Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I think he was just tossed around in the rumor pile. I know Spielberg and Abrams are up in the 'rumor mill,' as well.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JJ would be a great choice. He proved that to many with his science fiction films already.
    I've only seen 'Star Trek' once, but I remember it being a really enjoyable film.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I didn't know he was even rumored for directing but I read an article where Ben Affleck confirmed he isn't going to do it.
    Deadline is reporting that Disney and Lucasfilm have approached Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg to write Episodes VIII and IX:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97285
  • Well I actually did a rant about Star Wars, specifically talking about Lucas selling the series to Disney, but I talked about each movie as well. Watch if you'd like:

Jason Mraz? I didn't know you were on MI6Community!
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    Deadline is reporting that Disney and Lucasfilm have approached Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg to write Episodes VIII and IX:

If Kasdan is back on board that's very encouraging, he was definitely missed on the last three movies.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I didn't know he was even rumored for directing but I read an article where Ben Affleck confirmed he isn't going to do it.

Thank God! I don't care if he was the bomb in Phantoms, I don't want Ben Affleck anywhere near Star Wars unless he's playing the Jar Jar who gets beheaded.

Hey, I never thought about this, but I wonder if this will end up putting Star Wars: Detours on a Disney network...
    Creasy47 wrote:

I was rather hoping that Michael Ardnt would stay on as the writer for the other two films in the trilogy, so that we could have natural story progression. Say what you want about Lucas's writing on the prequels, but at least they form a real trilogy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Jason Mraz? I didn't know you were on MI6Community!

HAHA! :))
    @Agent007391, that's how I feel. The continuous flow of one screenwriter would make sense, instead of having it change up - possibly drastically - come the final two films in this new trilogy.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, am I right? Haha. It looks a lot like him, no offense to that poster.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Looks like he is, @Creasy47.

Just off the phone with my fave director & he's buzzing about this Star Wars thing, saying it's his dream gig. I told him to go for it. Mark Millar

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/status/263617736985432064

Looks like Millar's given Vaughn his blessing to sidestep Secret Service in favour of Star Wars.
    Wow, that's very cool. Can't wait to see how it pans out.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Matthew Vaughn directing Star Wars? Given a decent script it could work out well. Let's hope having 'fans' now be the directors doesn't muck it up as badly as the prequels.
  • AliAli
    Have to voice my cynicism. After the sheer disappointment of the prequels, I will be approaching these with caution. And nobody let Lucas anywhere near the casting. I spent the whole of Ep. 2 & 3 cringing everytime Christensen opened his whiny mouth. I have pretty much deleted any association between that teenage loser and the second best villain of all time (J.R. ewing still wins that one.... B-) )
    Christensen is annoying in everything I have seen him in. And I can't even tell why, just something about him...
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Christensen is annoying in everything I have seen him in. And I can't even tell why, just something about him...

It's either his shit acting or his inability to act. I personally think it's the acting.

He can't act. I wish he was a better actor.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

It's either his shit acting or his inability to act. I personally think it's the acting.

He can't act. I wish he was a better actor.

I get the feeling that you're trying to act something out.
  • AliAli

I get the feeling that you're trying to act something out.

More than can be said for Christensen.
    I honestly like the prequels, but the original trilogy is by far better. I even like Episode I even if it is the worst of the saga. I'm sure that's where it will remain for most fans, sort of the DAD for SW.
    I agree that Christensen's acting wasn't very good in the films but he did pull some scenes off well. Such as the romantic scenes in AOTC (yes I enjoy those parts). My main issue with the PT is the dialogue.
  • I have never seen Christensen in anything else- could it be that he is an OK actor and George Lucas is just a bad director? I mean Natalie Portman has some pretty terrible line readings in Star Wars but everyone knows she's a terrific actress.

But not disagreeing, the dude is NOT GOOD in Star Wars
  • I DO hope Harrison comes back.....

339843_960652393121_1684861162_o.jpg
  • AliAli
    I have never seen Christensen in anything else- could it be that he is an OK actor and George Lucas is just a bad director? I mean Natalie Portman has some pretty terrible line readings in Star Wars but everyone knows she's a terrific actress.

Portman pretty much mailed her performance in, and what on Earth was that stupid British accent she was trying to use as Queen Amadala? As for CHristensen, I've only seen him in Jumper, and he was a bit better , but still mumbled and moped his way through the script.
    Ali wrote:
    Portman pretty much mailed her performance in, and what on Earth was that stupid British accent she was trying to use as Queen Amadala?

Same as the one that Carrie Fisher used at times in A New Hope. Notice: Both actresses dropped their attempted accents in the following two films of their respective trilogies.
    Ali wrote:
    As for CHristensen, I've only seen him in Jumper, and he was a bit better , but still mumbled and moped his way through the script.

Honestly, I hated the majority of his performance in Attack of the Clones until about the Geonosian arena, after which his acting strangely seemed to improve. In Revenge of the Sith, he did a pretty damn good job, especially during the first part of the film, on Grievous' ship.

I hated Jumper.
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Jumper is one of the most pointless and paceless films I have seen. Doug Liman does Bourne and Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but falls on his face here. Very inconsistent director.
    I actually enjoyed Jumper. I hear they are making a sequel.
    I actually enjoyed Jumper. I hear they are making a sequel.

[Currently swearing violently and probably breaking things in a blood-filled rage.]
    It's only a rumor, but Luke may return to Yavin 4 in 'Episode VII':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98243
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It's only a rumor, but Luke may return to Yavin 4 in 'Episode VII':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98243

I'm certain they'll return to a few places (but please, I know it's a mainstay of the saga, but please, no more Tatooine). Coruscant, probably Endor, maybe even Cloud City.