Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Which is your favourite of the prequels?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Rogue One. ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sith
    Murdock wrote: »
    Rogue One. ;)

4051505-5148032.png
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Which is your favourite of the prequels?

Rogue One.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Revenge of the Sith favourite prequel.

Luke looks badass in those new photos
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    0f40f3e9be3b290c22234f19452b0f9d.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2017 Posts: 8,082
    Thanks guys. I ask because I have the STAR WARS channel on Sky and recently watched the entire of George's prequels in one day. I think I appreciate them slightly more, especially the second film which is now my favourite. Obi Wan sleuthing around on his own is so cool. I swear, Obi Wan should have been the star of the prequels. It just makes so much more sense that way. Darth Vader was never supposed to be the one piece of the puzzle with brings about Palpys Empire. He was just another guy who choose the wrong side. Anakins downfall is not a big event when the whole of society is falling to the Emperor. It only takes on greater significance when viewed from the perspective of Obi Wan, who has trained him from a boy.
    Revenge of the Sith.

Not sure what order I prefer Episodes I-II.
    At one point I used to like AotC more than TPM.

Mainly because Obi-Wan had bigger role, as did the other Jedi, Christopher Lee and because I finally got to see the clone war begin.

And no Lil Ani or Jar Jar slapstick.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Revenge of the Sith is my favourite prequel, and primarily for McDiarmid's performance.

For me, the three prequels are generally ruined by Christensen, Portman and Binks. I don't mind Attack of the Clones, but the horrendous romantic interlude (one of the most cringe inducing moments I've encountered in a cinema: "I'm haunted by the kiss you should never have given me.") just kills it for me.

Same goes for the "killed younglings" nonsense in RotS.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,619
    "The long finale of Revenge of the Sith, leading up to Darth Vader’s tortured fabrication and the birth and separation of the twin babies Luke and Leia, is in my view the most powerful work of art in any genre in the past 30 years — including literature." - Camille Paglia More:

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited August 2017 Posts: 7,854
    It works better than it has any right to.

• RC7RC7
    "The long finale of Revenge of the Sith, leading up to Darth Vader’s tortured fabrication and the birth and separation of the twin babies Luke and Leia, is in my view the most powerful work of art in any genre in the past 30 years — including literature." - Camille Paglia More:

She's clueless.
    Do we have a new trailer date yet?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »

There's no date for one yet. Expect another trailer by late September/early October at the latest.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

There's no date for one yet. Expect another trailer by late September/early October at the latest.

I would assume then that would be the final one before the film releases inDecember then?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I would assume then that would be the final one before the film releases inDecember then?

The marketing will gear up more and more from here on out - I could see them doing another official trailer or two, on top of a ton of TV spots.
    594dc7efa4ae3a7b2800d60d623334aa.gif
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Rebels released a new trailer for the 4th and finale season. It actually looks like it will be the best season yet!
    October has damn near everything happening in it. Rebels, RWBY, Voltron, Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl, The Walking Dead... how can 31 days be packed with so much?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Last episode off Rebels I watched was when
    Maul showed his true colours and Vader fought Ahsoka
    think it was early season 3?
    Season 2 finale.
    18160847_443887285966511_1103608481115537408_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTUwMzYxNzQ4MjAzOTQyNzcxMg%3D%3D.2
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns that was the season 2 finale and it was some of the best the show had to offer. Season three is well worth a watch. In case you're one the people that tries to avoid trailers I'll spoiler tag this...
    towards the end of season three Kennobi shows up. Kennobi and Maul officially fight to the death.
    I will warn you that the fight is the shortest and most simple lightsaber fight in the history of Star Wars. The creators were inspired by old samurai movies. Go in knowing that and you may like it.
    I liked that fight because it was short. These were two old men, and though Maul was still relatively spry, they weren't going to be doing the acrobatics they'd done thirty years before. When the midseason trailer came out and hyped up that fight, I was worried it would be the season finale. I was much happier with it being a standalone episode. Prior to it airing, I rewatched Episode I and every Clone Wars and Rebels episode with Maul in it.
    I liked that fight because it was short. These were two old men, and though Maul was still relatively spry, they weren't going to be doing the acrobatics they'd done thirty years before. When the midseason trailer came out and hyped up that fight, I was worried it would be the season finale. I was much happier with it being a standalone episode. Prior to it airing, I rewatched Episode I and every Clone Wars and Rebels episode with Maul in it.

At first I didn't like how short it was but after giving it some thought it was better than if it was a long fight...
    especially since a couple years later Kennobi fights Vader on the Death Star and it's the slowest fight of any of the movies. Having Kennobi doing flips and jumps durning the Maul fight would've looked weird. They handled this fight well and it's actually one of my favorite lightsaber fights because it's so quick, real, and unique. We'll probably never get another lightsaber fight like that one again.
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,325
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns that was the season 2 finale and it was some of the best the show had to offer. Season three is well worth a watch. In case you're one the people that tries to avoid trailers I'll spoiler tag this...
    towards the end of season three Kennobi shows up. Kennobi and Maul officially fight to the death.
    I will warn you that the fight is the shortest and most simple lightsaber fight in the history of Star Wars. The creators were inspired by old samurai movies. Go in knowing that and you may like it.

I'll see if season 3 is on Sky Movies they have a Star Wars season on currently, though they have a habit of showing half a new season at a time.

Edited: Watching the first episode of season 3 Sky have the full season
    ae462ad330d1365360f0b3415592bafb.gif
    The animation on Rebels season 3 is very good, tempted to buy the Blurays.

Question to anyone: I never watched Clone Wars properly, I don't want to watch them all when is a good place to start?