So you want to start a new Elimination game?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Domino has never done anything for me; don't know why. She's just not...interesting or anything like that to me.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Domino has never done anything for me; don't know why. She's just not...interesting or anything like that to me.

Yeah, she doesn't do it for me, either. I'd pick Natalya, Solitaire, or Vesper any day of the week over her.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Creasy47 wrote:

Yeah, she doesn't do it for me, either. I'd pick Natalya, Solitaire, or Vesper any day of the week over her.
    personally I go for Tiffany Case. I like the smart sassy American girls.

I've always liked Domino a lot myself; one of my favorite aspects of TB. Some of my favorite Bond girls include Honey, Pussy, Domino, Tracy, Solitaire, and Vesper.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2014 Posts: 28,694
    timmer wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

personally I go for Tiffany Case. I like the smart sassy American girls.

I haaaaaaaaaate her with a bloody passion, so much so that I only refer to her as Tiffany "Basket" Case. What a useless, unremarkable ditz... ~X(

*Googles Eva Green pictures to calm down*

Balance is restored. 8->
    I might eventually bring my 'Bond Villain weapon' game back,that was very popular on the old site.
  • barryt007 wrote:
    I might eventually bring my 'Bond Villain weapon' game back,that was very popular on the old site.

How did that game work?

Tiffany Case is underrated, by the way. For the first half of the movie, she's quite capable; it's only in the last act that they decide to butcher her character and make her as dumb as a sack of potatoes.
    barryt007 wrote:

How did that game work?

Tiffany Case is underrated, by the way. For the first half of the movie, she's quite capable; it's only in the last act that they decide to butcher her character and make her as dumb as a sack of potatoes.

I surmise that Blofeld had her get a lobotomy well before the finale of the film. It's the only possible conclusion that explains why she could be that terribly worthless. Why couldn't she have been murdered so that the main Bond girl could be Plenty?
  • Plenty would have been plenty irritating as the main girl. It's best she stayed a minor character, even if it's a shame that she died. But we're getting off topic; this can be discussed after the villain elimination game ends.
    We should make some more organization for these games. Since most of us want a Bond girl game soon, perhaps I'll start that once the Bond Villain Elimination Game is over with, but after that, we should have everyone posting their ideas and coming to agreements on what to do next, then after that, then after that one, etc. That way, we can add all of these games with a 'Pending' status next to their names, along with the thread creator. That way, once one game ends, we simply check the list and whoever is next in line can start their game and we're off.

It's just that the Villain Elimination Game is coming to an end rather quickly, and we needn't have four or five new Elimination Games thrown up at the same time as soon as that one ends. A little schedule and planning will make things run a lot smoother.

If anyone disagrees with anything I've said, or if you all would rather a different game be started after the villain one is over, share your thoughts.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I haaaaaaaaaate her with a bloody passion, so much so that I only refer to her as Tiffany "Basket" Case. What a useless, unremarkable ditz... ~X(

*Googles Eva Green pictures to calm down*

Balance is restored. 8->
    Keep honkin' on that tooter Charlie, and blow up your pants too! :P

Creasy47 wrote:
    We should make some more organization for these games. Since most of us want a Bond girl game soon, perhaps I'll start that once the Bond Villain Elimination Game is over with, but after that, we should have everyone posting their ideas and coming to agreements on what to do next, then after that, then after that one, etc. That way, we can add all of these games with a 'Pending' status next to their names, along with the thread creator. That way, once one game ends, we simply check the list and whoever is next in line can start their game and we're off.

It's just that the Villain Elimination Game is coming to an end rather quickly, and we needn't have four or five new Elimination Games thrown up at the same time as soon as that one ends. A little schedule and planning will make things run a lot smoother.

If anyone disagrees with anything I've said, or if you all would rather a different game be started after the villain one is over, share your thoughts.
    I'd really like to formally submit my idea for a game now that the film elimination is over. Here's a link to my game:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/9339/the-great-bond-actor-elements-game#Item_16

The idea is to categorize each Bond actor as either the coolest or the smartest or the sexiest, and so on. There are only six elements, one for each actor so the way it's played is as a zero sum game. I think it's a really interesting idea and a good change of pace. As much as I'd like to do the Great Bond Girl Elimination game, its been done and its tuff because there are multiple girls per film. I like this game because its different and interesting. How do I get it going formally?

Again, I'd really like to give this a try. I think it would compliment the Battle of The Bonds game as well. Please give it some serious consideration...
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,470
    No, I think it would work, the only reason I suggested going with the basics first is that way it gives everyone a hand in all of the basic, simplistic elimination games before moving on to something a bit different. I'm just offering suggestions, though, it's really up to everyone. I've no complaints with any of these.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly, and I don't think we should need to wait for a mod to get this organized... I just realized that we still don't have a proper list of all the games that have been suggested/planned. Creating such a list is obviously the first priority. Then we can decide on an order....
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 7,500
    Elimination Game statuses-

02) The Great Bond Film Elimination Game - created by @Thunderfinger (2014-03-11) - finished

Winner- From Russia With Love

01) The Great Bond Villain Elimination Game - created by @barryt007 (2014-03-06) - active

03) The Battle of the Bonds Elimination Game- created by @Murdock (2014-05-19)- active

Next up:

The Best Bond Girl Eliminatio Game - creater: @Creasy47

Games up for contention:

The Great Bond Actor Elements Game - proposed by @sirseanisbond
    Video Game Elimination - proposed by @Risico007

I propose that all games must have an administrator and a proper name before they are up for contention.

Further suggestions

Various games suggested by @StirredNotShaken:
    Bond actors (start with 30 points each)
    Bond girls (10)
    Bond title songs (10)
    Bond soundtracks (10)
    Bond composers (20)
    Bond directors (20)
    Bond allies (10)
    Bond novels (20)
    Felix Leiters (30)

Can now any further game suggestions be added to these lists?
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 3,236
    Pre-title sequences would be a fun game, as would henchmen. An M or Moneypenny game might be good, but with only four choices, there would have to be something different about them.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 23,544
    Forgive me, @jobo, but the next game and the rules by which future games will be established soon enough.

Thank you for your patience.
    Thanks, Dimi! Also, when you get a moment, go check out the news I put in the Horror Thread. I think you'll like it. :D
    I'm sure you'll come up with a good solution, @DarthDimi! No preassure... ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Thanks for the support guys. :) Meanwhile, let's have fun in the active games.
    Ok, The Great Bond Villain Elimination Game is finally at an end, so it would seem that it is now time for @Creasy47's Great Bond Girl Elimination Game to get underway. I'm not sure if you had a game started and it got closed temporarily by a Mod, or if it still has to be created, but at any rate, it's over to you @Creasy47
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    edited May 2014 Posts: 5,080
    Elimination Game statuses-

01) The Great Bond Villain Elimination Game - created by @barryt007 (2014-03-06) - finished

Winner- Ernst Stavro Blofeld (OHMSS)

02) The Great Bond Film Elimination Game - created by @Thunderfinger (2014-03-11) - finished

Winner- From Russia With Love

03) The Battle of the Bonds Elimination Game- created by @Murdock (2014-05-19)- active

Next up?

The Best Bond Girl Elimination Game - creater: @Creasy47
    I think we have to wait for @DarthDimi to give us the go ahead. He said he would take charge of this…

The most important thing: No one should publish a new game out of the blue before we have this clarified!
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,470
    Well, I contacted @DarthDimi when the first game ended about it, and he gave me the go-ahead before the current game was started out of the blue. Sent him my list last night and he said it looked good, so the Bond Girl Elimination Game will start in a few hours time.

Yes, @jobo is correct, there should be nobody starting any new games out of the blue. Make sure it's in line (so get it confirmed here, or just throw out ideas) and contact a mod about it.

EDIT: I'll be starting the game here in a little bit, so the statuses for the games can be changed.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 19,339
    Someone stick me down for a '007 villain weapon elimination game' ...this was VERY popular on the old site so i will re-run it here when there is space and time.
    How does it work? What is a "villain weapon"?
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Like the golden gun I imagine? Although I'm not sure every villain has such a memorable weapon.
    pachazo wrote:
    Like the golden gun I imagine? Although I'm not sure every villain has such a memorable weapon.

Exactly. Would a henchman or a nuclear missile count as a villain weapon? Seems like a complicated topic to me, but maybe it works, I don't know...

For eg ,the exploding milk bottles in TLD,buzz saw in OP,garotte watch in FRWL,Onatopps thighs in GE,Oddjobs hat in GF,Golden Gun in TMWTGG etc etc
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I see. That could prove to be interesting.