Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Watch them all. You'll hit many bumps along the way, but even then, you'll find quality animation and just spend those 20 minutes of mediocre story packed with visual wonder you never thought possible on a TV budget.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,271
    Watch them all. You'll hit many bumps along the way, but even then, you'll find quality animation and just spend those 20 minutes of mediocre story packed with visual wonder you never thought possible on a TV budget.

I heard that the latter seasons of Clone Wars are much better, I'll have a go at watching Clone Wars from start when I finish Rebels S3 (first episode was good, I like Ezra's arc)

Edited: Steps into the Shadow part 2 was awesome
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I heard that the latter seasons of Clone Wars are much better, I'll have a go at watching Clone Wars from start when I finish Rebels S3 (first episode was good, I like Ezra's arc)

Even in the latter seasons, there are several bad episodes. (I think you probably noticed from the Rebels episode "Droids in Distress" that maybe C-3PO and R2-D2's antics should probably have been left to the movies.) But there's a definite improvement in the quality of the episodes later on. The series takes a far more interesting (and chronological) turn at the second half of season 3.

I'll warn you, though, when you see the detail they cram into Clone Wars, you'll probably be a little disappointed with Rebels, even though that show has fantastic animation all on its own.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Even in the latter seasons, there are several bad episodes. (I think you probably noticed from the Rebels episode "Droids in Distress" that maybe C-3PO and R2-D2's antics should probably have been left to the movies.) But there's a definite improvement in the quality of the episodes later on. The series takes a far more interesting (and chronological) turn at the second half of season 3.

I'll warn you, though, when you see the detail they cram into Clone Wars, you'll probably be a little disappointed with Rebels, even though that show has fantastic animation all on its own.

I enjoy Rebels though it is straight forward story telling, Rebels episodes fly by. I guess with Clone Wars being in between Episodes II and III there are plenty of ideas to mine.
    Believe me, Rebels being more straightforward is a blessing. There were times when I wanted Clone Wars to focus more on Anakin and Ahsoka, and then there'd be a Mace episode, or a bounty hunter episode.

You'll come to understand just why Captain Rex is the best clone through Clone Wars, though.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns

I used to be very sceptic about CLONE WARS but I must admit that I had a blast with that series, especially since season 2. There are some really amazing episodes you'll encounter through the series. Some great characters and conflicts, like Ventress and her Nightsisters fighting Dooku, make this worth your time. I was drawn in so much that I couldn't even wait to read the books based on unfinished episodes. In my opinion, the series is a lot better than what the pilot movie delivers and in fact, I probably like it more than Episode II even.

Is REBELS better? I don't know. That series has Thrawn. :D But it's a different phase in the STAR WARS saga with (mostly) different characters and conflicts. I guess I love them both equally well.
    I have the Clone Wars pilot movie on dvd, I watched a few early episodes also though gave up. I'll definitely give it another go on your recommendations.
    :))

Some swearing...
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I have the Clone Wars pilot movie on dvd, I watched a few early episodes also though gave up. I'll definitely give it another go on your recommendations.

It's been said already but the first two seasons, especially the first, have the weakest animation but from three on it's really good. Clone Wars is easily better than Rebels. In TCW we don't just follow Jedi heroes and their close friends, we also follow some clone troopers and occasionally the villains. I felt like the show became a lot less kid friendly by season three. Season six, or what is called The Lost Missions since the show was cancelled, has some really important episodes for Order 66 and the Force.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,271

It's been said already but the first two seasons, especially the first, have the weakest animation but from three on it's really good. Clone Wars is easily better than Rebels. In TCW we don't just follow Jedi heroes and their close friends, we also follow some clone troopers and occasionally the villains. I felt like the show became a lot less kid friendly by season three. Season six, or what is called The Lost Missions since the show was cancelled, has some really important episodes for Order 66 and the Force.

Interesting cheers for that I may watch key episodes only from the first 2 seasons on Clone Wars and focus on full seasons from season 3 onwards
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @QsAssistant is spot-on! Enjoy the series.

giphy-downsized-large_2.gif?itok=tIBbe1Pi
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Very nice.
    BREAKING: Episode IX needs a new director
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/05/star-wars-episode-ix-colin-trevorrow-out-as-director

My prediction: Rian or JJ will return to finish off the trilogy. Can't imagine somebody new coming in to handle such a delicate film less than 2 years from release (Can you believe this film will be out before Bond 25??)
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    BREAKING: Episode IX needs a new director
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/05/star-wars-episode-ix-colin-trevorrow-out-as-director

My prediction: Rian or JJ will return to finish off the trilogy. Can't imagine somebody new coming in to handle such a delicate film less than 2 years from release (Can you believe this film will be out before Bond 25??)

Interesting there were rumbles about this a few months back, this seems to be a Disney trend with there directors.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    They seem to have a tight rein on their vision and directors who clash with that are out.
    I guess Disney are getting better at identifying potential issues, at least this time half a movie has not been completed.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'm quite relieved about this, personally. Trevorrow shouldn't have got the job in the first place.
    I'm quite relieved about this, personally. Trevorrow shouldn't have got the job in the first place.

Only familiar with Jurassic World that he did though it was a generic movie, one thing I was positive about regarding Trevorrow's Episode IX was that he was going to shoot the movie in 65mm film.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Disclaimer: ive never watched a star wars film in its entirety.

Just popping in to say that its a shame for Trevorrow. I know it was his dream to direct a star wars. It irked me how much he mentioned SW whilst promoting Jurassic world but getting your dream job and then being sacked? I can't imagine.
    This adds to my nerves about fallen kingdom with him writing the script. As the biggest jurassic park fan i wanted to love JW but its just so poor.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited September 2017 Posts: 8,079
    That little pingu looking thing is adorable. I hopes that's a major part of the story.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I guess Disney are getting better at identifying potential issues, at least this time half a movie has not been completed.
    Right? That's just what I was thinking as well. Honestly, I hope this movie is delayed now. Don't rush to meet that May 2019 deadline. Take your time and make a quality film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Not remotely upset by this. I wonder if Abrams or Johnson may return for IX then.
    pachazo wrote: »
    Right? That's just what I was thinking as well. Honestly, I hope this movie is delayed now. Don't rush to meet that May 2019 deadline. Take your time and make a quality film.

I would be all for the 3 year wait a Star Wars film every year causes Star Wars fatigue for me, though give it time we will end up getting two Star Wars films a year from Disney.
    I wouldn't be surprised if FanBoy Abram's got the job.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Reportedly they are really happy with Johnson. In fact, hes the only director so far they haven't had friction with.
    Reportedly they are really happy with Johnson. In fact, hes the only director so far they haven't had friction with.

I could see them bringing him back for the last one, then. I figure at this stage, they may as well go with someone they know they have some control over as opposed to hiring a new actor who will want to call all the shots and likely cause friction.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    If The Last Jedi is good, and I'm sure it will be, then it would be good to keep Johnson. Although one of my favorite things about the OT is how each of them have the spirit of Star Wars but they feel different from each other. You can tell the three films have different directors. But if keeping Johnson means getting a good film to finish off the sequel trilogy, then I'm all for it.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Of the two, I'd rather have Johnson than Abrams.

I wonder what Trevorrow and Kennedy clashed on. I would still love to see what Gareth Edwards' original version of Rogue One looked like.
    pachazo wrote: »
    Of the two, I'd rather have Johnson than Abrams.

I wonder what Trevorrow and Kennedy clashed on. I would still love to see what Gareth Edwards' original version of Rogue One looked like.

I'm also curious if Trevorrow's exit had anything to do with the poor reception of 'The Book of Henry.'