Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    For those awaiting the new trailer, apparently it will debut during Monday Night Football.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    For those awaiting the new trailer, apparently it will debut during Monday Night Football.

Guess I will watch over breakfast then?!!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    It will drop early hours in the UK I will watch it simply as what I have seen so far has not peaked my interest
    star-wars-the-last-jedi-poster-700x1037.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Luke looks like the friggen Emperor there.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Ooh, can't wait for this!
    That spoiled a lot!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »
    Ooh, can't wait for this!

Same
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,395
    Well it serves me right for watching that there were warnings

tenor.gif
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Watched it, liked it, looking forward to it.
    Bring on December.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I told myself that I wasn't going to watch it, but I'm seriously being tempted by the dark side right now. I've noticed that some of you came away disappointed though. Does it reveal too much?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Not watched it yet will give it the 40" 4K treatment tonight.

Tickets booked 16/12 3pm, standard screen as they are only doing IMAX 3D and I don't do 3D.

My brother says the trailer is off the charts but not as spoilery as is being made out, guess I'll find out tonight.

pachazo wrote: »
    I told myself that I wasn't going to watch it, but I'm seriously being tempted by the dark side right now. I've noticed that some of you came away disappointed though. Does it reveal too much?

I think it reveals alot more than I was expecting, though some of it could be a misdirect
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't feel it did. I've watched both trailers multiple times, and I still don't think I know exactly what's going on, and a good portion of the movie has yet to be shown.
    uhm what is the deal with that penguin thing
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Love the poster! So far I'm resisting the urge to watch the new trailer. It's going to be a long couple of months!
  • pachazo wrote: »

I said the same thing all day yesterday and immediately watched it when it was released! My powers are weak! :))
    Risico007 wrote: »

That's a porg. No need for spoilers, they've been in the film's marketing for awhile now.

So pumped for this, roll on this December!
    star-wars-the-last-jedi-poster-700x1037.jpg

I do love this poster! Luke is looking the business here!
    Risico007 wrote: »

prequel trilogy: Jar Jar
    original trilogy: ewoks
    sequel trilogy: progs

it's like poetry.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Never thought I'd see the day when they let an unrealistic CGI alien sit in the Millennium Falcon cockpit....
  • Someone pointed this out to me- now it’s hard not to see it!

DLv0PD3XcAEGqqS?format=jpg
    Never thought I'd see the day when they let an unrealistic CGI alien sit in the Millennium Falcon cockpit....

That I must admit fills me with a Jar Jar Binks moment! That is the Disney element front and centre I'm afraid.
    Looking very different to TFA, the trailer actually took me by surprise not what I expected but in a good way.

I think there is some mis-direction in there, scenes with dialogue from other scenes over the top.

Little over to months to go, this should tie us over nicely till then and still plenty not revealed like Del Toro to go into the film with no real knowledge of his character.
    RogueAgent wrote: »

That I must admit fills me with a Jar Jar Binks moment! That is the Disney element front and centre I'm afraid.

Bollocks it happened with Lucas as well so do not go and blame Dsiney suddenly. The new SW movies were well better than that prequel malarkey Lucas served us.

The new movies so far have proved that Disney handles the franchise with a lot of care. And if they make a buck with it, fine it is a business after all.
    Yeah I have to agree Lucas was pandering to that kind of thing long before Disney got their hands on the property.

I know some of the younger member and maybe some of the older ones seems to rate the prequels to me and many others they were just plain dire.

I admit TFA was a bit like a remake of Star Wars ( what they called it when I saw it back in 1978) but I left the cinema for the first time in decades satisfied and entertained despite it's flaws.

Rian Johnson looks like though from this trailer he's going to deliver quite a different SW film to that, here's hoping anyway.
  • I was thinking about those Porgs. They’re supposed to be the new cute thing, like the droids, Yoda & the Ewoks were.
    They’re native to that planet Luke was hiding out on, right?

So isn’t it a strong possibility that Luke has spent years eating those things?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Let the porg flow through you. =))