The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Comments

• edited May 2011 Posts: 886
    Having Fincher behind the camera and Daniel Craig in front of it is really enough for me to be fairly optimistic regarding the quality of the film. Can't wait to see it.
    Agreed
    I will certainly watch this film, looks interesting and nice to see Craig in a role that befits him as well as Bond I feel.
    You can't doubt this franchise will be huge. $-)

It's only 90 seconds - about as long as the song in the trailer - but it's higher quality and exactly what you asked for.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Reszor should have known better. He didn't have to rape a perfectly good Zeppelin tune. He has enough talent to produce stuff on his own, and that comes from a hardcore NIN fan.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Very promising! Now I am confident to say that none of the previous Bond actors had such a strong movie career outside the Bond films while they played Bond as Craig has.
    I think Connery did. Maybe his non-Bond flicks were disappointing at the box office compared to his Bonds, but there was alot of variety and quality. Woman of Straw, Marnie, The Hill, The Anderson Tapes. Directors like Martin Ritt, Sidney Lumet and Hitchcock worked with him. He was a top, top star with or without Bond.

Roger Moore, in the mid to late 70s was , believe it or not in the top 10 grossing movie stars with hits like Gold, Shout at the Devil, The Wild Geese and Sea Wolves on top of the Bond films.

So, I think the two biggest players amongst the Bonds have had very strong non-Bond careers (during their Bond tenure) but I'm confident Craig will equal them.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    don't forget the Rock and The Hunt For Red October and Indy 3!

They made Mucha Money!!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    don't forget the Rock and The Hunt For Red October and Indy 3!

They made Mucha Money!!
    Only films made during their time as Bond are being discussed here ;-) .
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I've read the book (which is fine) and really liked the trailer. Of course it has to be different from the Swedish movie, but if it's well done - and the trailer looks as if it is - then this should be great. On top, it shortens the time to Bond23.

It's only 90 seconds - about as long as the song in the trailer - but it's higher quality and exactly what you asked for.
    Ahm... I think it should stay together with the trailer, without it it makes no sense, together with the trailer it conveys a certain sense of humor, which I find intruiging in the context of both Fincher and Reznor.

• j7wildj7wild Suspended
    better quality trailer - 1080p MKV here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5WRFMVBY
    Reszor should have known better. He didn't have to rape a perfectly good Zeppelin tune. He has enough talent to produce stuff on his own, and that comes from a hardcore NIN fan.
    I don't know about that - I think he'd be hard-pressed to come up with something where they lyrics match the visuals. Especially if the song was only put together for the trailers.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • LudsLuds MIA
    I don't know about that - I think he'd be hard-pressed to come up with something where they lyrics match the visuals. Especially if the song was only put together for the trailers.
    Old Reznor could have (well old meaning young ;) ), his old stuff was dark and heavy. New NIN is nothing more than pop with cool visual effects.
    Green Band trailer, good quality
    I love the way "BAD" flashes on the screen, timed to fit with that really jarring note.
    Old Reznor could have (well old meaning young ;) ), his old stuff was dark and heavy. New NIN is nothing more than pop with cool visual effects.
    Eh, I'm not too familiar with NIN. But I still think it would be a tall order - "Immigrant Song" is pretty much perfect for the film, given that it's set in Scandinavia, and some of the lyrical themes (particularly the final verse; "so now you'd better stop, and rebuild all your ruins / for peace and trust can win the day in spite of all your losing") really fit in with the content of the novel.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The official trailer certainly makes the film look that bit better in my opinion. Looking forward to this.
  • The poster: http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-international-poster-01.jpg

It could be the poster of an edgy Bond film. :)
    Very nice, looks like a cross between a horror and a film noir there :P
    I love those posters, very nice. Great to see Craig back on the big screen and Mara looks almost gothic. :)

Any idea how long it'll take for the other two books to be adapted? Two or three years?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Possibly more - Craig will be busy with Bond in 2012 and 2014 most likely... So I bet on Dragon Tattoo 2 in 2013 and Dragon Tattoo 3 in 2015... Let's not forget a possible sequel for Cowboys and Aliens as well !!
    Any idea how long it'll take for the other two books to be adapted? Two or three years?
    They'd be better off adapting the two books as one. There's really only one story there, and so much of it drags out. You could comfortably cut an entire book's worth of material out and have a much better narrative. The second book takes forever to get to the murder of Dag Svensson, which is the catalyst for the entire thing. Get rid of the Salander-on-trial subplot and instead focus on the hunt for Zalachenko. The trial is necessary to play on the corruption within the Sapo, but it should only be a minor thing - not an entire book's focus. Likewise, cut the subplot about Erika Berger's stalker. That was just a waste of time.
  • edited June 2011 Posts: 5,767
    They'd be better off adapting the two books as one. There's really only one story there, and so much of it drags out. You could comfortably cut an entire book's worth of material out and have a much better narrative. The second book takes forever to get to the murder of Dag Svensson, which is the catalyst for the entire thing. Get rid of the Salander-on-trial subplot and instead focus on the hunt for Zalachenko. The trial is necessary to play on the corruption within the Sapo, but it should only be a minor thing - not an entire book's focus. Likewise, cut the subplot about Erika Berger's stalker. That was just a waste of time.
    Your words are comforting shadow =D> .
    edited September 2011 Posts: 13,350
    New poster:

Old trailer:

I thought it best to bump it's own thread back up to the top.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    I'm really looking forwards to seeing this remake, but frankly I found both the trailer and posters quite lame.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've loved everything I've seen. That initial red-band trailer back in June was terrific.
    Empire The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo set visit:

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ^
    Biggest MI6 Community post yet anyone??
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    ^
    Biggest MI6 Community post yet anyone??
    The images should resize to fit the page.