Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    JJ has a screenwriter credit on Armageddon! :O
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Here's the official announcement, with statements from Kennedy, Lucas, and Abrams:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99397

Abrams will still produce a third 'Star Trek' movie, and will remain aboard the 'Mission: Impossible' franchise, as well:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99395
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JJ has a screenwriter credit on Armageddon! :O

Was it removed from the DVD case, because I can't find it on mine.
    No idea so gonna ask? Are the new 3 movies set after the originals? As saw a rumour that Maul was in it? Which obviously makes no sense!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Abrams isn't by far the worst of choices for the next SW. Somehow, my interest in this third trilogy has grown substantially.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    RogueAgent wrote:
    No idea so gonna ask? Are the new 3 movies set after the originals? As saw a rumour that Maul was in it? Which obviously makes no sense!

He survived according to the dreadful CGI clone wars series. 8-|
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Murdock wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Uhh...yeah...

How do you survive THIS?!:

And "movie magic" isn't an excuse, George!
    Perhaps he has transformed into two pintsized kick*rse Darth Maulies. ;)

I find it highly amusing that folks are already critisizing the next SW movie when nothing is knwon about the script or the ideas of JJ Abrams. And while GL will be an advisor he will not have the final say nor will he direct any of it, albeit quite possible that Abrams will have his personal hero direct a few scenes.
    Murdock wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Uhh...yeah...

How do you survive THIS?!:

And "movie magic" isn't an excuse, George!

I dunno, I don't bother with the clone wars. Star Wars died after revenge of the sith. I hope JJ Abrams brings new life into Star Wars like he did with Star Trek and Mission Impossible.

Back to Maul.
    there was some BS that he survived and has stupid robot legs and he teams up with his brother or some crap.
  • My favourite Star Trek was the one where Kirk and Spock went back in time by taking the Millenium Falcon at warp speed round the sun of Tattooine, and they went back to San Francisco and Scotty invented lightsabers to cut this transparent aluminium stuff so they could steal a whale and take it back to Coruscant or something. The other one I liked was when Kirk crashed the Enterprise and he was all like 'My god, what have I done??' and there was all this fire and volcanoes and a guy called Khan said he would chase Kirk and Kirk yelled 'Khaaaaan!! Khaaaaaaaan!!' and they fought and Khan fell into some lava and Mr. Kirk said "You were supposed to be the chosen one, you were supposed to fight the Klingons not JOIN them, you were like a brother to me..." and Khan comes back but they put a mask on his face because he was burnt, what was the title of that movie? I want to get it again on DVD...
    @LicenceRevoked, did you receive a knock on the head this morning?
  • bondsum wrote:
    @LicenceRevoked, did you receive a knock on the head this morning?
    :P
  • AliAli
    Latino Review are reporting that Harrison Ford is confirmed to return as Han Solo in ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’. Whether it's just a cameo or something more something they don't know just yet, but according to their sources, it's a done deal. Naturally, until Disney says something none of this is real and this could also just be plain bogus, but it fits into the larger narrative of what has been dripping out over the last few months.

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/15/exclusive-harrison-ford-return-han-solo-star-wars-episode-vii/
    If true it would be so cool! Definately need Fisher and Hamill back though too?!!!
    Hmm , I heard that HF wasn't interested ?

Prequels turned me off SW so I'm indifferent really.
    Carrie Fisher has confirmed that she will appear in director J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars: Episode: VII. She'll probably retract it again until there is a definite locked script and official Disney announcement but here goes anyway...

http://collider.com/carrie-fisher-star-wars-episode-7/
    It would be cool if Leia is a Jedi in this one
    Cool! Any news on Hamill?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I think all the cast will be back in minor roles for VII at least, maybe even all of them.
    This is awesome news! :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, all of them want to return, so I don't see what's stopping them.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 4,813
    If Harrison Freaking Ford is coming back, I'd say the entire rest of the cast is!

Speaking of, if I were to time travel to maybe 10 years ago and said that 'one day Harrison Ford will play Han Solo again' I'd probably be locked in an insane asylum! Chalk that up on my personal top 10 list of things I thought were impossible!
    Murdock wrote:
    Indeed Murdock! This is a great time to be a Star Wars fan!
    If Harrison Freaking Ford is coming back, I'd say the entire rest of the cast is!

Speaking of, if I were to time travel to maybe 10 years ago and said that 'one day Harrison Ford will play Han Solo again' I'd probably be locked in an insane asylum! Chalk that up on my personal top 10 list of things I thought were impossible!
    Murdock wrote:

If you were to time travel 2 years ago and say that, you'd be locked up in an insane asylum.

Murdock wrote:

I just broke out my Classic Star Wars DVD's and started watching the Original Trilogy again. gosh how I missed this. I was clouded with dislike over the prequels for a while I disliked all of star wars for awhile. Empire Strikes Back is my favorite SW movie. :)
    I'm also excited for the new movies. I'm a big fan of Michael Arndt and I'm sure he'll turn in a great screenplay. I'm hoping this brings back some of that excitement to the series that was there before Episode I came out and kind of put the halt on being excited about SW.
    With J.J. Abrams involved, It's already got my vote.
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Cool! Any news on Hamill?
    My guess is he's been on board from day one which was the reason why Lucas broke the story to him first over a private lunch. I also think that Lucas might have told him early so he can start to knock himself into shape and lose some of that pancake and maple syrup flab he's put on over the years. The only reason you haven't heard much from him is that he's probably already signed a non-disclosure contract and is keeping light-lipped about his involvement. That's my guess.
    TheHotMess wrote:

That would make a killer plot for a Clone Wars episode. A movie though...
    Just found this to further my point that Mark Hamil has been signed from day one and it comes from Mr Lucas himself, care of ComicBookMovie.com. “We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison — or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation," reveals Lucas. "So I called them to say, ‘Look, this is what’s going on.’  Maybe I’m not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them.”

Sounds like all of this has indeed been building up to a "whoop-de-do" announcement, so as if to cover himself to allow for the loudest fanfare possible, Lucas adds: “I won’t say whether the negotiations were successful or not.” Lucas also elaborates on what he'll actually be doing in his consulting role on the new movies. “I mostly say, ‘You can’t do this. You can do that,’ ” he explains. “You know, ‘The cars don’t have wheels. They fly with antigravity.’ There’s a million little pieces. Or I can say, ‘He doesn’t have the power to do that, or he has to do this.’ I know all that stuff.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=75318