Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

Murdock wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Thankfully EON has the ability to go back to standalone event movies without any fuss.
    It can't happen soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

As soon as MGM can pick a distributor, B25 will fly out of the gates.

Obviously your Hope Springs eternal. Lucky you.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    wumo594cce0a73be89.19635919.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    And people want EON to run the show like this. These 'universes' are going to swallow themselves whole. Thankfully EON has the ability to go back to standalone event movies without any fuss.

As I see it, no one here has ever said so. What people are hoping for is that EON applies as much forethought and planning to the Bond franchise as Disney and, of course, Marvel. And you can argue otherwise until the cows come home but I don't see it existing at the EON of present. You can't blame it all on MGM or writer strikes. Come to think of it especially right of writer strikes. What I would expect from a competent producer is, that he had the complete script ready to read and approve months before the actual filming starts, so that such triffles like writer strikes wouldn't even touch the production.

Not too much forethought and planning, though, if they're firing directors months into production.
  • RC7RC7
    And people want EON to run the show like this. These 'universes' are going to swallow themselves whole. Thankfully EON has the ability to go back to standalone event movies without any fuss.

As I see it, no one here has ever said so. What people are hoping for is that EON applies as much forethought and planning to the Bond franchise as Disney and, of course, Marvel. And you can argue otherwise until the cows come home but I don't see it existing at the EON of present. You can't blame it all on MGM or writer strikes. Come to think of it especially right of writer strikes. What I would expect from a competent producer is, that he had the complete script ready to read and approve months before the actual filming starts, so that such triffles like writer strikes wouldn't even touch the production.

Honestly, I wish people would just quit harping on about Disney and Marvel. It isn't comparable. Bond exists in a completely different sphere.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,812
    Disney just released the first short episode of their Star Wars: Forces of Destiny on YouTube. For those of you that don't know what this is, they are short episodes that will premiere on YouTube everyday this week. I believe each episode is under 3 minutes and they feature the woman of Star Wars. Leia, Padme, Rey, Jyn, and Ahsoka. With the exception of Leia, each character is voice by their movie actors.

KEEP IN MIND, THIS IS FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF CHILD STAR WARS FANS AND IT'S NOTHING SPECTACULAR.

Star Wars: Forces of Destiny - Sands of Jakku
    6a01b7c7367f15970b01bb0825f581970d-800wi
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Looks like an interesting exotic locale.
    bb531562d5069040a4e4911fc1bc9bf5.jpg
    6a0105369e6edf970b01b8d186fd01970c-800wi
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 2,107
    tumblr_mzpspyHK3A1sl28sfo4_500.jpg

Katln Knnedy ruind star wras...

Heh, some fanboys will be furious now that Disney releases these female lead youtube shorts. Some of them just don't want to see female leads in Star Wars. Some of them just calling out that Kathleen Kennedy has SJW agenda.

Each movie so far and even the upcoming Battlefront has a female protagonist.

Me? I don't mind. But some fanboys act like little boys who don't want girls in their treehouse. I laugh each time.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    If only Forces of Destiny wasn't boring... And Leia's voice actress wasn't so poor.
    4adc9e0eec77cd842d841864f14b7a28.jpg
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 5,767
    Delete.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DE7J4RvXgAAU1ML.jpg
    edited July 2017 Posts: 1,812
    They released new character posters for The Last Jedi at D23.
    My personal favorite of these is Poe's. I only wish he was holding a blaster to look even more badass. I also noticed Luke is holding his old (Rey's) lightsaber. I wonder if Luke even has his green one anymore.

Rey
    SWTLJ3-600x889.jpg

Luke
    SWTLJ6-600x890.jpg

Leia
    SWTLJ1-600x889.jpg

Finn
    SWTLJ2-600x889.jpg

Poe
    the-last-jedi-poster-04.jpg?w=669

Kylo Ren
    new-star-wars-the-last-jedi-posters-05.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Why are they all wearing red?
    Possibly some kind of imagery?
    It is a movie for the Christmas period. Some green put in there would be grand.
    Why are they all wearing red?

I was wondering that too?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Probably to tie in with the logo's red color. Or to symbolize that this'll be the dark movie.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Probably to tie in with the logo's red color. Or to symbolize that this'll be the dark movie.
    I think that's it, as it seems almost like blood dripping down.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I think that's it, as it seems almost like blood dripping down.

That's probably what they're going for. They did say that this movie was going to be dark in the likes of The Empire Strikes Back. Plus, this is Fisher's last film, so they're probably going to kill off Leia. This will be a good movie but it'll leave us on a sad note I'm sure.
    4a2a71d7785066867a71b56bdc4de6be.gif
    Is the empire strikes back really dark? I know it always gets called dark, but I never think it is. It's tense.

In a new hope we see billions of people murdered on alderaan, Luke's uncle and aunties charred skeletal remains still burning, and then the further deaths of several thousand clones who through no fault of their own are working for the empire

That's dark!
    Yes, but in the end, the good guys win in A New Hope. In The Empire Strikes Back, Han Solo is captured and frozen, his friend Lando blackmailed into helping the Empire, 3PO blasted to bits, and Luke loses his hand. The Rebels do not win in The Empire Strikes Back, a movie that begins with Luke being assaulted by a wild animal and then the Rebels' base destroyed by the Empire.

Compare that to A New Hope. The only thing we actually know about Alderaan is that it's Leia's homeworld and it's peaceful. We know no others from that planet aside from Leia, we've never been to this planet. All we've seen of Luke's aunt and uncle is the one that doesn't do really anything (Beru) and the one that tells Luke to shut up and get to work (Owen). These are people we're supposed to care about through Luke, but even Luke doesn't seem to care that they're dead.

And as far as the dead "clones", to be a canon-quoting whore that I am, they're conscripts and recruits, not clones, the clones had long since left the Imperial ranks at that time, so a good majority of these people likely joined the Empire of their own free will. Regardless, they're the bad guys, which means we're not supposed to care about them (though many, myself included, do).

So, to conclude, The Empire Strikes Back is the dark movie because the good guys lose and it's uncertain if they'll win in the end.. A New Hope is the uplifting movie because all the evil the Empire does over the course of the film is avenged by the destruction of the Death Star.
    a0f183ac8a986b0e46b73c746e5912d2.gif
    25efea6eda9da9ab69c1312c561a231f.jpg
    wulff01.gif