Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:
    of course they have faith in their own properties..... but whats the harm in going out and acquiring more?.... Disney pretty much runs the planet now.

OMG

Disney = Quantum!

They have movies everywhere.

Lots of people say that. Spielberg uses that expression! It doesn't mean one of his films is in the bloody room.

This is the world's most precious resource. we need to control as much of it as we can.

Transfer the funds from our Pirates of the Caribbean holdings.

I'm not sure Star Wars is the best use of Disney's time...

Can I offer an opinion? I really think you people should find a better place to meet. I mean, really? A movie theatre?

Star Wars isn't for everyone.

Is he one of ours? Then he shouldn't be discussing with us!

Looks like we lost another one! (to Disney)

Could you do me a favor? You're going to get a phone call in a minute. Would you mind telling them I'm headed for Narnia?

You have some hard friends. This man (Lucas) is some sort of writher, fingers in many pies, and he doesn't leave any crumbs. These men were together?

They're buying up movie franchises, working on something called "Episode VII". Do you know it?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:
    of course they have faith in their own properties..... but whats the harm in going out and acquiring more?.... Disney pretty much runs the planet now.

OMG

Disney = Quantum!

Lots of people say that. Spielberg uses that expression! It doesn't mean one of his films is in the bloody room.

This is the world's most precious resource. we need to control as much of it as we can.

Can I offer an opinion? I really think you people should find a better place to meet. I mean, really? A movie theatre?

Could you do me a favor? You're going to get a phone call in a minute. Would you mind telling them I'm headed for Narnia?

You have some hard friends. This man (Lucas) is some sort of writher, fingers in many pies, and he doesn't leave any crumbs. These men were together?

They were talking about something called the Shadows of the Empire project do you know about it?
    My god. What have we done? What have we created??
    robboadam wrote:
    My god. What have we done? What have we created??

The best forum troll fest ever created with a Bond theme!
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:

OMG

Disney = Quantum!

They're buying up movie franchises, working on something called "Episode VII". Do you know it?

That's Bob Iger you don't know him?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    HASEROT wrote:

OMG

Disney = Quantum!

Should I?
  • I wonder if Lucas was finally tired of all the hate from (former) fans?

Left with his tail between his legs.... all the way to the bank.

lucas.jpg?t=1351718653
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

OMG

Disney = Quantum!

Should I?

I suppose not. You haven't been watching movies as long as I have.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Right up until the moment they betrayed Fox.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

OMG

Disney = Quantum!

Should I?

There will be a new entertainment company dominating the world. DUN NA NA, DUN NA NA!
  • Murdock wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

OMG

Disney = Quantum!

Should I?

There will be a new entertainment company dominating the world. DUN NA NA, DUN NA NA!

You want a sleeping pill? Pain pill? I have pills for everything. Some make you taller, some make you see pink elephants on parade.
    Do you think Disney may approach Hamill, Ford, or Fisher to reprise there roles as much older charactors so they can help pass the baton to the new cast?
  • I was just wondering that myself-- I even goodled some of the actors to see how they currently looked. (some weren't' pretty- but salvageable) Would Harrison, being the biggest star, even be interested?

There are definitely stories out there involving Luke Han & Leia as older characters but I wonder if Disney would rather use all new characters? I'm actually kind of excited about the possibilities!
    Be interesting hey? They wouldn't even have to have massive roles? However it would be a nice touch though? But would it still be a Sith threat?
  • http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/31/mark-hamill-star-wars-episode-vii-disney/

Here Mark Hamill discusses a time this past summer when he and George Lucas had a nice Star Wars chat-- you better believe they talked about way more than he's letting on!
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/31/mark-hamill-star-wars-episode-vii-disney/

Here Mark Hamill discusses a time this past summer when he and George Lucas had a nice Star Wars chat-- you better believe they talked about way more than he's letting on!

Very interesting! I agree, he knows more than that!
  • Murdock wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

OMG

Disney = Quantum!

Should I?

You want a sleeping pill? Pain pill? I have pills for everything. Some make you taller, some make you see pink elephants on parade.

Is quoting so many people even legal?
  • Robs9090 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    robboadam wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

OMG

Disney = Quantum!

Should I?

Is quoting so many people even legal?

I will make it legal!
  • No, I think the quoting is all done haha. 19 seems to be the limit...
  • I'd like to see them do a whole new saga set during the early days of the Old Republic, but I doubt that they'll do that, at least not yet. I suppose that they should use Hamill, Ford, and Fisher while they're still available, but to have a whole sequel trilogy center around them would be difficult at their age, so they should be in the films, but maybe the drivers of the films action could be their children.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I think Harrison dislikes Star Wars just like Alec Guinness did.

George: 'So Harrison, would you be interested in coming b--'

harrison-ford-finger-point-2.jpg
    I honestly think it will be a clean approach. Completely new and unrelated story.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I think Harrison dislikes Star Wars just like Alec Guinness did.

George: 'So Harrison, would you be interested in coming b--'

harrison-ford-finger-point-2.jpg

lol that was good.

As for Alac Guinness not liking Star Wars, that's the first I've heard of it. From many things I've read he loved the trilogy and he had fun playing Obi-Wan.

• edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Yeah he thought all of his lines were stupid (called it 'mumbo jumbo', lol) and hated that even though he had some great roles in his career, after Star Wars the general moviegoing public seemed to only know him for Obi-Wan. Which I can appreciate being frustrating, not liking the character in the first place

At least Harrison is widely recognized for a number of great characters.

*both Alec & Harrison begged Lucas to kill their characters. He did kill Obi-Wan... for all the good that did.... ;)
    Yeah he thought all of his lines were stupid (called it 'mumbo jumbo', lol) and hated that even though he had some great roles in his career, after Star Wars the general moviegoing public seemed to only know him for Obi-Wan. Which I can appreciate being frustrating, not liking the character in the first place

At least Harrison is widely recognized for a number of great characters.

*both Alec & Harrison begged Lucas to kill their characters. He did kill Obi-Wan... for all the good that did.... ;)

The reality of whether or not Alec Guinness liked his role will be left to the wind. Some sources (George Lucas, Mark Hamill) say he loved his role, others (such as Guinness himself, though that may have just been for the cameras) say he hated it. I, personally, think that he, if nothing, liked the paycheck for the role (something had to keep him coming back to play a blue guy).

Harrison Ford, on the other hand, I felt liked his role. I've often seen him speak highly of it, though he wishes he remembered for other roles. Mark Hamill will never get past his roles as either Luke Skywalker or the Joker, so that's that.
    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/31/mark-hamill-star-wars-episode-vii-disney/

Very interesting! I agree, he knows more than that!
  • Not sure what Expanded Universe story these images are from, but there are tons of stories which feature Luke, Han and gang as older, still very active Rebels. Could such a thing actually be possible??? Harrison is good to go (if he's interested) and it sure wouldn't take too much for Mark & Carrie to get into ass-kicking shape again

Hanherostrial.jpg
    Luke_Skywalker_Vong_Wars.jpg

That said, I don't want this new trilogy to be all about them-- I just hope they are a part of it.
    Not sure what Expanded Universe story these images are from, but there are tons of stories which feature Luke, Han and gang as older, still very active Rebels. Could such a thing actually be possible??? Harrison is good to go (if he's interested) and it sure wouldn't take too much for Mark & Carrie to get into ass-kicking shape again

Hanherostrial.jpg
    Luke_Skywalker_Vong_Wars.jpg

That said, I don't want this new trilogy to be all about them-- I just hope they are a part of it.

I agree, they should perhaps be just in the first one if invited back? Just to usher in the NEW main charactors, whoever that will be?
    Why does the first one look an awful lot like the poster for Blade Runner.
  • If you think about it, we can predict the way the new trilogy will go.

It's not a new story per se - it's parts 7-9 of the existing one. It will mirror the original and prequel trilogies the way they mirrored each other.

I think it's a safe bet - and I'm sure everyone does - Luke Skywalker will be back in a Ben Kenobi role. He will be mentoring the main character, who I predict will be a young female Jedi, not unlike Ashoka Tano in the Clone Wars TV series.