Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

I agree. Disney has so far made two solid entries. Much better than Lucas could do today.

Prequels had some cool stuff in them, but as a whole the movies felt like they belong to a whole different universe. Prequels were too heavy on cgi and too futuristic and cartoony to really feel like they were the same saga as ANH, TESB and ROTJ.

When Lucas took a notice how he could create a whole new places and characters with using only cgi, it all went downhill. Gone were the humane chacacters, replaced by characters played by (bad) actors, who were not given enough guidance to portray their characters as human beings. Instead we got racial stereotype tradefederation types and rastafari reptilian/goofy cartoon characters.

Disney has kept the original trilogy's aesthetics and has given us more human characters and the movies feel like they follow characters in the same universe.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,490
    First time watch of the new trailer in 4K sent shivers through me it's awesome
    when Rey sabre ignites you can here the Emperor's scream/roar. I suspect that Luke is eluding to either Vader or Palpatine when he talks of seeing another with raw power.

Though I have zero interest in Poe, Finn and Phasma at this point, though that's based on how the characters were written in TFA.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Never thought I'd see the day when they let an unrealistic CGI alien sit in the Millennium Falcon cockpit....

That I must admit fills me with a Jar Jar Binks moment! That is the Disney element front and centre I'm afraid.

Bollocks it happened with Lucas as well so do not go and blame Dsiney suddenly. The new SW movies were well better than that prequel malarkey Lucas served us.

The new movies so far have proved that Disney handles the franchise with a lot of care. And if they make a buck with it, fine it is a business after all.

Lol! Wow? Who rattled your cage? Never suggested Lucas didn't which is why I highlighted Jar Jar Binks let alone the Ewoks! So take a step back and calm down.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    lastjeditrailer-3.gif
    'Buy me! Buy Me!'

Star Wars certainly have a formula lol
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    lastjeditrailer-3.gif
    SKN+Seal+Slaughter+CR+COI+ER.jpg?v=1500325817000
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I said I wouldn't watch the new trailer, because I didn't want anything spoiled, but this is hard. I think I might have to watch it tonight. Plus, I keep seeing images pop up all over the internet.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    IMDB currently lists a 2 hours and 30 minutes runtime for The Last Jedi on the film's specific page.
    Can those of you who have seen the new trailer comment on something for me? I've been told by someone that there is a big spoiler reveal at the end of the trailer that could ruin the movie experience for me. Is this true? Is there a major reveal at some point in the trailer? This could be a deciding factor in me watching it.
  • Partly true. Many are claiming we’re actually looking at two different scenes from different points in the movie, made to look like one scene (does that make sense?)
    Sort of intentionally misleading, really
    I don't know what to do!!! I was able to avoid Blade Runner 2049 trailers after the release of the first one but this is different. This is Star Wars! Knowing that the new trailer is only few clicks away is almost impossible for me to resist... I think I need a support group.
  • As someone who told himself he wouldn’t watch, then did anyway almost immediately, it didn’t spoil anything for me. It just got me more excited to see it!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't know what to do!!! I was able to avoid Blade Runner 2049 trailers after the release of the first one but this is different. This is Star Wars! Knowing that the new trailer is only few clicks away is almost impossible for me to resist... I think I need a support group.

Hey, if you cave and watch it now, at least you'll feel better about it, compared to lasting an entire month and caving then!
    @Master_Dahark That actually helps a lot. Thanks! I may have to watch it tonight when I get off work. Plus, it's hard avoiding anything from the trailer. I keep seeing images from the trailer everywhere. Like the Porgs and some sort of crystal dog/wolf like thing.
    After I watch it my new goal will be to only watch it once and avoid all things that talk about it.
    I've never read the Tag and Bink comic book but isn't one a white guy and the other a black guy? It looks like the two people they got to play them are both white...
    I've never read the Tag and Bink comic book but isn't one a white guy and the other a black guy? It looks like the two people they got to play them are both white...

Those racist pigs.
    Yeah, Disney are nazis.
    The official title of the Han Solo movie is...

Solo: A Star Wars Story

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Official_Title_Revealed_Solo_A_Star_Wars_Story_176161.asp\

Honestly we waited a really long time for such a generic title. But whatever, as long as the movie is good!
    So Rogue ONE, a SW story.Then SOLO,a SW story. And what next? Obi-WAN, a SW story?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    bo036-solo-uk-cover-large.jpg?itok=lNIbiA6v

Bond was first.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/Official_Title_Revealed_Solo_A_Star_Wars_Story_176161.asp\

Honestly we waited a really long time for such a generic title. But whatever, as long as the movie is good!

Wow that's underwhelming, we already know Han Solo's story

RgYUBi7.gif
    So Rogue ONE, a SW story.Then SOLO,a SW story. And what next? Obi-WAN, a SW story?

Not forgetting Star Wars: A Star Wars Story
    edited October 2017 Posts: 1,812

Not forgetting Star Wars: A Star Wars Story

Don't forget about its sequel Star Wars: War Stars: A Star Wars Story

I guessed it ages ago. The whole "A Star Wars Story" had already been laid out, so this title was hardly a surprise to me.
    That title was featured several months prior on all the crew shirts for the film, so it's no surprise.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm waiting for Star Trek Wars and it's sequel The Star Wars Trek.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Solo Wars : A Bantha Poodoo Story.
    If the Han Solo origin films are indeed going to be a trilogy...

Duo: A Star Wars Story
    Trio: A Star Wars Story
    Boba Fett movie. Make it so.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    If the Han Solo origin films are indeed going to be a trilogy...

Duo: A Star Wars Story
    Trio: A Star Wars Story

It's like poetry, it rhymes.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Been discussing with my boy about the new Solo film, we think that Kessel Runner : A Star Wars story would be a little more imaginative than Solo.
    Not the worst, but Solo isn't very original