Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• jake24 wrote: »
    I have low hopes.

You have hopes?
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    SharkBait wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with the young Han Solo actor. Does he at least have a deep commanding voice like Ford or high pitch whiny voice like say Elijah Wood, Leo Dicaprio or Tobey Maguire?

ThatGuyNotSolo.com :D

That is something I would like to know as well. His voice alone could make or break the movie.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »
    I have low hopes.

You have hopes?

Good title. A LOW HOPE.
  • Looks like a bunch of kids are visiting a Star Wars set, with Woody photo bombing
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Looks like a bunch of kids are visiting a Star Wars set, with Woody photo bombing
    Too true!
  • latest?cb=20121004171938

I wonder if Lumpy will appear in Han Solo The Movie
  • LOL that's true! If I didn't know they were making this movie ahead of time, I could have thought this was someones Disney vacation!

That said, he's looking more like Han than some of the other photos I've seen. Get him in costume and some long 70's hair and we should be fine- I hear he's a good actor; that's more important in the long run than looking like a clone (Anthony Ingruber)
    So happy to see Donald Glover too- and Emilia Clarke was a nice surprise; I had not heard she was in this.

Oh and 'young' Chewie! :))
    Will await to see what the Solo movie brings? Not gonna jump the gun as Rogue One was really good and done well by Disney.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Someone on facebook mentioned that this movie is most likely being made to recoup from the money they spent building that giant Millennium Falcon set. :)) I have low expectations but I'm interested in seeing it as well.
    In related news; http://movieweb.com/star-wars-holiday-special-chewbacca-son-lumpy-canon/

Lumpy is now canon! (Chewbacca's son from Star Wars Holiday Special)

No way.
    I guess I'm the only one who is actually looking forward to this movie. I'm trying not to let my expectations get high because I did for Rogue One and I left the theater feeling disappointed and underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, I liked Rogue One but nowhere near as much as most did.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Don't get me wrong, I liked Rogue One but nowhere near as much as most did.
    Then you're doing better than me. I found it incredibly boring & uninspiring. I'm looking forward to SW8 to bring back my enthusiasm for the franchise. The good thing is when a film lets one down, one only needs to wait a year for another one. I wish another franchise could do the same.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Then you're doing better than me. I found it incredibly boring & uninspiring. I'm looking forward to SW8 to bring back my enthusiasm for the franchise. The good thing is when a film lets one down, one only needs to wait a year for another one. I wish another franchise could do the same.

To be completely honest I'm not sure if I liked it or if the Star Wars fan in me is saying I did. I will say it was boring except the space battle at the end. That is my favorite space battle of the franchise. The movie was uninspiring to me as well. I felt nothing for the characters and their sacrifice at the end meant almost nothing to me. I've hear of people actually crying when they died and I don't understand why. I'm planning on seeing it for a third and finale time while it's in theaters. I'm hoping it can finally win me over with more viewings.

To be completely honest I'm not sure if I liked it or if the Star Wars fan in me is saying I did. I will say it was boring except the space battle at the end. That is my favorite space battle of the franchise. The movie was uninspiring to me as well. I felt nothing for the characters and their sacrifice at the end meant almost nothing to me. I've hear of people actually crying when they died and I don't understand why. I'm planning on seeing it for a third and finale time while it's in theaters. I'm hoping it can finally win me over with more viewings.
    This is the key point for me. I felt nothing for any of them either. I don't know if it was the acting by the two main characters (Jones and Luna), or the unmemorable supporting group (except for Donny Yen who made an impression), but I didn't really care what happened to any of them. It was like watching a video game.

This is the key point for me. I felt nothing for any of them either. I don't know if it was the acting by the two main characters (Jones and Luna), or the unmemorable supporting group (except for Donny Yen who made an impression), but I didn't really care what happened to any of them. It was like watching a video game.

I did feel a little something for K2SO when he died but I could careless about everyone else. Another big issue I had was the major lack of things from the trailers. Most notably Saw's lines and our heroes running on the beach with the Death Star plans in Jinn's hands. The trailers were so much more epic than what we got. Which was Jinn climbing a tower, uploading the plans, and then waiting on a beach to die. DULL.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I guess I'm the only one who is actually looking forward to this movie.

You're not the only one. I'm looking forward to it because the Star Wars brand has a hold on me like nothing else does, to the point where I sat through the whole of the Holiday Special twice.

I bought Star Wars Flight of the Falcon, for chrissakes. Have any of you seen it? It's a Gameboy Advance game that looks like absolute ass and can't even claim to play half as good as ass.

So no matter what, despite my best judgement, I'll always be looking forward to new Star Wars.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Digital HD on March 24
    Blu-ray/DVD on April 4

rogue-one-star-wars-story-blu-ray-box-234052.jpg
    I will be sure to buy that one. Excellent film.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Recasting is inevitable. I'm not sure I have issues with it, although I doubt, like most people here it seems, that any other actor can bring Ford's charm. In that sense I agree that an animated film might have been the wiser choice. I wonder why we need to elaborate on Solo's past in the first place. A Solo prequel feels redundant, unnecessary, unwanted even. I don't know. Disney's slick marketing machine will no doubt spoon feed us the enthusiasm required for a deep wallet dip. By the time the film is released, some of us, most likely myself included, will be rather excited. Disney is very clever that way. It knows our soft spots.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    40th Anniversary Poster

16804081_10154465408364366_8433126357975516136_o.jpg?oh=3d573f76bcf9ddd2aad5a00da49d80dd&oe=5929EF1F

I like it though seriously no Palpatine :-O
    It's clear that Captain Phasma & General Hux are going to have larger roles going forward based on that poster. It's more forward looking than the past, which is probably why Palpatine is out.
  • The last decent star wars was return of the jedi...that's a fact
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,325
    Digital HD on March 24
    Blu-ray/DVD on April 4

rogue-one-star-wars-story-blu-ray-box-234052.jpg

Any news of a 3D version? It took a further year for the 3D Force Awakens to come out.
    Rasputin wrote: »
    The last decent star wars was return of the jedi...that's a fact

Glad they never made anything so childish again.
  • I just came across this on Mark Hamill's FB page and wanted to share- I've never seen this one before!
    Re-enacting the classic Star Wars poster: Harrison with hairdryer-pistol, Mark with candlestick-lightsaber and Carrie with pastry-hair buns

16938530_586174268245195_2119131825850601910_n.jpg?oh=2def8285f1d421492de2349900fcf07b&oe=593DD998
    edited February 2017 Posts: 45,489
    That s a cool picture.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, that's great @Master_Dahark, I've never seen that shot before.
  • That's a cool picture never seen it either
    That is sooo 70's, right down to the shag. Love it.