Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    As many many of my fellow Star Wars fans and gamers may know, Visceral Games was in development of a new story driven Star Wars game and had previously released brief footage of the game. Amy Hennig, the writer and director behind the Uncharted series, was helping craft the story, which was set to be released in 2019. Now EA has closed down Visceral and is taking over its development. EA's president has said that they will use much of what has been made but, "We need to pivot the design."

http://nerdist.com/ea-visceral-close-star-wars-game-delay-amy-hennig/

So I guess this will mean less story, more multiplayer, and micro-transactions.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @QsAssistant, spot on. It'll be more of what helps EA pocket more cash, and less of a proper, single-player driven adventure.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Is it just me? I have no plans to go see Solo no matter who directs it...
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Is it just me? I have no plans to go see Solo no matter who directs it...

You're not the only one. I'll probably see it for free some day digitally, but I currently have no interest in it - it's simply unnecessary, one of the last characters I need an origin story for.
    A movie I'd like to see is Young Rick Deckard: Before The Blade. ;)

And of course, a prequel regarding the food vendor that hooks him up with some noodles in the beginning of the film. I demand to know where he got his start in the culinary arts.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

And of course, a prequel regarding the food vendor that hooks him up with some noodles in the beginning of the film. I demand to know where he got his start in the culinary arts.

LOL!!!! Didn't see that one comin'! Almost peed my kilt...
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Benny wrote: »
    Been discussing with my boy about the new Solo film, we think that Kessel Runner : A Star Wars story would be a little more imaginative than Solo.
    Not the worst, but Solo isn't very original

Do you think people will realize it's a Star Wars movie about Han Solo though? I don't know why they removed his first name.
    pachazo wrote: »
    Been discussing with my boy about the new Solo film, we think that Kessel Runner : A Star Wars story would be a little more imaginative than Solo.

Do you think people will realize it's a Star Wars movie about Han Solo though? I don't know why they removed his first name.

Well I assume when they see the full title with "A Star Wars Story" they'll know. And probably when they see Chewie.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice

Well I assume when they see the full title with "A Star Wars Story" they'll know. And probably when they see Chewie.

That's a great point. They really should have Chewbacca's name in the title as well.

That's a great point. They really should have Chewbacca's name in the title as well.

They should've called it "Han & Chewie" and gave the film a "Turner & Hooch" spin.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I see a pattern emerging with Star Wars spin offs...

Solo: A Star Wars Story
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

• pachazo wrote: »

They should've called it "Han & Chewie" and gave the film a "Turner & Hooch" spin.
    Calvin & Hobbes ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

2D11884043-cuije-6-16x9.today-inline-large.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Are these new movie stills?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    They should have called it Cantina Royale. Where a rookie smuggler Han would have constant trust issues with Jabba while trying to win the Aluminium Falcon against Lando. :))
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,521

Yeah I believe from the pre title sequence, these are the new scenes Richie Cunningham did

The Fonz has a cameo...

19425435_481340222214163_4906276287661735936_n.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2017 Posts: 8,152

That's a Flashback.
    Do we get the backstory on chewie? Like Solo Sr getting him from spacekennel, when Han was a little boy...
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The very first Box Office predictions for The Last Jedi are tracking for a $200+ million domestic opening weekend.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    That's crazy big! Let's hit 3 billion and beat Avatar!

Don't forget the next spin off, which will be about Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Don't forget the next spin off, which will be about Obi-Wan Kenobi.

True ;)
    This will be big.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi's American release date is now 50 days away.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That gives me 49 days to see how many books I can read before then.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited October 2017 Posts: 45,489
    2082309cf3f552f5510522dce8fddf91.jpg

This is a racoon, right?
    databank_rancor_01_169_251b682f.jpeg?region=0%2C49%2C1560%2C780

$