Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Hayden does ok in Sith he is given bad Dialogue and direction
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That,too.
  • I am a fan I let things slide :)
  • You might like this edit. Aside from making Anakin's saber red, they also got rid of nearly all the dialogue ('you will try.' (:| ) got rid of the cheesy force push tug of war (just a quick force push now) and generally snipped this and that to quicken the pace.

Without Anakin's dialogue he's much more menacing. My favorite part is no more 'I have the high ground'-- just an evil look, leap, and boom game over!

The SW prequel?? - there is no such thing.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
  • The only good star wars are the first 3...the rest is base crap.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    You might like this edit. Aside from making Anakin's saber red, they also got rid of nearly all the dialogue ('you will try.' (:| ) got rid of the cheesy force push tug of war (just a quick force push now) and generally snipped this and that to quicken the pace.

Without Anakin's dialogue he's much more menacing. My favorite part is no more 'I have the high ground'-- just an evil look, leap, and boom game over!

Wow, I actually liked that better. You can tell a lot without saying much. This video actually had more emotion than the fight in the actual movie. I liked how it was not broken up by the Yoda/Emperor fight, which is why I think it had more emotion to it. One thing I didn't like was the red lightsaber. I prefer it blue for this fight.
    So what have they decided to do with Leia in episode 9?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    So what have they decided to do with Leia in episode 9?

The only thing we know is that they are rewriting parts of the script and they won't recast or do a digital Carrie Fisher.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The Episode 8 title in French has been officially announced, and it's: Les Derniers Jedi. So it seems, unless the translator has made a mistake, that the title is indeed in plural.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That is interesting.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    Yes, also in italian it is plural
  • This could be considered spoilerish, but it's all over my Facebook feed and hard to miss.
    Some upcoming toy packaging has been revealed and Rey has a different look.

(Finn & Poe are there too but they look about the same)

swtljpkg020617.jpg?w=2400
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Yes, also in italian it is plural
    And in Spain...
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    First cast photo from 'Han Solo':

han-solo-cast-photo-700x467.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I have low hopes.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 2,107
    I wish I could be as excited as Woody there. But I'm not.

:|

Should have made it animated to hide the fact that guy isn't Ford.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 40,514
    I'll inevitably see it, but I won't be rushing out to pay money for a ticket, that's for damn sure.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I can't deny that the Han Solo movie is the one I expect to fail the most, but I also can't deny that I'm interested.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Emilia is in it? Ok, maybe worth a watch. However from that photo I'm getting a strange Guardians, Terminator Genisys & Hunger Games vibe for obvious reasons.

Perhaps they should have been more inventive with the cast. The lead guy can't hold a candle to Ford.
    It's odd how, outside of her success with GoT, Clarke only seems to get cast in prequels/remakes of old properties. Rumor is she'll be a "love interest." Shocker.

Too much negativity towards this film. Give it a chance guys, or at least give the first trailer a chance. While I'd prefer they leave a young Han Solo to books/comics/games I'm still looking forward to this.
    @QsAssistant, like I said, I'll gladly give it a chance eventually, but a 'Han Solo' prequel is so unnecessary. It's a character that was made so iconic thanks to Ford, and even past that, it's a character that doesn't demand a backstory in any way, shape, or form. They could do countless better stories with this universe than a young Han Solo movie.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @QsAssistant, like I said, I'll gladly give it a chance eventually, but a 'Han Solo' prequel is so unnecessary. It's a character that was made so iconic thanks to Ford, and even past that, it's a character that doesn't demand a backstory in any way, shape, or form. They could do countless better stories with this universe than a young Han Solo movie.
    I agree. The stench of a blatant cash grab is quite overpowering from the get-go.

They could deliver a killer film though, and that would make it worth it....perhaps.
    Speaking of things I didn't know, I discovered something last week by reading Doctor Who Magazine : Richard Franklin played a part in Rogue One. After Felicity Jones, it's another link between Star Wars and Doctor Who. One more, you might say.

bondjames wrote: »
    I agree. The stench of a blatant cash grab is quite overpowering from the get-go.

They could deliver a killer film though, and that would make it worth it....perhaps.

If it's great, then more power to them and I'll be happy to add another excellent 'Star Wars' title to my collection, but as it stands, it seems like a definite cash-grab, when there were so many different directions the universe could've gone in.
    I'm not familiar with the young Han Solo actor. Does he at least have a deep commanding voice like Ford or high pitch whiny voice like say Elijah Wood, Leo Dicaprio or Tobey Maguire?

ThatGuyNotSolo.com :D