Controversial opinions about anything

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Both of those are fantastic, especially 'Jaws.' It's one of those movies that never fails to freak me out or keep me interested. It sucks me in from start to finish. I guess you could say it has a...bite...on me. G-get it? 'Cause the shark has those jaws, and it bites...y...y'know? Bite....bite....
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote:
    Okay some controversial opinions.

Rambo III is better than Rambo II
    Agreed.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I guess you could say it has a...bite...on me. G-get it? 'Cause the shark has those jaws, and it bites...y...y'know? Bite....bite....
    Where you live, there must be something in the water. Get it? Something in the water... Sharks... ;)
    Paris' restaurants are overrated in general and.mostly tourist traps.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Couldn't agree more, @Ludovico.
    I visited Paris once, when I was 16. A bowl of soup cost me more than a full meal in my favourite Chinese restaurant. And it was nothing special. Just ordinary tomato soup. For my next meal I walked into a supermarket, bought some sandwiches and cheese for almost no money at all and I never regretted that.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I don't rate actor Clint Eastwood one iota.

He is a charisma free actor who never commanded the screen. In Kelly's Heroes I was looking at Savalas, in Where Eagles Dare I was looking at Burton, in the Dollar films I was looking at Van Cleef and Wallach, in Every Which Way I was looking at the monkey (weren't we all?) etc etc etc.

His tinny voice was weak and his expression was always one of someone who had drifted on set and couldn't find his way off.

Now that's controversial. ;-)
    NicNac wrote:

He is a charisma free actor who never commanded the screen. In Kelly's Heroes I was looking at Savalas, in Where Eagles Dare I was looking at Burton, in the Dollar films I was looking at Van Cleef and Wallach, in Every Which Way I was looking at the monkey (weren't we all?) etc etc etc.

His tinny voice was weak and his expression was always one of someone who had drifted on set and couldn't find his way off.

YES indeed but more CRAZY than controversial. :D
    SaintMark wrote:
    NicNac wrote:

YES indeed but more CRAZY than controversial. :D

Clint Eastwood is better behind the camera rather than in front of it. Like we are finding out with Ben Affleck
    NicNac wrote:

I actually think he has a lots of charisma, otherwise as an actor he would not have made it because he is relatively limited. A far greater director.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What? Have you seen Unforgiven? Greatest badass after Rorshach there.
    Speaking of 'Unforgiven,' I don't think it's that great. I saw it many years ago and remember being wowed by it, but I went back and watch it about a month ago and it didn't really impress me.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Couldn't agree more, @Ludovico.
    I visited Paris once, when I was 16. A bowl of soup cost me more than a full meal in my favourite Chinese restaurant. And it was nothing special. Just ordinary tomato soup. For my next meal I walked into a supermarket, bought some sandwiches and cheese for almost no money at all and I never regretted that.

Paris may be the worst city in the world to eat. And because it is overrated, it is overpriced. And the tourists get robbed and they don't even seem to know it.

I mean there are places where it is cheap and good. I even remember one where the glass of wine I had was compliment on the house, just to be nice. But this was an exception rather than the rule.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 45,489
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Speaking of 'Unforgiven,' I don't think it's that great. I saw it many years ago and remember being wowed by it, but I went back and watch it about a month ago and it didn't really impress me.

All right, I am coming out. Any man I see out there who do not like The Unforgiven or Eastwood, I am gonna shoot him. I am not only gonna kill him, but I am gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.
    Creasy47 wrote:

All right, I am coming out. Any man I see out there who do not like The Unforgiven or Eastwood, I am gonna shoot him. I am not only gonna kill him, but i am gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.

I like your style and dedication. I don't hate 'Unforgiven,' I just don't see all the love it gets. However, I am a huge fan of Eastwood.
    All right, I am coming out. Any man I see out there who do not like The Unforgiven or Eastwood, I am gonna shoot him. I am not only gonna kill him, but i am gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down.
    .... and then they cut her face off and even cut her teats off.

'Eastwood'? What kind of stoopid name is that? ;)
    I have to say, I've never heard anyone say they didn't like Clint Eastwood. I always thought he was sort of universally loved, lol

But as long as we're talking about over rated actors, John Wayne, Charles Bronson and James Dean tend to get more praise than their acting deserves (although I do still like them).

I'm sure there are others, but that's just off the top of my head.
    QBranch wrote:
    'Eastwood'? What kind of stoopid name is that? ;)
    LOL I just love the way he says it too! As if they were supposed to recognize it as a badass name!
    302-Back-to-the-Future-Part-III.gif
    Master-dahahark, prepare yourself for the wrath of Murdrock.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,973
    I'm a HUGE fan of Clint's westerns. Granted, I have to be in that kind of mood, but when I am, I get such a kick out of them.

@Master Every line of dialogue in that trilogy is epic! Notice how at the end of part III, Clayton Ravine becomes Eastwood Ravine? :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    series
    I have to say, I've never heard anyone say they didn't like Clint Eastwood. I always thought he was sort of universally loved, lol

But as long as we're talking about over rated actors, John Wayne, Charles Bronson and James Dean tend to get more praise than their acting deserves (although I do still like them).

Charles Bronson? Overrated! This ain't ovah! ;)
    tumblr_n1wba19ds51qedb29o1_500.gif
    Death+Wish+21.JPG
    bang bang you're dead! ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    Death+Wish+21.JPG
    bang bang you're dead! ;)

Jeez at least Clint Eastwood played in movies with a budget and got an actually gun to make it look real. ;)
    edited July 2014 Posts: 13,973
    @SaintMark That's because you don't know what Bronson can do with his index finger.
    Clint used to be great back when he wasn't talking to empty chairs...
    :))
    chrisisall wrote:
    Clint used to be great back when he wasn't talking to empty chairs...
    :))

I COMPLETELY forgot about that! Ohhhhh, poor Clint.
    Firefox still rocks! =D>
    QBranch wrote:
    @SaintMark That's because you don't know what Bronson can do with his index finger.

That is far more information than I needed. ;)
    @SaintMark Oh, okay then. I was just going to say he can shoot bullets from it. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    @SaintMark Oh, okay then. I was just going to say he can shoot bullets from it. ;)

You are making it worse. :D

Chuck Norris would frown on you.
    Chuck Norris is overrated. What about early 90's (and 'Under Siege' and 'Under Siege 2') Steven Seagal?