Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I just read more reviews, it's just sexual innuendos intertwined with poop jokes and more sex jokes. Definitely not for me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    In that case, i'll be using the fast forward button.
    @MajorDSmythe, yeah, I'll catch it on Redbox, but that's it for me. Not spending more than $1.50 for this trash.

Speaking of Neeson, here's the trailer for his latest film, 'A Walk Among The Tombstones':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118879#/slide/1
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @OHMSS69, are you talking about 'A Million Ways To Die In The West'? Yeah, it looks like trash. Seems to be full of some random sex puns and a lot of dull comedy.
    I knew that film would suck the moment I saw the trailer. It's one of those films where you can tell all the "best" jokes are in the trailers, leaving the film to be even more of a drag since you feel like you've seen it all before. It gave me a few chuckles but where have the days of intellectual, sophisticated and clever comedy gone? Out has gone Mel Brooks and George Carlin and in their place we have poop, sex and fart jokes. What a world.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,500
    Just like 'Bad Grandpa': all the "good" parts were in the trailers. Sadly, that's how the movie world is now. Disgusting.

EDIT: Did you want a 'Cliffhanger' reboot? No? Too bad:

http://bit.ly/1rlLXoG
    I liked Bad Grandpa.

People you should learn that you shouldn't watch trailers in this age..
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,500
    dragonsky wrote:
    I liked Bad Grandpa.

So I should blindly spend $7-10 to go see a movie when I know nothing about how it looks? No thank you.

Also, I don't believe the only problem that 'Bad Grandpa' had was showing all the "funny parts" in the trailers. It was just a terrible movie.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    dragonsky wrote:
    I liked Bad Grandpa.

So I should blindly spend $7-10 to go see a movie when I know nothing about how it looks? No thank you.

Also, I don't believe the only problem that 'Bad Grandpa' had was showing all the "funny parts" in the trailers. It was just a terrible movie.

If there's nothing that interests you about a movie don't see it.

I actually thought that Bad Grandpa was a funny "movie" ( I put it in " ", because it was more of a sketch show but still I laughed :/ ) :)
    I saw it because the Jackass crew hasn't let me down before, but there was something about 'Bad Grandpa' that wasn't fun or funny to me. If a plot or cast or director interests me for a film, of course I want to see some footage. It's usually a good showcase of what to expect: will the comedy be funny or annoying (case in point: 'A Million Ways To Die In The West') or will the action be unique or generic and poorly edited?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    dragonsky wrote:
    I liked Bad Grandpa.

Plus, sometimes trailers/spoilers are literally unavoidable. I've had to sit through parts of a trailer when they appeared in front of a YouTube video and I couldn't skip it. In addition, I wish I had a penny for every time I simply clicked the Yahoo homepage to check my mail and I was instantly fed an unavoidable spoiler for a movie, show or book I was excited about experiencing in a big bolded headline.
    For some reason, my brain always wants to go to Yahoo. It's my main location for e-mail, but damn, the front page almost always seems to give away some huge spoiler for a brand new series finale or the hottest new film that just released. If you want to avoid trailers and spoilers, you have to avoid a computer, your phone, television, all of it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    For some reason, my brain always wants to go to Yahoo. It's my main location for e-mail, but damn, the front page almost always seems to give away some huge spoiler for a brand new series finale or the hottest new film that just released. If you want to avoid trailers and spoilers, you have to avoid a computer, your phone, television, all of it.

The only reason I still have Yahoo is for my personal e-mail, which isn't even that great either since they revamped it all. Yuck.
    Here's some more reboot news: Roland Emmerich will direct a 'Stargate' reboot, the first in a planned trilogy:

http://bit.ly/TY85a2
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Here's some more reboot news: Roland Emmerich will direct a 'Stargate' reboot, the first in a planned trilogy:

http://bit.ly/TY85a2

I really enjoyed the original film. Very surprised they did not do a follow up sooner? Not sure if a reboot is needed? Just make the next film with new characters and have the originals team if needed in a cameo role.
    Apparently, the Cliffhanger reboot is back on track too.

Yeah, I posted that towards the top of the page, because the world is dying for a 'Cliffhanger' reboot, obviously. We crave it more than food and water.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Yeah, I posted that towards the top of the page, because the world is dying for a 'Cliffhanger' reboot, obviously. We crave it more than food and water.

I clearly paid so much attention to your post @Creasy47. ;-)
    Creasy47 wrote:

I am on the edge of my seat waiting to find out???!!! ;)
    Creasy47 wrote:

I clearly paid so much attention to your post @Creasy47. ;-)

I thought you might ;-) don't worry, I edit posts with miscellaneous film links all the time and they usually go unnoticed. No worries!
    While we were talking about "Millions Way to die in the west" I forgot to ask, was I the only one who hated "Ted" ? Like I seriously have no idea why many people thought it was funny...I definitely have a different sense of humour because for example I hated Hangover 1 and I thought the 3rd one was funny
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Standing (or should that be sitting) in for Dr K, this week was James King, who, reviewed A Million Ways To Die In The West...

So I was right, knob jokes galore. I'll wait for the DVD, and even then, it won't be for the film itself.
    Standing (or should that be sitting) in for Dr K, this week was James King, who, reviewed A Million Ways To Die In The West...

So I was right, knob jokes galore. I'll wait for the DVD, and even then, it won't be for the film itself.

As soon as I heard Edith Bowman's voice, I switched off. If it isn't Simon and the Good Doctor, I'm not interested.
    I read a hilarious and idiotic opinion over on IMDB for this film, where someone said they are giving up on comedy because they're countlessly let down with comedy films, stating 'First 'The Hangover 3' and now this!' I'm sorry, but if you go into either thinking they're going to be comedy gold, your expectations are seriously misaligned. The ONLY reason I want to see this movie is for a certain special cameo, which even then, I hear is terrible.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I read a hilarious and idiotic opinion over on IMDB for this film, where someone said they are giving up on comedy because they're countlessly let down with comedy films, stating 'First 'The Hangover 3' and now this!' I'm sorry, but if you go into either thinking they're going to be comedy gold, your expectations are seriously misaligned. The ONLY reason I want to see this movie is for a certain special cameo, which even then, I hear is terrible.

Who's the cameo by?
    It's Jamie Foxx as Django from 'Django Unchained.' He's playing a carnival game called 'Slave Runner,' and he shoots the white man that's operating the game. I hear he's also at the end of the credits, talking about getting himself a white woman or something like that. Sounds terribly done, but if it's an excuse to see Jamie as Django again, I'm all for it.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    dragonsky wrote:
    While we were talking about "Millions Way to die in the west" I forgot to ask, was I the only one who hated "Ted" ? Like I seriously have no idea why many people thought it was funny...I definitely have a different sense of humour because for example I hated Hangover 1 and I thought the 3rd one was funny

I only made it about 10 minutes into Ted before deciding to find something better to watch. Its not that I hated it, it was just evident after only 10 minutes that it was not going to be worth my time.

As for the Hangover flicks, I enjoyed all three.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    You'll pay the price of a cinema ticket to see some lame ass cameo?

Just watch Django Unchained again.

You certainly have more money to throw around than me, I have to pick my trips to the cinema carefully with the price of tickets these days, thankfully X-men was worth it although Two Faces of January despite it's pedigree wasn't as good as I was expecting.

It will be Dawn of The Planet of the Apes for me next and I'd agree with anyone giving up on American comedies they are all pretty dreadful, I just can't relate to comedy films these days, maybe it's my age and that film just looks complete dross.
    @Shardlake, you've obviously ignored and disregarded every single comment of mine regarding this film, except for my latest one: this film looks awful. Real awful. The trailers show it and the reviews show it. I don't have more money to throw around than you, and as I've said before, I've seen two films in cinemas this year because I, too, pick my trips very carefully due to the price. I'm in the same boat as you. My comments on the cameo (which I put in a spoiler tag, as you should do, in case anyone does want to see this) state that I'll see it at some point because of that cameo (unless the cameo is released on YT, which obviously I will just watch it there). If it isn't, then I'll rent it on Redbox for $1.20-ish.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I apologise if I went on your most recent comment, I caught the trailer at X-men on Monday and thought it looked rubbish, sorry I took your post out of context.
    No worries, my apologies. I think by the time 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is out, I'll have seen four films this entire year. It's just too much money to go and see everything that looks remotely entertaining in theaters.