BondCapCon - No Friggin in the Riggin...Part Deux

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Michael: "Roger, if one more bloke spats at me and calls this bloody thing a "dress", I swear I'll flip the trolley."

Roger: "Oh, just tell them to bag their pipes and move along..."
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    double-arnaque-1991-02-g.jpg

da bump! Judging in about 24 hours ... more entries, please!
    There has to be a few more puns out there for this lovely pic. ;)

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    "I just hope no one asks where we've stuck the mop handles"
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    "I say, this OHMSS re-enactment thingy is taking its toll!"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    saunders wrote:
    "I just hope no one asks where we've stuck the mop handles"

Oh man, that is hilarious! :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BUMP
    edited May 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Ah, yes judging in about 10 hours (or less). Get your last entries in, please! ;)

double-arnaque-1991-02-g.jpg
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28,694
    In the clinch of a deadly sports match at the Scottish highlands games, Michael Caine, Roger Moore and their team were in the thick of it, down by one with just minutes left in the match. When all hope was lost, Michael walked forth, and commanded the group:

Michael: "Sportsmen of Scotland, I am Michael Caine."

The team: "Michael Caine isn't Scottish!"

Michael: "Yes, I've heard. Scores points by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd demolish the other team with fireballs the size of tangerines from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse."

[team laughs]

Michael: "I am Michael Caine! And I see a whole team of my fellow sportsmen, here in a fight to win this match. You've come to compete here as talented men...and talented men you are. What will you do with that talent? Will you compete?"

Team members: "Compete? Against that [points to the large opposing team]? No! We will forfeit. And we will live."

Michael: "Aye, compete and you may die. Forfeit, and you'll live...at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for once chance, just once chance, to come back here and tell that team that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR TALENT!"

[Team cheers loudly in unison]
    Allrrrrrrrrrrighty then! (that was my Scots burr ...)

Time for judging. Thanks very much to all for making me laugh and see this photo in several different ways. ;) I thought you had some great puns, gents.

3rd Place - 0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 with:
    Michael: "Roger, if one more bloke spats at me and calls this bloody thing a "dress", I swear I'll flip the trolley."
    (I could really picture them saying this to each other)

2nd Place - Mrcoggins with:
    Licence to kilt part two (so succinct and suitable)

And the winner this round - Dragonpol with:
    (Perfect; cracked me up)

Thanks again, and over to @Dragonpol for the next pic ...
    Allrrrrrrrrrrighty then! (that was my Scots burr ...)

Time for judging. Thanks very much to all for making me laugh and see this photo in several different ways. ;) I thought you had some great puns, gents.

3rd Place - 0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 with:
    (I could really picture them saying this to each other)

2nd Place - Mrcoggins with:
    Licence to kilt part two (so succinct and suitable)

And the winner this round - Dragonpol with:
    (Perfect; cracked me up)

Thanks again, and over to @Dragonpol for the next pic ...

Oh, wow! Thanks so much, @4EverBonded I never expected the win as it was the first time that I entered. I'll go and get a picture from somewhere and get back to you all!
    Could we please get a new photo, @Dragonpol?
    Could we please get a new photo, @Dragonpol?

Yes, I'll have to get one uploaded today.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 17,844
    OK, here's my photo. I'm new to this game so I hope that this photo fits the bill. I will judge the best entries:

roger-moore-coffee.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,998
    Holly Goodhead: "James, do you think Jaws and Dolly made it back to Earth safely?"

Bond: "Oh, I'm sure their re-entry was a *blast*. Now, here's to us!"
    EDIT: hey- you changed the photo! What was wrong with the other one? I suppose this one can still work with my caption.

roger-moore-coffee.jpg[/quote]

Oh my goodness, that is Roger, isn't it??

Ok, here is mine:

Roger Moore recently revealed what helped him create his Bond, his own take on this iconic character. He even had an old photo to help him reminisce ...
    While in rehearsal for (but not yet filming) Live and Let Die, Roger Moore kept his beard and mustache as long as possible, just to annoy his producers in a friendly way. But it became a running gag, especially during the morning coffee break. Jane Seymour was, however, not amused. This caused Cubby to come up with some real zinger beard and Solitaire jokes - one of which one day made Roger spill the java onto his bare feet, causing him to squeal in pain and slip like on a banana peel, the cigar flying out of his hand and landing to burn a hole in his previously spotless white trousers. Surveying the mess as Roger tried to get up and slipped again, Cubby said, "Well, Rog, if being Bond is going to be in the cards for you, you gotta work on two things: staying unflappable and being more, er, suave."
    Roger subconsciously took that advice to heart as he responded, "This never happened to the other fella" - then raised an eyebrow - and a legendary Bond was born. He never appeared unflappable, anything but suave, or without a raised eyebrow in any Bond film from that moment on. (But he did switch to drinking tea.)
    QBranch wrote:
    Holly Goodhead: "James, do you think Jaws and Dolly made it back to Earth safely?"

Bond: "Oh, I'm sure their re-entry was a blast. Now, here's to us!"
    EDIT: hey- you changed the photo! What was wrong with the other one? I suppose this one can still work with my caption.

Sorry. I will consider your reply for the old photo, then. I didn't think that anyone had saw the old photo. As I say, I'm new to this game. Apologies, Dragonpol.
    @Dragonpol Hey, it's cool. No biggie. ;) This photo is just as good!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Moore: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

OR

Moore: "HA! I am literally pouring straight whiskey into this."
    edited May 2013 Posts: 28,694
    *A mysterious figure appears in Roger's kitchen wrapped in a majestic cloak*

Figure: "Roger, I am you from the far future, and I bear important news regarding your career."

Roger [speaking to the figure]: "Import news you say? Well sit yourself down, old chap. I've just put on a brew."

Figure: "This news really can't wait, Roger. I mean me. And I'll pass on that coffee; it makes me all jittery. You give it up in the 90s anyway, it really is for the best."

Roger: "Me giving up coffee? You're a right silly joker, aren't you?"

Figure: "Keep yourself focused, man! I have come to warn you about your future Bond career. You will overstay your welcome in the series and exit the role of 007 in a nosedive at the overly ripened age of 57. Your last film will be considered one of the franchise's worst, and to be frank your stunt double will have more screen time than you shall."

Roger: "Very funny. Next you'll tell me Sean will return in an unofficial Bond film and I will stay on as Bond in order to compete with his movie at the box office."

Figure: "Yes, that happens too."

Roger: "Hahahahaha! Seriously, who is pulling my leg here?! You know, you are right about one thing my caped comrade: I need to stop drinking this damn coffee; it's making me see mirages. Hahahahaha!"
    Roger: Why yes, do like a little coffee with my Jameson's! But just a drop.
    Gotta be careful. I plan on kicking butt as Bond for many decades to come. A little Jameson's every morning is just the thing - gets the motor running nice and smooth; but gotta keep that sneaky caffeine under control. Care to join me?
    edited May 2013 Posts: 17,844
    QBranch wrote:
    @Dragonpol Hey, it's cool. No biggie. ;) This photo is just as good!

Good. Sorry again about that! I thought maybe my first photo was a bit too famous, hence my change of photo.
    *Roger appears in a coffee commercial across the pond in America*

"The best part of waking up is Sir Roger in your cup!"
    "...and all of a sudden the teaspoon flipped right off his saucer and onto my watch. The look on M's face... You had to be there!"
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    "The names Pour, Roger Pour"
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited May 2013 Posts: 2,044
    Every morning Roger asks his dear wife:

"Darling, do you want some more coffee or do you want Moore in coffee? " And then he laughs.
    Dear @Dragonpol, my cuppa Joe is growing cold ...!

Let's bump this thread and get it judged after, hopefully, a few more entries!

Roger looks good, actually, and is certainly having a good time here.

I'll wait another day or so to see if there are any other new entries and then judging will commence in this case.

Is this OK with everyone? It's just I'm new to all of this!
    Mathis: "I have pills for everything. Some make you taller..."

Roger: "Thanks Mathis, actually I just took half of one. Right now I feel taller than Daniel Craig!"
    That's okay, @dragonpol. :) It would usually be up a full week, but we need more entries for this one, I think.

Thanks!
    That's okay, @dragonpol. :) It would usually be up a full week, but we need more entries for this one, I think.

Thanks!

OK, we'll let this one roll for another week and see how things go then. Seems this photo was a toughie!