Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Couldn t get tickets for tomorrow, but just got some for Thursday.
    I see a pattern emerging with Star Wars spin offs...

Solo: A Star Wars Story
    Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    Don't forget the next spin off, which will be about Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I am most looking forward to the soon off with Jar Jar Binks. And Phasma (or whatever her name is) of course.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    Just leaving this one here...

Before Bond there were stars. And wars. But Mark O’Connell didn’t want to be Luke Skywalker. He wanted to be one of the mop-haired kids on the Star Wars toy commercials. And he would have done it had his parents had better pine furniture and a condo in California.

Star Wars, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Superman didn’t just change cinema – they made lasting highways into our childhoods, toy boxes and video stores like never before.

In Watching Skies, O’Connell pilots a gilded X-Wing flight through that shared universe of bedroom remakes of Return of the Jedi, close encounters with Christopher Reeve, sticker album swaps, the trauma of losing an entire Star Wars figure collection and honeymooning on Amity Island.

From the author of Catching Bullets – Memoirs of a Bond Fan, Watching Skies is a timely hologram from all our memory systems. It is about how George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, a shark, two motherships, some gremlins, ghostbusters and a man of steel jumped a whole generation to hyperspace*.

*Action figures sold separately.

Watching Skies on FB

Catching Bullets on FB

WatchingSkies_R1v1_Frnt.jpg

"I thought I was the only person obsessed with every single thing written in this book, but fortunately for the rest of us Mark O’Connell is too. This is the ideal Christmas gift even if you’re browsing at Easter.”
    – Mark Millar (KINGSMAN, LOGAN, KICK ASS, SUPERMAN)

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Less than a day... Thank the Maker!
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 5,821
    From Mark Hamill himself :

DQ24e1ZX0AIvd_L.jpg

“People who disagree w/my politics are NOT my enemies,” he says in a new tweet, “but got 2 tweets RUINING #LastJedi ending for MILLIONS & BLOCKED THEM INSTANTLY! #WhatIsWrongWithTheseAholes? "
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    25323316_10155256274570817_677109257_n.png?oh=b7370773541a3a424c29d854f0da574f&oe=5A330E6F
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Holy f***.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,691
    The Last Jedi set to launch with a $240+ million domestic opening weekend for a grand total of over $440 million for its World Wide opening weekend.
    I like Force Awakens, but it was definitely overhyped. I will see The Last Jedi sometime this month probably, but I’m not going to assume I’ll love it based on reviews.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    My pre-Jedi rankings:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Force Awakens
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Star Wars
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Phantom Menace
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Star Wars / A New Hope
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Phantom Menace
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Force Awakens/Rogue One
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of The Jedi
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Phantom Menace
    Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith are the underrated gems of the series IMO.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Return of the Jedi and Revenge of the Sith are the underrated gems of the series IMO.
    I agree.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Murdock wrote: »
    1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Force Awakens/Rogue One
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of The Jedi
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. Attack of the Clones
    7. The Phantom Menace

+1, Spot on.

2 hours until I head to the cinema for The Last Jedi! I may already have my ticket, but I'll arrive at least 20 minutes early to get a good seat. Only downside is sitting through a further 15/20 minutes of adverts once the showing starts before getting to the actual movie. I hope I'll get some good trailers (The Commuter with Liam Neeson please!)
    Here, the seats are usually numbered.

I just realized it is 40 years this month, since I saw STAR WARS in the cinema.

20 years for me. I can remember fondly that my dad took me to see the special edition theatrical rerelease of Star Wars. In fact I believe that may have been the first time I saw it too.

20 years for me. I can remember fondly that my dad took me to see the special edition theatrical rerelease of Star Wars. In fact I believe that may have been the first time I saw it too.

I saw that as well, and hated the changes.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way. Some changes I didn't mind, but some are just so distracting. The Han and Greedo scene being the worst change in that particular film.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same way. Some changes I didn't mind, but some are just so distracting. The Han and Greedo scene being the worst change in that particular film.

I hated the insertion of Jabba the Blob, and those celebration scenes that were added amongst other things. You can so clearly see they don t fit into the film at all. It was really badly done.

I hated the insertion of Jabba the Blob, and those celebration scenes that were added amongst other things. You can so clearly see they don t fit into the film at all. It was really badly done.

I agree, I don't care for those scenes either. The Jabba scene is pointless and tells us what we already know and the celebrations scenes just try to be a pointless thread to the prequels. Word sure travels amazingly fast in that galaxy.
    There's a worse change than Han / Greedo: Vader shouting NOOOOOO!!!! before he tosses Palpatine into the bottomless pit. When I first saw that moment on BR, I was the one doing the loudest NOOOOO!!!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Hope you guys enjoy your movie experience! May the force be with you.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 2,107
    I did. Don't fear. It's not a tesb remake.

This film will no doubt do incredible business!
    I had a great time. Rather dark film, tense action, some greatest hits moments but not too many and a few surprises I was unaware of. Bloody good Star Wars.
    I’m curious to see how high or low this one will rank on my list.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I had a great time. Rather dark film, tense action, some greatest hits moments but not too many and a few surprises I was unaware of. Bloody good Star Wars.

I was actuallly surprised how much humour there was in the film.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,691
    I agree with @DarthDimi, and I'll add that the action sequences were incredible, especially the space battles and the climax.