Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• RC7RC7
    edited November 2012 Posts: 10,512
    I want David Fincher to direct either EP:VII, VIII or IX. I think they should have a different director for each. Not sure about Vaughn. I like him as a director but I think it needs a bolder story teller, the VFX make themselves at the end of the day.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    edited November 2012 Posts: 578
    Risico007 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I'm all in.

150 million in the pot

Gentlemen, showdown, please.[/quote]

Flush. Ace, King, Queen.
    Full House. Eight's full of Aces.
    A higher full house. Aces full of sixes.
    Monsieur Bond?
    Five and seven of spades. Straight flush. Four to the eight. The high hand.
    Monsieur Bond wins.

That scene is cleared up.
  • My ranking of the Star Wars movies:

1. A New Hope
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. Attack of The Clones
    4. The Phantom Menace
    5. Return of The Jedi
    6. Revenge of The Sith
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    My ranking of the Star Wars movies:

1. A New Hope
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. Attack of The Clones (What?)
    4. The Phantom Menace (Double What?)
    5. Return of The Jedi
    6. Revenge of The Sith

You actually prefer Phantom Menace to Revenge of the Sith and Return of the Jedi?
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Do yourselves a favor and check this page out- there are so many rare images and it really is a nostalgic trip down memory lane!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/starwarsrarevintagephotos/photos/
    Carrie was soooo cute and Harrison seems like a cool guy on camera and off! My favorite shot of him is the one where he's in his Han Solo pants.... and a tank top!

1361_43708430666_3905_n.jpg
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 469
    [code][ do hope now disney have bought it like most things !! They do a version of star wars as the muppets. Check this one out for SAW
    My list of possible Star Wars directors:
    Chris Columbus
    Ron Howard
    Frank Darabont
    Gore Verbinski
    Brian De Palma
    Joe Dante
    Steven Spielberg
    Rupert Wyatt

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    bondsum wrote:
    My list of possible Star Wars directors:
    Chris Columbus
    Ron Howard
    Frank Darabont
    Gore Verbinski
    Brian De Palma
    Joe Dante
    Steven Spielberg
    Rupert Wyatt

I'll take Howard (I loved Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons) for VII, Verbinksi (though I hated Pirates of the Caribbean, I always thought the directing was good, and Rango was great), wrapping up IX with either De Palma or Spielberg (both are good with action, yet great with character moments), all tied together with Darabont writing them.
  • Hee hee

disney-princess-leia.jpg
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Will Williams do the scores? Not likely.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote:

You never know that. Just Because Disney owns it doesn't mean they will get rid of the production team. Look at the marvel movies. They have the same production teams despite being owned by disney.
  • I feel like Williams is necessary...
    I feel like Williams is necessary...
    Agreed, his music defines Star Wars. I've never played a Star Wars videogame that didn't use Williams's Scores in the game.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I agree with you guys but he is 80...
    Murdock wrote:
    I feel like Williams is necessary...
    Agreed, his music defines Star Wars. I've never played a Star Wars videogame that didn't use Williams's Scores in the game.

The The Clone Wars-based games use Kevin Kiner's music.

If they don't bring back Williams, I want one of three people:

Kevin Kiner (he does great work in The Clone Wars)
    Don Davis (his Jurassic Park III score meshes perfectly with Williams' JPI & JPII scores)
    Joel McNeely (Shadows of the Empire's soundtrack was awesome)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Really? Wow...I thought he was in his early 70's. I think Joel McNeely would be the perfect choice as mentioned above. Plus, the Shadows of the Empire soundtrack inspired Williams for the Episode 3 score.
    Murdock wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Really? Wow...I thought he was in his early 70's. I think Joel McNeely would be the perfect choice as mentioned above. Plus, the Shadows of the Empire soundtrack inspired Williams for the Episode 3 score.

I've heard that the whole "Shadows inspired EpIII's score" thing was just an unconfirmed rumor. I personally think it's true, because I can hear similarities, but I've just heard that it's a rumor.
    Basically what I read is that The EPIII score is Williams "Shadows of the Empire" I read it on Wookipedia or somewhere like that long ago.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:

I agree. He won't return and these new films will usher in a brand new production team - for better or worse...
    Hopefully, if he doesn't, they bring in a composer who can carry the excellent torch lit by John Williams.

I will add one more to my list from before. Howard Shore, because his LOTR scores are just fan-damn-tastic.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Michael Arndt will write Star Wars: Episode VII.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Michael Arndt will write Star Wars: Episode VII.

I liked toy story 3 and felt it was better then 1 and even 2 so I am ok with this choice honestly
  • Murdock wrote:

You have some hard friends. This man (Lucas) is some sort of writher, fingers in many pies, and he doesn't leave any crumbs. These men were together?

They're buying up movie franchises, working on something called "Episode VII". Do you know it?

That's Bob Iger you don't know him?

Should I?

I suppose not. You haven't been watching movies as long as I have.

There will be a new entertainment company dominating the world. DUN NA NA, DUN NA NA!

You want a sleeping pill? Pain pill? I have pills for everything. Some make you taller, some make you see pink elephants on parade.

Mr. Lucas, my name is Vaughn. I'm from the consulate.
    Murdock wrote:

You have some hard friends. This man (Lucas) is some sort of writher, fingers in many pies, and he doesn't leave any crumbs. These men were together?

They're buying up movie franchises, working on something called "Episode VII". Do you know it?

Should I?

There will be a new entertainment company dominating the world. DUN NA NA, DUN NA NA!

You want a sleeping pill? Pain pill? I have pills for everything. Some make you taller, some make you see pink elephants on parade.

Of course you are and what do you do at the consulate Mr. Vaughn
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Should I?

That's not important. My orders are to stop you from ruining the Star Wars franchise anymore and put you back on the first plane to Skywalker Ranch.
    Risico007 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Should I?

That's not important. My orders are to stop you from ruining the Star Wars franchise anymore and put you back on the first plane to Skywalker Ranch.

And when is the first flight back to Skywalker Ranch?
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Should I?

And when is the first flight back to Skywalker Ranch?

If you attempt to flee I will arrest, strap you to a chair and force you to watch the original trilogy on VHS without any cuts or edits, understand?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If I had a nickel for every time someone said "does this mean Leia is a Disney princess" I would be dirty stinkin' rich. It is eye roll inducing. I don't know what this means for the future, but as for Star Wars, the original trilogy is what I like. They have all my most beloved characters, and were bloody impressive for their time, and exceedingly so.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Brad Bird has confirmed that he won't direct 'Episode VII':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97180
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Brad Bird has confirmed that he won't direct 'Episode VII':

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=97180

Was he in the running? Hmm... Who else is being tossed around?