So you want to start a new Elimination game?

Comments

I see. Well, it sounds ok to me. :)>-
    Yep,it didnt last long the last time,very popular.
    Anyway time will tell,whenever we get the chance to play it.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I was thinking of a 'Bond poster' elimination game.
    Might be fun. Was there a list somewhere of the games ideas mentioned thus far?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Further back, but some more have been added since then, like the hair elimination game.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,896
    Benny wrote:
    Might be fun.
    The thing is, some, or most of the films have more than one poster design. I do like the idea though. Perhaps we could first vote which poster will represent each film in the main game. ;)
    TB, YOLT, OHMSS, FYEO, OP and TLD are the best posters. :-bd
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    For me it would be DN, LALD, FYEO, OP and AVTAK.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    QBranch wrote:
    Benny wrote:
    Might be fun.
    The thing is, some, or most of the films have more than one poster design. I do like the idea though. Perhaps we could first vote which poster will represent each film in the main game. ;)

Doesn't each Bond film have a main poster though? There are countless teaser posters, and different posters for certain regions. But they could be the US/UK release main poster.
    No?

@Benny I have no idea where you'd find out that info. Perhaps someone here knows.
    As far as i know,depending when the film came out ,it was either one main poster for both or one for the UK and one for the US,as the main ones.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Okay folks, here they are: some rules. I have copied them in the first post of this thread too.

MI6Community Elimination Games Forum Rules

1) General rules

1.1 Only two games shall be kept active at any time.

To make sure that no confusion arises after the final vote in an active game is given, a moderator will give the green light for a next game in the So you want to start a new Elimination game? thread.

1.2 Every member gets to vote only once per day and per game. A member shall always type the day of voting before the list. E.g. "Monday vote".

Childish behaviour, including using multiple accounts or voting more than once per day, will soon cause the offender to be expelled from the game and possibly from all games now and in the future. Note: having multiple accounts is a general violation of this forum's rules and will result in a permanent ban.

1.3 A single vote means both a +1 and -1 operation on the elimination list.

In time, this may change for a game. See below (3.1) for more on this subject.

2) How to avoid incorrect votes and what to do in case of incorrect votes

2.1 If a member feels like voting, he or she shall post "working on it" or something similar. The member can then edit this post, paste the most recent list in it and vote. This way, the member is ensured that his or her vote fits voting continuity.

2.2 It is preferable that the game's host corrects incorrect votes, but of course he or she can't be around all the time. We must urge all members to only correct votes on the basis of mathematical errors. If you assume that another member has voted using a duplicate account, please flag but don't randomly ignore or delete a given vote. The latter will mess up the continuity of voting.

In case voting gets out of hand, please flag or contact a mod via PM. A game may be temporarily frozen while things are investigated.

3) Cutting Vote Totals

3.1 In the final stage of a game, when only a few contestants are left, games tend to drag on endlessly and with more irritation among members who'd like to see the thing come to an end fast. In order to prevent random action that causes more friction amongst participating members, a moderator may decide to cut the vote totals in half, or to reset them to their original numbers.

If you feel that such a cut is needed, please PM a moderator.

4) How to decide which game is played next

4.1 Following the example of the Friday Salute thread, when a new game has to be chosen, a quick survey will be held in the So you want to start a new Elimination game? thread. The game that gets chosen the most, can then be hosted by the person who suggested it first.

Please let us all be mature about this. If your game doesn't get played now, it may get played next time. Also, if no agreement can be reached, a moderator will make the call.

5) Final comments

Remember: it's only a game. Let's not waste too much anger or energy on it. Members who fail to play these games by the rules, make a bit of a fool of themselves. Also, the fun should be in playing and seeing which actor or film or car or ... wins, not in hosting the game. So when the survey is held, please help to build a majority fast. Everyone will get their turn. As with the Friday Salute thread, we try to give all participating members a chance at hosting a game.

Thank you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice write-up, @Dimi. I agree with it all.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,506
    jobo wrote:
    How does it work? What is a "villain weapon"?

A third nipple! :O
    Further back, but some more have been added since then, like the hair elimination game.

Did Connery win that one?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:

Did Connery win that one?

We'd have to nominate him several times for all the different toupées he wore. It's not really fair to the other contestants, though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,454
    I really like that 'Bond Villain Weapon Elimination Game' idea. I'm all for playing that, it could be fun.
    So is my "Great Bond Actor Elements Game" still next up in the running, or did people forget about it?
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9339/the-great-bond-actor-elements-game#Item_16
    We can do it. I've only offered getting the basic ones out of the way first before moving on to ones that are a bit more complex, just so we could tackle all the main categories, but if everyone else wants to go ahead with this game next, then by all means.
    @Dimi outlined in his rules that members will vote for the game they wish to play next once another has come to a close. In short, all will be decided with a democratic majority vote.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,500
    But honestly it's about time we make a proper list of all the games that are being suggested!:

Suggested Elimination Games

Great Bond Actor Elements Game
    007 Villain Weapon Elimination Game
    'Bond Poster' Elimination Game
    The Hair Elimination Game

From now on, if you have an idea, copy this list and write it in (for the love of god...). If you want to add your name to your idea, feel free to do so. A grown up system for grown up people!
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,896
    haha I'm sure the hair elimination game won't genuinely be considered. However, if it were to be included, I'd be surprised if Pierce didn't win that one based on his TND hair alone. ;)
    I expect @Thunderfinger's suggestion was completely sincere, as I do with all his posts. He's not exactly likely to joke around, is he?
    Oh yes, I forgot it was @Thunderfinger who suggested it. That guy needs to lighten up. Seriously.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 45,489
    @Dimi outlined in his rules that members will vote for the game they wish to play next once another has come to a close. In short, all will be decided with a democratic majority vote.
    But here is my suggestion. Instead of voting, we will decide it with an elimination game. Every option starts at 100 points or so to please everyone.
    But here is my suggestion. Instead of voting, we will decide it with an elimination game. Every option starts at 100 points or so to please everyone.
    (+1)
    (-1)

(We are now voting on my suggestion. It is a tie at the moment. Should I cut the score?)
    I think the scores are incorrect. Please go back and check.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 45,489
    I will work out three new elimination games to decide
    A if we should decide these things with elimination games
    B if I should go back and check
    C if the scores are correct or not

(-1)
    (+1)
    (-1)

Will check the progress tomorrow and cut the scores.

All kidding aside, I like the rules, but do not support cutting scores by 50 per cent. I have explained it before, and may I again suggest a +1/-2 vote implemented if/when a definitive stalemate is reached?
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,500
    I think this is the right time to suggest my Spam Elimination Game. In this game every spammer starts with one point each, and we are only allowed to give minus votes. Anyone up for the idea? ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    We're going to wait until the current games are over and then we kick this new system into gears. :-)
    jobo wrote:
    I think this is the right time to suggest my Spam Elimination Game. In this game every spammer starts with one point each, and we are only allowed to give minus votes. Anyone up for the idea? ;)

I like your style. I do. And each spammer that loses has any computer or mobile device they access blocked from this site!