The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I love them. Set the one of Craig and Mara sharing the smoke as my laptop wallpaper. December is going to be a very busy theater-going month for me...about time, too. Not many films have peaked my interests lately.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    How cool is this?!:

• I won't be watching this. Am I interested in Craig as an overall actor?, not really if I think about it, sure, he's the most recent James Bond, and of course I went along to see that, been watching bond for years, long before Craig arrived on the scene, I've seen one or two of his other features in recent years such as Layer Cake and Flashbacks Of A Fool and while they were an OK sort of two hours spent there was nothing that really stood out or made me appreciate the actor anymore than what he does now, and that is playing Bond, I should point out also, even if it isin't necessary, that I have no issue with Craig as a human being, I did enjoy Royale for the most part and don't burn effigies of this individual or anything such.
    @Baltimore_007, such a long sentence! Either way, if you don't like Craig's acting, per se, it isn't a reason to bail on such an excellent looking film. Mara looks good, Fincher seems to be doing a phenomenal job, and the soundtrack is incredible. December will be an extremely busy month for me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I love them. Set the one of Craig and Mara sharing the smoke as my laptop wallpaper. December is going to be a very busy theater-going month for me...about time, too. Not many films have peaked my interests lately.
    I agree @Creasy. I've got Sherlock Holmes 2 and Mission Impossible 4 as must sees on my list. It has been a very laid back and uneventful year for films hasn't it?
    Might we meet up and see all of these together, @0Brady? I'm dying to see all three. It's weird; last year, I was so excited for the films this year, and honestly, I think I have seen four or five, tops, that have truly blown me away. Most of them were big disappointments. Now, the better films usually don't release until later in the year, but this is a pretty bad run for ten months out of twelve.
    Fincher and Sony are at odds over the running time. Fincher wants three hours whereas Sony want two hours and a half. Who will (and should) win?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am going to see this one and Sherlock for sure asap - but I am in Japan ... so it will be a little delayed, but I hope not much. :) Probably see Ghost Protocol, too. When I watch a movie here, in English, I only have about 3 weeks tops to see it (in English). Saving my money now for when Bond 23 comes out and planning my schedule (about 35 min. by train, then bus ride to the theater, about $20 US bucks per ticket). Bond is worth it for multiple viewings (I hope!). I like Downey a lot, too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I can't wait to watch Tintin in 3 days !!
    @Samuel, I have a feeling Sony will win, but Fincher should. So many good films out that would be much more entertaining if the director's cut was given. Look at The Town: Affleck's original cut of the film was around 4 1/2 hours long, then he cut it again, then again. The extended edition adds a lot to the movie, especially parts that were rather confusing with the theater version.

If people honestly have a problem sitting there for three hours enjoying a film, then they should find a different hobby. Fincher should be allowed to have his three hours released. If he doesn't, then definitely on the DVD/blu-ray that releases next year.
    Another new poster:

Thanks for the poster! Daniel looks good. Not sure that "forth" sounds quite right to me. I am so looking forward to this film ... but I am not convinced about Rooney yet. Hope she does a great job. I've read the books; I don't think her character will be in any way easy. Really hope it's a great script.
    My Lord, Danny must be praying that this film rakes in a reasonable amount of dough....and with this film's giant 100 million dollar budget, it is going to be a challenge.

I've just noticed that pretty much all of the non-Bond films Craig has done whilst he has been 007 have been varying degrees of flops or garbage (or both). Look at this list: The Invasion (flopped, and it sucked), The Golden Compass (a giant flop in the US, but elsewhere it faired much better), Flashbacks of a Fool (always wanted to see this one, but the critics didn't like it), Defiance (did make it's $32 million back, but with not with much US help), Cowboys and Aliens (a colossal disappointment for nearly everyone involved, it wasn't THAT bad of a film, but when you put up $163 million dollars for a film, you would like your total worldwide gross to be more than $171 million...), and finally...Dream House (flopped, universally panned by critics).

Let's face it, since 2006, Craig hasn't had much of a career outside of his two Bond films. It's really too bad because I do admire him as an actor, and I'm hoping...as I'm sure he's hoping...that Tattoo is a good film that will be successful at the box office.
    Well, almost like Bond (but not as huge) this film has a cult following from the books already. And that is still growing. Should help. I hope it's a huge hit for everyone involved.
    A good day to release a new poster:

Roones looks a bit photoshopped, but its still a very cool cover

• edited November 2011 Posts: 17
    Not really digging it, must be the lightning, it looks off.

However I like Cinema's cover. Mara looks creepy and haunting in that pic.

Nice covers. Under two months now! :-D
    I honestly don't find her as attractive as the Swede. Not in the face, body, anything.

But Mr. Blomkvist sure has improved ;)
    Mara certainly has a quite different sort of attractiveness to her than Rapace does. While I find Noomi Rapace more physically attractive, I think Rooney Mara has more gravitas and a certain air of mystery about her that I find very attractive as well.
    I know I could easily fall for Rapace's character. I have a very smart ass - attitude. But I'd have trouble taming that past of hers.. and the whole 'I sleep with women here and there' problem.

But we've yet to see Mara, who knows.

PS, the poster designer(s) for TGWTDT should definitely do Skyfall.
    Mara has guts taking this on.
    I can't wait to see it! (Ah, but I am in Japan, so I guess I will ...)
    From the official site:

the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-18.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-17-600x324.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-16-600x326.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-15-600x310.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-14-600x381.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-13-600x331.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-12.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-11-600x318.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-10-600x317.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-9.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-8-600x323.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-7-600x350.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-6-600x346.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-5-600x313.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-4-600x251.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-3-600x326.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-2-600x382.jpg
    the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-1-600x318.jpg
    stellan-skarsgard-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-600x423.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-13-487x600.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-12-600x399.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-11-487x600.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-10.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-9.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-8.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-7-396x600.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-6-600x400.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-4-600x400.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-3.jpg
    rooney-mara-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-1-600x344.jpg
    rooney-mara-daniel-craig-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-1-600x398.jpg
    goran-visjnic-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-1-600x349.jpg
    robin-wright-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-1.jpg
    christopher-plummer-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-1-600x331.jpg
    daniel-craig-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-3.jpg
    daniel-craig-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-1-600x325.jpg
    daniel-craig-christopher-plummer-the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-movie-image-1-400x600.jpg
    The one time I can sit in a theater, pick out a character, say "He did it!" and be right :)

Haha that's going to make everybody angry, but I've technically seen this film already. :P
    It does look like the original, which can´t be a bad thing. Looks better actually.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 5,745
    Here's an 8 minute trailer for the film: (100% Legitimate)

• JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The trailer looks absolutely brilliant, but I have to read the books first. The trailer makes me want to read the books so badly.
    Its my personal YouTube page and I've done nothing to flaunt the video. Uploaded strictly for this site..
    It seems someone is braking the rules and releasing their (positive) review tomorrow instead of waiting until the 13th:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/so-what-if-david-denby-broke-sonyscott-rudins-dragon-tattoo-embargo