should do something about there avaible problem.
    82783.jpg
    Howard looks sooo much like Dr. Crusher from Next Gen!

http://static02.mediaite.com/themarysue/uploads/gallery/recasting-star-trek-tng/4crusher.jpg
    QBranch wrote:
    Are you seriously bogarting my woman right now? That can't stand.
    And what is the penalty for that?

;)
    Is it me or is Chris Pratt - the only person to take over as Indiana Jones role. See Galaxy - he's channeling Hans Solo isn't he?
    I think that more than anything is what attracts me so much to the GotG trailers.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Jurrassic World looks intriguing. Could it be the surprise hit of next year?
  • Samuel001 wrote:

I'll only watch it if they have a scene like this, i want realism in the new film:

Samuel001 wrote:
    It´s just a gut feeling, but I dare say it´s going to be better at least than JP3.