So you want to start a new Elimination game?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    We will always remember. Better than The Godfather.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    If were going to have a MI6 Member elimination. We should go by Battle Royale rules. ;)
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 2,189
    I want to formally enter my idea for a game into this thread which controls elimination games. I started the game here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9339/the-great-bond-actor-elements-game#Item_15
    but I'll just give a brief overview here.

The object is to classify each of the 6 Bond actors as being either the Coolest, the Sexiest, the Smartest, the Classiest, the Toughest, or the Handsomest. It will work by having each actor start out with the same number of points in each category, and it will be the job of the voters to subtract one point from each element, and add one point to each element for different actors on each turn. Once an actor reaches a pre-set number of points in one element, he will have won that element, and the score there will be locked-in. So lets say that Sean is the first one to reach a maximum score in the 'Tough' element. What that would mean is that in consecutive votes, players could no longer add to any of Sean's elements because each actor may only control one element, thus the reason that there is one for each actor. Voters could only subtract from Sean's non-Tough points and add them to other actors non-Tough elements because they will all have lost the Tough element and must vie for another.

I realize that it's complicated but I'm eager to give it a go, and as soon as one of the other elimination games finishes, (if they ever do) I hope that this game is given serious consideration to be next.
    So did anyone have any input on this game?
    Here is my suggestion for the next elimination games:

Give everyone a +1/-2 vote every day. The two negative votes can be given to one option, or one minus vote to two options as you prefer. This way there will never be a stalemate, no arguments, no need for reducing points, no need to declare a tie or increase the vote, no nothing. Completion and satisfaction guaranteed.

They should start with more than 10 points in this case, just to make it last a while.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,471
    @sirseanisbond, I think that idea is unique and certainly adds a little spice to things. I like it, and if it's explained well enough, I think it would be a great idea! Of course, these games can be endless, with soundtrack eliminations, Bond girl eliminations, henchmen eliminations, finale eliminations, PTS eliminations, etc.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    So the film elimination has now finished. So I suppose discussion for the next game, and for the rules and regulations thereof, will now commence?

Also, can we use this thread to display the winners of each category?
    How about a best 2nd, third and 4th string Bond girl game. ie eliminate the lead
    Bond-girl love interest from each film and rank the rest. I could put the list together, ie a list of all the other girls that had brief but memorable appearances. I might even not include very strong #2s or co #1's such as Richards and Marceau from TWINE.
    I think we should go through the basics first before spicing it up too much. We've done best film and best villain, why not do best Bond girl, best theme song, best finale, best ally, etc. Just make a list of some select few, and though it'll take away to tread through, it'll be some good fun, and should set up different games around the time B24 is filming.
  • Best Bond girl would seem like the next logical choice. It doesn't seem right to start messing with the formula yet, there's still plenty of games and plenty of time until Bond 24.
    Best Bond girl would seem like the next logical choice. It doesn't seem right to start messing with the formula yet, there's still plenty of games and plenty of time until Bond 24.

Agreed, I say we keep it simplistic and cover the basics before we change up the formula too much. We have a lot of topics we could cover, and really, there's no rush. Let's just continuously set them up once one elimination game finishes and have fun.
    Agree with you guys. A straight forward "Best Bond Girl" should be next.
    Agreed with all of the above.
    Best bond girl, next will be good
    It seems that Best Bond Girl Elimination will be next. I messaged Dimi asking for the go ahead to create it, so as soon as he replies, I'll start it up.
    Bond Girl Elimination Game sounds like a good idea to me. Gonna call it now and say Jinx is 23 and Tracy is 1 :P
    i tried to start a best bond game I figure igt would be better to do Games then novel etc.
    FoxRox wrote:
    Bond Girl Elimination Game sounds like a good idea to me. Gonna call it now and say Jinx is 23 and Tracy is 1 :P

Imagine if it ended up being the other way around. ;-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Have a Battle of the Bonds game ready to go. :)
    I really would like the Best Bond Girl game to be next! Someone make it happen!
    JennyFlex wrote:
    I really would like the Best Bond Girl game to be next! Someone make it happen!

Waiting on word from a mod to get the go-ahead to start it and it'll be up! Hopefully I can post it by tonight.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think we should go through the basics first before spicing it up too much. We've done best film and best villain, why not do best Bond girl, best theme song, best finale, best ally, etc. Just make a list of some select few, and though it'll take away to tread through, it'll be some good fun, and should set up different games around the time B24 is filming.
    I only suggested something spicier because the best Bond-girl was done at least twice in the past. I can tell you in advance that Domino cleans up. I had over 3000 post on the old site. Some of us Mi6 oldtimers have seen plenty of these games before. ;)

@timmer, then we should be taking suggestions from you. ;-)

Then again, with us new lot in here, it could be interesting to see how the game turns out now. It seems that most want a Bond Girl Elimination Game, so perhaps we should try that one next and see how it turns out this time.
    I'd really like to formally submit my idea for a game now that the film elimination is over. Here's a link to my game:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9339/the-great-bond-actor-elements-game#Item_16

The idea is to categorize each Bond actor as either the coolest or the smartest or the sexiest, and so on. There are only six elements, one for each actor so the way it's played is as a zero sum game. I think it's a really interesting idea and a good change of pace. As much as I'd like to do the Great Bond Girl Elimination game, its been done and its tuff because there are multiple girls per film. I like this game because its different and interesting. How do I get it going formally?
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Well, now the "The Battle of the Bonds" is up and running, so I guess we should postpone the "Best Bond girl" until the Villain game is finished...(?)

But I would recommend that we take time to discuss this through after a game is finished, so that people don't randomly start new games when they feel like it. Potentially the three new games that was published now could have started at the same time, and we would have been left with 4 games running simultaneously and a fierce and hostile debate of which one to close down...

Please show some patience guys!
    There shouldnt be more than 2 elimination games going at the same time,maximum of 3,or this will cause problems and arguements.

Trust me i know what im talking about from experience on the old site in the past.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    For the record, I think all such games are very tedious and clutter up the forum. It seems to have got worse over the past week or so.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 23,545
    Okay folks, we're deciding upon the future of these games. Nothing to be worried about - more games will follow shortly. But I'm sure you can all agree that some level of order and control is to be maintained, lest we spawn an epidemic of games. A few simple rules can make a tremendous difference. Please give us a little time and we'll talk to you shortly.

Thank you! :-)
    edited May 2014 Posts: 5,080
    This is how it is now-

Elimination Game statuses-

01) The Great Bond Villain Elimination Game - created by @barryt007 (2014-03-06) - active

02) The Great Bond Film Elimination Game - created by @Thunderfinger (2014-03-11) - finished

Winner- From Russia With Love

03) The Battle of the Bonds Elimination Game- created by @Murdock (2014-05-19)- active
    Here is my suggestion for the next elimination games:

Give everyone a +1/-2 vote every day. The two negative votes can be given to one option, or one minus vote to two options as you prefer. This way there will never be a stalemate, no arguments, no need for reducing points, no need to declare a tie or increase the vote, no nothing. Completion and satisfaction guaranteed.

They should start with more than 10 points in this case, just to make it last a while.

Just bumping my own suggestion, in case a stalemate is reached again, or for future games with more than 20 options. If anyone cares.

"That is brilliant thinking, @Thunderfinger!"

"Thanks!"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @timmer, then we should be taking suggestions from you. ;-)

Then again, with us new lot in here, it could be interesting to see how the game turns out now. It seems that most want a Bond Girl Elimination Game, so perhaps we should try that one next and see how it turns out this time.

You are right. The site did undergo a full reboot in 2011. All post counts wiped clean. So a fresh lead Bond-girl game would be timely. I was thinking beyond.
    IIRC, us Bond fans circa 2007-2011 (my tenure on the old site, others go way back further than that) just loved the two TB girls Domino and Fiona. Mad crushing/obsession everywhere for Domino. :x I think we all want to rescue her and swim happily ever after in the Bahamas, with deep-sea tortoises and hanging around the Ocean Club.
    What a life.