Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• RC7RC7
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Now take this with a spade of salt? As this is something I read in the Sun newspaper earlier today.
    Apparently Benedict Cumberbatch is being lined up to play a Sith Lord by JJ Abrams for the next Star Wars movie? Thoughts anyone?

My initial reaction was damn that rules him out of a Bond 24 main villain role!

Yes, I think EON should get there now and sign him up! Still, I guess seeing him as a Sith Lord would be a good consolation prize if he doesn't appear in a Bond.

True, I looked on IMDB to see what forthcoming movie projects he has coming up? Did the same with Christian Bale as I would not mind seeing either of them being a Bond baddie! [-O<

Couldn't ever see Bale as a Bond villain. Cumberbatch can do anything he wants, he's sensationally charismatic. I'd prefer him in a Bond role, but agree, Sith Lord is a decent alternative. He'd pull either off, with aplomb. Either way, we have three episodes of Sherlock on the horizon and I for one cannot wait.
    RC7 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Now take this with a spade of salt? As this is something I read in the Sun newspaper earlier today.
    Apparently Benedict Cumberbatch is being lined up to play a Sith Lord by JJ Abrams for the next Star Wars movie? Thoughts anyone?

My initial reaction was damn that rules him out of a Bond 24 main villain role!

Yes, I think EON should get there now and sign him up! Still, I guess seeing him as a Sith Lord would be a good consolation prize if he doesn't appear in a Bond.

True, I looked on IMDB to see what forthcoming movie projects he has coming up? Did the same with Christian Bale as I would not mind seeing either of them being a Bond baddie! [-O<

Couldn't ever see Bale as a Bond villain. Cumberbatch can do anything he wants, he's sensationally charismatic. I'd prefer him in a Bond role, but agree, Sith Lord is a decent alternative. He'd pull either off, with aplomb. Either way, we have three episodes of Sherlock on the horizon and I for one cannot wait.

Absolutely!!!! :-bd So looking forward to seeing him and Freeman in action again!!!
    Some New BTS Snaps From The Original STAR WARS
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=87675#Kx2ckZKVCEk8IiRv.99
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Dalton12 wrote:
    Some New BTS Snaps From The Original STAR WARS
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=87675#Kx2ckZKVCEk8IiRv.99

Wow, all new to me!
  • RC7RC7
    I would love to have the Hamill/Cushing one on my wall - 6ft wide.
    This is class:

The BBC should always present their news like this.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The film is to be released on 18 December 2015.

http://starwars.com/news/star-wars-episode-vii-to-open-december-18-2015.html

Another film, Tomorrowland, has a new release date of 22 May 2015, the Star Wars date that for some reason, Episode VII is not getting.
    At least it won't clash with Bond, which will have done the bulk of it's box office by the time Star Wars opens. Let's just hope no other big films are released around this time.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I forgot to add, the film is in 3D as well.

:D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Star Wars at Christmastime. Didn't this happen with particularly bad results in '78?
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 1,310
    A James Bond/Star Wars 2015 holiday season.

Wow-zers.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    It's nice to have an official date. I can't wait for Nov/Dec 2015!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    pachazo wrote:
    It's nice to have an official date. I can't wait for Nov/Dec 2015!

Whoah, I just got back FROM the future... both Bond & Star Wars ROCK! Jaws The Beginning in 3D & Supersensurround not so much.
    November, Bond 24 and Hunger Games, December Star Wars 7. Great Holiday season for movies. I wonder if George Lucas is pissed that Star Wars 7 is coming out in December then May. All the Star Wars films came out in May
  • SJK91 wrote:
    A James Bond/Star Wars 2015 holiday season.

Wow-zers.
    And that's after the run of superhero movies early in the year. 2015 really will be quite the year.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited November 2013 Posts: 7,314
    fjdinardo wrote:
    November, Bond 24 and Hunger Games, December Star Wars 7. Great Holiday season for movies. I wonder if George Lucas is pissed that Star Wars 7 is coming out in December then May. All the Star Wars films came out in May
    Considering that Disney bought Star Wars from him for 4 billion dollars I'm going to say that he's ok with it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    STAR WARS Episode VII-SITH HAPPENS
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    STAR WARS Episode VII-SITH HAPPENS

Bullsith.
    Now is John Williams going to score the new Star Wars film? I feel you cant have a Star Wars film and not have John Williams do the score it just wouldn't feel right
    Yes, he is.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    R2-D2, it is you, it is you!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Samuel001 wrote:

Not too happy with this date. Rather too close to Bond for my liking. Would prefer the summer to leave Bond a free run at the Xmas market.

I think topping SF's billion will be spectacular achievement now with the Star Wars leviathan hoving into view. Then again Bond 24 might sell a few extra tickets on the back of geeks wanting to see the trailer so who knows.
    Samuel001 wrote:

Not too happy with this date. Rather too close to Bond for my liking. Would prefer the summer to leave Bond a free run at the Xmas market.

I think topping SF's billion will be spectacular achievement now with the Star Wars leviathan hoving into view. Then again Bond 24 might sell a few extra tickets on the back of geeks wanting to see the trailer so who knows.

There's also 'Mission: Impossible V' on Christmas that will be really popular after the success of 'Ghost Protocol.' The latter few months of 2015 are going to be so cramped.
    When you people think we'll have a name for Episode VII?
    0013 wrote:
    When you people think we'll have a name for Episode VII?

What do YOU mean, "you people"? ;-)

I'm not sure. Abrams seems to release the titles of his films fairly early, but with a project this large, I'm not sure. When did the 'Star Trek Into Darkness' title get unveiled? I thought that was fairly early, as well.
    Is "you people" wrong? Is it not kulturny?
    0013 wrote:
    Is "you people" wrong? Is it not kulturny?

'Tropic Thunder' quote. Nothing sinister.