Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

The latest episode The Big Bang Theory featured both James Earl Jones and Carrie Fisher.

I have to say that the plastic surgery hasn't done her many favours one bit. It's made her look much older than her 57 years.

I understand the fanboys are creaming at the thought of bringing back the original cast for the new films, but I think this misplaced nostalgia could turn it into a negative.

A fair amount of make-up and CGI may be required!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    I think they will only have small parts when the entire film is looked at as a whole. I'm not worrying about it too much.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Yes. It depends on how they are used. I wouldn't mind seeing them have supporting roles as long as it is relevant to the story and not just for the sake of nostalgia. It might be neat to see them "pass the torch" to a new generation as long as they remain in the background for most of the film. Abrams did this well with Leonard Nimoy in ST 09 so I'm hoping that he can do it again.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I think they will only have small parts when the entire film is looked at as a whole. I'm not worrying about it too much.

Abrams has said he wants Episode VII to star the Big 3 (Hamill, Fisher, and Ford) and then Episodes VIII and IX will star their children.

edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    It may seem a bit uneven, if so.

Not long now until we find out who has been cast.
  • My ranking:

ANH
    TESB
    ROTJ
    ROTS
    TPM/AOTC- Both equally bad

People can say what they want about Bond films like DAD, TMWTGG and AVTAK, but at least they were entertaining, had good villains, a good leading man and coherent plots. I've seen those first two prequels a few times and I couldn't really tell you what they are about. Thank God Lucas won't be writing or directing episode VII, he just sucks as a filmmaker, apart from ANH. ROTS was an improvement because he got some other guy to help him write it.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 2,782

http://geektyrant.com/news/architect-of-death-star-speaks-out-about-vents-in-open-letter?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Great open letter from the engineer who designed the exhaust 'plot' hole for the death star.

Nsfw.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I still wonder if this new trilogy was all that necessary.
    Walecs wrote:

The last one certainly wasn't!
    Episode VII to begin filming at Pinewood Studios in May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26639322
    Walecs wrote:

The last one certainly wasn't!

Regardless the quality of the movies, the story was necessary to explain how Anakin became Darth Vader, and to tell the rise of the Empire.

The new trilogy, on the other hand, fells, to me, pretty pointless. The Empire has been defeated, Anakin Skywalker brought balance to the Force.
    edited March 2014 Posts: 3,157
    double post, please delete
    Episode VII to begin filming at Pinewood Studios in May.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26639322

Most likely why Bond 24 is not filming until November and not October? :-?
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Star Wars films from May until September, so there would have been no crossover anyway. The delay could well be due to the right snowy weather conditions, who knows?
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Star Wars films from May until September, so there would have been no crossover anyway. The delay could well be due to the right snowy weather conditions, who knows?

It's great fun at speculating though! :-bd
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Walecs wrote:
    Regardless the quality of the movies, the story was necessary to explain how Anakin became Darth Vader, and to tell the rise of the Empire.

The new trilogy, on the other hand, fells, to me, pretty pointless. The Empire has been defeated, Anakin Skywalker brought balance to the Force.
    From a story standpoint I agree with you. However, the reality is that some things are better left to the imagination and we really didn't need to see how Anakin became Darth Vader. Perhaps Episode VII will be the Star Wars sequel that we have all been waiting for. Perhaps. Only time will tell.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    JJ Abrams has a film-making style that's like, let's just get this thing moving! Not everything has to be explained. Not everything has to make sense. While this style arguably isn't great for Star Trek, IMO it's perfect for Star Wars. I'm confident that there won't be a boring moment in his films.
    I can't wait.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Cucumberbatch will not be in SW7, he has now revealed to some Australian site called The Iris. Someone else presumably got the part.
    We should know the cast within weeks. Filming with them begins soon.
    Peter Mayhew was recently confirmed to reprise his role as the dog of Han Solo.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Let's hope SW7 features plenty of walking carpet- the kind you want in your way.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I love Harrison. One of a kind charisma.
    A bit worried about what he said a few years ago.
    The only way he will return to Star Wars is if they kill off Han Solo
    A bit worried about what he said a few years ago.
    The only way he will return to Star Wars is if they kill off Han Solo

Happens to us all! ;)
    Some comfort in that, yeah.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 4,813
    I'm a bit more comfortable with Solo dieing now, than in 1983 though.

harrison-ford-7.jpg
    I'm a bit more comfortable with Solo dieing now, than in 1983 though.

harrison-ford-7.jpg

:)) Wonder what it is he has read? ;)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Not done this yet, so-

1- Star Wars: A New Hope
    2- Empire Strikes Back
    3- Return of the Jedi
    4- Revenge of the Sith
    5- Attack of the Clones
    6- The Phantom Menace
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    So, in order, then reverse...