Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    That is a very cool picture. Love it.
    Back in a time when you could have fun. Nowadays with the advent of everything being scrutinised online, I doubt it would pass, without the world bagel association getting offended or something.
  • Benny wrote: »
    That is a very cool picture. Love it.
    Back in a time when you could have fun. Nowadays with the advent of everything being scrutinised online, I doubt it would pass, without the world bagel association getting offended or something.

Lol. "It's bad enough that they have to be eaten—must they be demeaned for the vanity of celebs as well?"
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    John Williams has never watched a finished Star Wars movie.

Adam Driver had never watched any of his own movies until The Force Awakens.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I hadn't watched any of his movies until TFA, either.

I'm sure Williams has still technically seen the movies, though; there's no way he could've worked on the score, then, if he hadn't.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm sure Williams has still technically seen the movies, though; there's no way he could've worked on the score, then, if he hadn't.

He specifically said finished. Even the scoring is changed between recording and final editing.
    A lot of actors don't watch their own movies. Didn't Brosnan say he never watched any of his bond movies?
    True, there is a long list.
  • fjdinardo wrote: »
    A lot of actors don't watch their own movies. Didn't Brosnan say he never watched any of his bond movies?

That explains Brosnan's enthusiasm ;) sorry could not resist.

He specifically said finished. Even the scoring is changed between recording and final editing.

I know, hence my reply: he's "technically" seen the movies. I saw this tidbit of information shared several weeks back, and people were losing their minds over how he has somehow never seen a second of the 'Star Wars' films, which is what I was clarifying.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Did he pop out for a fag during the premieres?
  • J.J. Abrams Thinks Mark Hamill Will Win An Oscar For Star Wars 8

http://screenrant.com/abrams-mark-hamill-star-wars-8-oscars/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=list

That's a bold prediction Luke must have quite a dramatic arc in Episode VIII.
    Best female lead? Depends which envelope they open!
  • Knowing the Academy it will probably be a posthumous Oscar despite Mark sat in the front row at the ceremony, Hamill will say 'its OK folks I am a Force Ghost'.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    J.J. Abrams Thinks Mark Hamill Will Win An Oscar For Star Wars 8

http://screenrant.com/abrams-mark-hamill-star-wars-8-oscars/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=list

That's awesome but that almost makes me worry. If he's that good that means he's probably showing a lot of emotion. I don't know if I really want to see an overly sad/tearful Luke running around the movie. I get that his nephew turned to the dark side and killed his other students, and Han died, and they may kill off Leia before the movie is over... on second thought, let him be emotional. :(
    J.J. Abrams Thinks Mark Hamill Will Win An Oscar For Star Wars 8

That really is a statement!
  • Hamill deserves an Oscar for his voice performances of the Joker. Can't wait to see what he brings to Luke after all these years. I actually don't think I've seen any of his live action performances since Jedi.
    Hamill deserves an Oscar for his voice performances of the Joker. Can't wait to see what he brings to Luke after all these years. I actually don't think I've seen any of his live action performances since Jedi.

Me neither.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Hamill deserves an Oscar for his voice performances of the Joker. Can't wait to see what he brings to Luke after all these years.
    That's an interesting point. When he last played Luke on film he was still a young actor playing a young man. 34 years is a long time, and I'm curious to see how he adds layered depth to the character now after all this time has passed. We saw hints of it towards the end of Jedi where he matures, but still, this is one performance I'm quite looking forward to seeing. I'm glad they held it back in TFA.
    God help me I can't not read it in his voice!

17264743_226853094450409_6370663497925379495_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b9d312ce5e408f4ce1819483bdbdb54a&oe=596AC70B
    God help me I can't not read it in his voice!

17264743_226853094450409_6370663497925379495_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b9d312ce5e408f4ce1819483bdbdb54a&oe=596AC70B

I read that in Palpatines voice ;))
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Odd... I read it in the Queen's.
    Finally saw 'Rogue One,' really wasn't impressed by it. Muddled and repetitive, and people thought Tarkin looked real? That was some bad CG work.
    17353535_10154537779369366_7335170502295149718_n.png?oh=1c8493ea9702470ba76493fce3b29afd&oe=59586CD5
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Finally saw 'Rogue One,' really wasn't impressed by it. Muddled and repetitive, and people thought Tarkin looked real? That was some bad CG work.

Agreed. Has there ever been a more pointless film? It tells you at the start of Star Wars that 'rebel spies stole the Death Star plans'. That's all we needed to know!

I was surprised how unexciting the film is, and those shallow multicultural PC characters are so dull!

The debacle of Moff Tarkin shows us that photo-real CGI humans are a long way off!
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    http://collider.com/woody-harrelson-wilson-han-solo-star-wars-interview/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial
    Woody Harrelson on ‘Wilson’ and Why ‘Young Han Solo’ Might Be the Best ‘Star Wars’ Yet
    8-|

Buying Rogue One on the 24th the ending was great, be interesting to see what the second viewing is like.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    I feel that all the mystery is being sucked out of the Star Wars universe simply to make money.

Every little untold story is being seized upon and bled dry.

Rogue One did not make me care for any characters one iota. The leads were lightweight and dull. The story had no need to be told. We already know how the Death Star plans were gotten with a few words at the start of A New Hope. So we certainly didn't need a 2 and a half hour movie to explain it.

Who cares about Han Solo's history? He was a Space Pirate with a mysterious past. A Corellian smuggler who somehow came to be mates with a Wookie. I like his mysterious past. It's part of what makes his character so cool.

Agreed. Has there ever been a more pointless film? It tells you at the start of Star Wars that 'rebel spies stole the Death Star plans'. That's all we needed to know!

I was surprised how unexciting the film is, and those shallow multicultural PC characters are so dull!

The debacle of Moff Tarkin shows us that photo-real CGI humans are a long way off!

Ask that question in a year or so when 'Han Solo' is about to be released! I was pretty optimistic and intrigued by 'Rogue One,' but 'Han Solo'? No interest - talk about an unnecessary entry in the series.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    It was much better than SPECTRE.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I feel that all the mystery is being sucked out of the Star Wars universe simply to make money.

Every little untold story is being seized upon and bled dry.

Rogue One did not make me care for any characters one iota. The leads were lightweight and dull. The story had no need to be told. We already know how the Death Star plans were gotten with a few words at the start of A New Hope. So we certainly didn't need a 2 and a half hour movie to explain it.

Who cares about Han Solo's history? He was a Space Pirate with a mysterious past. A Corellian smuggler who somehow came to be mates with a Wookie. I like his mysterious past. It's part of what makes his character so cool.

None of this is new. Lucasfilm has been doing this since 1978. Han Solo had a quite extensive origin thanks to some novels published way back then, and expanded on in more novels in the mid 90s.

None of this is new. I've bought toys and comics about characters who I don't think spent 20 seconds on the screen in the cantina, yet they have names and backstories.

None of this is new. Disney's simply picking up the ball that Lucas carried from the 50 yard line to here. They own the license, they're doing nothing Lucas didn't do.