The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Comments

• a bit of gossip - true or not who knows that's what gossip is:

http://www.dlisted.com/2012/01/05/blind-items-i-guess-you-guess
    a bit of gossip - true or not who knows that's what gossip is:

That level of ugliness in gossip is absolutely humbling when one thinks of some of things that have been said about DC before. It makes CraigisnotBond look good.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    a bit of gossip - true or not who knows that's what gossip is:

Disgusting gossip, it lost me when it said Rachel Weisz is a B-list actress.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Wow nice shirt Craig is wearing at the Berlin premiere - very classy.

NicNac, is it you who posted the 'Craig looks like a garden gnome' comment on the dlisted.com article ? Sounds familiar with your 'gnome desguise' post here... =)) ;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Wow nice shirt Craig is wearing at the Berlin premiere - very classy.

NicNac, is it you who posted the 'Craig looks like a garden gnome' comment on the dlisted.com article ? Sounds familiar with your 'gnome desguise' post here... =)) ;)
    How dare you suggest I said he looks like a gnome Mr DC. I said he dresses like a gnome in the new film ...which of course isn't true, it was just me pratting around.
    ;)
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 4,622
    I like the Nike trainers with the orange laces. Might buy some in the spring if the Nike retailers are actually selling them. Good for casual walking about.
    I think I'll check out Dragon Tatoo this week. I've now seen MI-4 and Sherlock. Underwhelmed by both. Tatoo will be a nice break from the hyper-action of the other two films. Tinker Tailer Solider Spy can wait.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I've now just see this film and really did love it. I agree, a look of praise will go to Mara, as it should, but Craig does shine and do his bit here to. Some good ideas for Skyfall here and I hope the next two are filmed and released as soon as possible. I guess that is 2014 at the earliest.
    They showed the six episodes of Larssons books on the Dutch Telly during the last days of 2011 and first days of 2012. The movie doesn't arrive on our lowlands untill February otherwise it might have hurt the interest. It still can though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dan looks quite healthy, and YOUNG.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I loved the film. Had to see it twice in theaters, and wow, was it a $14 well spent. I would enjoy seeing it for a third time, and I found it to be my favorite film of 2011. I just read a report (can't seem to find the article) that states Sony is going to push forward with the other two books as films. They aren't sure if Fincher will return, but I sure hope he does. He did a great job with this one.

And by the way, to those who saw it, who loved the Bond-esque opening credits?
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    The sequels are a go:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/sony-going-ahead-with-dragon-tattoo-sequels-despite-underperforming-box-office/

Steve Zaillian has finished the second script and is now working on the third. David Fincher is not yet confirmed to direct but the plan is to have The Girl Who Played With Fire begin production by the end of the year or the start of the next. The next two may not be released at Christmas time. (Six months apart at different times of the year sounds better to me).

This film should get $300 million worldwide, a great number and three times it's budget.

My guess is the films will be released in 2014 and/or 2015, so that could be another big year for Craig if we have Bond 24 to look forward to as well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Samuel001, that's the report I was talking about. Thanks for the link.

Personally, if they somehow could, I would love to have the second one released in the summer of 2014, with Bond 24 preceding the third one. Would be an insane year.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dan is moving up quite fast. He has gotten some great acting work as of late.
    Now the question is, will Daniel get some Oscar love?
    Creasy47 wrote:

I loved the scenery. The music....not that much. My companion (mum) even had to cover hear ears. The noise...was....I can't even find words to describe it.

• SharkBait wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I loved the scenery. The music....not that much. My companion (mum) even had to cover hear ears. The noise...was....I can't even find words to describe it.

You can see it here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcp9Ysi75f0&list=FLhgy4oLKP9huDqVR0HVvWAw&index=1&feature=plpp_video
    Still don't like the song. Graphics are great though.

they are already working on the next novel so you assume DC will film them inbetween Bond 23 and 24? And should he continue in the role? Between 24 and 25?
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    RogueAgent wrote:
    they are already working on the next novel so you assume DC will film them inbetween Bond 23 and 24? And should he continue in the role? Between 24 and 25?

Between Skyfall and Bond 24, with maybe a few finishing touches afterwards. He'll film them in 2013 with another Bond film in 2014 most likely.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 2,782

here you go giantcookie in hd.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    I read the books, watched the Swedish movie version, but David Fincer's adaption of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO was just stunning, it actually improved on the original novel. the actors, among them Daniel Craig, Stellan Skarsgaard, and Christopher Plummer, are all execellent, but it is the stunning performance of Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander, which alone made the movie worth watching. The imagery, the eery soundtrack, the script (which axes some of the more clumsy bits of the books, and adds bits form the second book), everything is awesome... And, yes, it is bloody maninstream cinema, but it is highly watchable...
    Good film. Liked the tabby cat. Excellent opening titles 3/5 stars. Bring on the next one!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I really want to watch this film but the fact that it's 2 hr. and 40 min. long is keeping me away from it.
    I really want to watch this film but the fact that it's 2 hr. and 40 min. long is keeping me away from it.

I say, give it a go. It doesn't FEEL long ;)
  • Germanlady wrote:

2hrs 40 mins is 2hrs 40 mins how can not feel that long when 2hrs 40 mins is 2hrs 40 mins?

However Qs you will be really wrapped up in the film and you will really enjoy your 2hrs 40 mins, the last third of the film is awesome.

Germanlady wrote:

2hrs 40 mins is 2hrs 40 mins how can not feel that long when 2hrs 40 mins is 2hrs 40 mins?

However Qs you will be really wrapped up in the film and you will really enjoy your 2hrs 40 mins, the last third of the film is awesome.

This sounds like a post just for the sake of disagreeing. You even said it yourself. You are wrapped up in the film and hence, it doesn't FEEL long as opposewd to it being a fact it IS 2 hrs 40 mins.

• Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

This sounds like a post just for the sake of disagreeing. You even said it yourself. You are wrapped up in the film and hence, it doesn't FEEL long as opposewd to it being a fact it IS 2 hrs 40 mins.

a post just for disagreeing, really? thanks for posting that out. Posting for just disagreeing is just wrong and silly GL I'm sure you agree.

http://www.fanreviews.com/?videos=the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-clip-01

I'll watch this film again tonight, it's great.

Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

a post just for disagreeing, really? thanks for posting that out. Posting for just disagreeing is just wrong and silly GL I'm sure you agree.

http://www.fanreviews.com/?videos=the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-clip-01

I'll watch this film again tonight, it's great.

I suppose you mean "pointing" it out. Yes, its silly, why do you do it then?

Anyway - have fun with the film tonight. It started in Germany yesterday and I will have my second viewing today.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,661
    Bit of geeky trivia for you... this film features two of the candidates to replace Brosnan as Bond acting together in the same scene.

Goran Visnjic - a candidate for Bond (screentested for the part)

and

Daniel Craig - the guy who got the part.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    So what would this movie be classified as, action, thriller, drama, etc? The previews make it look like a type of action film but a friend of mine said it's just a bunch of talking from beginning to end. I'm just trying to get a feel for this film before I see it.