The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

12345679»

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Zodiac also features one of the most charismatic trio of main performances ever assembled - Gyllenhaal, Ruffalo and Downey Jr are out of this world in the film.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The great thing about Zodiac is that in every scene where the killer is featured, Fincher hired a different actor of varying heights, weights and other physical descriptors to play the role, such that at least 6 different actors all play the same person before the film ends. I love that idea as it really reinforces the fear and paranoia people in San Fran had in the 60s and 70s, being that the Zodiac could be anyone. It also aids in keeping the mystery present throughout, always causing you to wonder if the cops were looking at the right people or not.

Agreed, the most chilling scene for me is when the killer appears in broad day light and attacks the young couple, always sends chills down my spine, especially when he's stabbing the girl. That trumps that dark basement sequence with Gyllenhall and Charles Fleischer.

I always thought that scene was bit cheap in comparrison to the rest of the film. I love the film but that scene felt out of place and not really needed or played more straight and not so Silence of Lambs.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @DaltonCraig007, I'd love to see them all in True Detective; I think they'd be perfect fits.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,043
    I remember when Zodiac was released and I went to see it all the reviews seem to knock Gyllenhall's performance, saying he seems out of his depth amongst the other actors.

Personally I thought Graysmith was supposed to be out of his depth and JG captures that perfectly for me him and Ruffalo are the highlight of the film.

RDJ is great and very colourful but I don't get all this he steals the picture, JG is the beating heart of the film and our guide, also Ruffalo is utterly superb as Dave Toschi.

Definitely one of my all time favourite films.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dammit, now I really want to watch this one again.