SPECTRE: It grossed $880 Million Worldwide (..and 2015 was the biggest box office year so far)

Comments

Boy, creative differences over a character called Ant-Man? Who would have known.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 40,372
    It appears Adam McKay (the director of the 'Anchorman' films and 'The Other Guys') is in talks to direct 'Ant-Man' now.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=118986

EDIT: Now it seems that he has pulled out of negotiations. Interesting.

http://bit.ly/1lZOrk6
    They've finally found someone to direct 'Ant-Man': Peyton Reed, whose excellent resume incl--sorry, what's that? He directed 'Yes Man' and 'The Break-Up'? Oh...nevermind then:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=119235
    Creasy47 wrote:
    They've finally found someone to direct 'Ant-Man': Peyton Reed, whose excellent resume incl--sorry, what's that? He directed 'Yes Man' and 'The Break-Up'? Oh...nevermind then:

Yeah, expect to see Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd desperately try to get out of their contract anytime soon.

Oh dear.
    As soon as Wright left, I knew this project was going to be a trainwreck. They lost someone special by not letting him direct. Now they've gone with someone that hardly anyone knows whose biggest projects were two miscellaneous comedies? What a shame. This project is DOA.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Regarding Yes Man- initially, I thought 'didn't Carrey already do this with Liar Liar?', but I quite enjoyed the film.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,372
    I thought 'Yes Man' was very funny, but it's not something I should praise on a director's resume who is going to do a big superhero-type film. I expect like-minded projects to show some experience with the project he'll be taking on.

It also doesn't help that Adam McKay will help script. That worries me a bit.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,416
    Let's hope Steven Price who be linked since February this year to Ant-Man step a side too like the directer who choose him as composer Edward Wright. I like to see Steven Price doing the score of Bond 24 and Ant-Man whas the mabey movie who make this impossible. With release date in August 2015, it mabey whas stil possible but now this movie of course going to be delayd til 2016.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I thought 'Yes Man' was very funny, but it's not something I should praise on a director's resume who is going to do a big superhero-type film. I expect like-minded projects to show some experience with the project he'll be taking on.

It also doesn't help that Adam McKay will help script. That worries me a bit.
    Yeah, why get a director and writer known mostly for their comedy work when you're working on a big budget superhero film? That has me worried too.
    At least when Wright does comedy, his films also involve zombie fighting ('Shaun of the Dead'), chase scenes and gunfights ('Hot Fuzz'), and some of the best choreographed fist fight scenes of the last few years ('The World's End').
    Creasy47 wrote:
    At least when Wright does comedy, his films also involve zombie fighting ('Shaun of the Dead'), chase scenes and gunfights ('Hot Fuzz'), and some of the best choreographed fist fight scenes of the last few years ('The World's End').

Not forgetting 'Scott Pilgrim...' The fight scenes in that were pretty ace too.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,372
    I totally forgot about that film. It wasn't for me, I figured it'd be a love or hate thing and I just couldn't get into it.

But yes, those fight scenes were great, too. Once Wright departed, I knew the project would be in trouble.
    'The Avengers: Age Of Ultron' plot details (***SPOILERS***) show how the film will open up:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=101669
    Im really excited for next years movies. Here are the top 5 movies Im looking forward to the most in this order.

1. Bond 24
    Cause its Bond

2. Star Wars
    Big fan of the movies, I trust J.J. Abrams a lot to make a great story post Return of the Jedi

3. Hunger Games Mocking Jay part 2
    I love the books and I have loved the movies so far. I think it will be a great ending to these awesome adaptations of the books.

4. Jurassic World
    I loved the trilogy, upset Sam Neil wont be in it but it should be great, especially the plot rumors im hearing.

5. 50 Shades of Grey
    Yes yes yes i am looking forward to this movie. I read the book for shits and giggles but OMG that was such an erotic novel, I cant wait to see how they adapt the book into a movie thats why Im looking forward to it.

Honorable Mentions
    Terminator Genesis
    Fast & Furious 7
    Avengers: Age of Ultron
    Ted 2
    Mission: Impossible 5
    Have the 'Ant-Man' villains been revealed?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=119736
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,879
    I'm looking forward to the following films (in order from least to most...):

Bond 25 24
    Terminator Genesis
    Star Wars Episode VII
    Mad Max: Fury Road
    M:I5
    Fast & Furious 7
    Jurassic World
    Scouts vs. Zombies
    Agent 47
    Jaws 19
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 11,119
    QBranch wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the following films (in order from least to most...):

Bond 25 24
    Terminator Genesis
    Star Wars Episode VII
    Mad Max: Fury Road
    M:I5
    Fast & Furious 7
    Jurassic World
    Scouts vs. Zombies
    Agent 47
    Jaws 19
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2

Add to that the two Marvel movies that will premiere in 2015: "The Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron", "The Fantastic Four" and "Ant-Man"
    Nah, I couldn't care less about superhero films anymore. I'm tired of the whole premise, it's all just too much. (:|
    I have really got into them as it reminds me of my early childhood many many moons ago! :((

Given a choice of a Super hero movie versus a Bond movie? Bond would always be my first choice! :-bd
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 11,119
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    I have really got into them as it reminds me of my early childhood many many moons ago! :((

Given a choice of a Super hero movie versus a Bond movie? Bond would always be my first choice! :-bd

Also, people tend to forget how diverse the MARVEL-universe has become now. You've got the more cheesy, pop-corn, fun adventures, like "Thor", "Ant-Man" (2015), "Guardians Of The Galaxy", "The Hulk", "The Fantastic Four" (2015), "The Amazing Spiderman" and "X-Men". They are also quite close to sci-fi, space based, fantasy movies.

On the other hand, I'm way more impressed by the "Iron Man"-franchise. Robert Downey Jr's portrayal of Tony Stark is reminiscent of James Bond. And not only that, they are less sci-fi, and more realistic IMO. Especially the first and 3rd movie were wunderful installments, which also gave some criticism to today's politics.

Similarly I liked the 2nd "Captain America" movie ("Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier") a lot. Very nice, and when it comes to look and feel, even slightly reminiscent of Nolan's "The Dark Knight". Robert Redford as villain was good, quite realistic. And that car chase with Samuel L. Jackson downtown Washington DC was sheer MARVEL-lous.

To a lesser extent, the "Blade"-films and "Ghost Rider" had this more serious approach as well.

Personally, I am not a big fan of joining all Marvel-characters in one feature film: "The Avengers" (2015). Simply too much.... You basically plant the seeds for weak storylines and a gorefest of eye-hurting 3D-action.

I haven't talked about the DC-COMICS characters yet. But I was/am a fan of Nolan's "The Dark Knight"-trilogy. "Watchmen" is also a nice exception. I appreciate that one too.

All other movies didn't meet my expectations. "The Green Lantern", "Catwoman", "Swamp Thing", "Jonah Hex", "Man Of Steel" and "Steel" were rather disappointing for me. And like "The Avengers", I am not convinced by the upcoming "Justice League" films in which....Superman fights Ben Affleck's version of Batman? Really...... Luckily, it will premiere in 2016 and not 2015.

• edited September 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Let's have a look at the movies from the "espionage/thriller/action" genre:

--> 09.01.2015: "Tak3n" (director: Olivier Megaton)
    --> 05.02.2015: "Kingsman: The Secret Service" (director: Matthew Vaughn)
    --> 05.03.2015: "Hitman 2: Agent 47" (director: Aleksander Bach)
    --> 03.04.2015: "Fast & Furious 7" (director: James Wan)
    --> 14.08.2015: "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (director: Guy Ritchie)
    --> 23.10.2015: "Bond 24" (director: Sam Mendes)
    --> 25.12.2015: "Mission: Impossible 5" (director: Christopher McQuarrie)
    --> 00.00.2016: "Section 6" (director: Joe Cornish)

As you can see, 2015 / early 2016 "Bond 24" will face some stiff competition from spy (franchise) movies. My question to you: Which of the above films is going to win the global worldwide box office of 2015? Will this fact make it slightly more difficult for "Bond 24" to hit the one Billion Dollar mark?
    Let's have a look at the movies from the "espionage/thriller/action" genre:

--> 09.01.2015: "Tak3n" (director: Olivier Megaton)
    --> 05.02.2015: "Kingsman: The Secret Service" (director: Matthew Vaughn)
    --> 05.03.2015: "Hitman 2: Agent 47" (director: Aleksander Bach)
    --> 03.04.2015: "Fast & Furious 7" (director: James Wan)
    --> 14.08.2015: "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (director: Guy Ritchie)
    --> 23.10.2015: "Bond 24" (director: Sam Mendes)
    --> 25.12.2015: "Mission: Impossible 5" (director: Christopher McQuarrie)
    --> 00.00.2016: "Section 6" (director: Joe Cornish)

As you can see, 2015 / early 2016 "Bond 24" will face some stiff competition from spy (franchise) movies. My question to you: Which of the above films is going to win the global worldwide box office of 2015? Will this fact make it slightly more difficult for "Bond 24" to hit the one Billion Dollar mark?

Tak3n- 200m or so worldwide...maybe less. Taken 2 was not really liked by the crowd ( I enjoyed it though) so Tak3n will probably be more of the same which will result in less money maybe

Kingsman: This movie was rescheduled so many times that at this point I think some people lost patience with it.. I predict around 150m worlwide would be more than nice number if they get it

Hitman- Around 150m, if the movie turns out to be amazing maybe 200m. but I really doubt it will be amazing

FF7-More than 700/800m...maybe a billion ? If this is as good as the others it can easily get to billion but there are many other movies in April/Maybe that might make problems for FF5

UNCLE- 175m. I think. That is if they get worlwide release at same time. If not less than 150m. I hope they will make worlwide release at same time and not months apart like some movies do..

B24- Hopefully billion. Definitelly more than 750m.

MI:5- Around 700m I think. If it is as good as the last one maybe 800 or so million

Section 6- Is this movie officially coming out ? Unless I see trailer/marketing for it I can't predict
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 11,119
    I think so far the competition from the spy-genre is very big and that could help all of them, especially Bond 24 and Furious 7. And it's not only that. In 2015 we have following movies to premiere:

--> *will hit $ 1.5 Billion mark* 'Star Wars - Episode 7' (3D, sci-fi)
    --> *could hit $ 1.5 Billion mark* 'Marvel's Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' (3D, superhero/fantasy)
    --> *will hit $ 1 Billion mark* 'Bond 24' (2D, espionage-thriller, sails the "Skyfall"-buzz)
    --> *will hit $ 1 Billion mark* 'Pixar's Inside Out' (animation, it has director Pete Doctor from "Up")
    --> *could hit $ 1 Billion mark* 'Furious 7' (2D, action-thriller, iconic thanks to Paul Walker)
    --> *could hit $ 1 Billion mark* 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2' (sci-fi/fantasy, it has the late Seymour-Hoffman in it)
    --> *could hit $ 1 Billion mark*'Jurassic World' (3D, sci-fi/adventure)
    --> 'Independence Day 2' (3D, sci-fi)
    --> 'Peanuts ft. Snoopy' (animation)
    --> 'Marvel's Ant-Man' (superhero/adventure)
    --> 'Pixar's Finding Dory' (3D, animation)
    --> 'Kung Fu Panda 3' (animation)
    --> 'World of Warcraft' (3D, sci-fi/action)

But to stick to a prediction of the actual box office results (global) for the listed spy movies, I'd predict something like this:

--> $ 1,000 - $ 1,250 Million: "Bond 24" (will still profit greatly from "Skyfall's" success)
    --> $ 0,950 - $ 1,075 Million: "Fast & Furious 7" (will be greatly "helped" by Paul Walker's death)
    --> $ 725 - $ 825 Million: "Mission: Impossible 5" (now this will be competing with Bond 24)
    --> $ 525 - $ 600 Million: "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." (Guy Ritchie, the guy behind the rebooted Sherlock Holmes)
    --> $ 350 - $ 475 Million: "Kingsman: The Secret Service" (I think this will do way better than many think)
    --> $ 175 - $ 275 Million: "Tak3n" (director: Olivier Megaton)
    --> $ 150 - $ 225 Million: "Hitman 2: Agent 47" (it has Vaughn, but no real star cast)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2014 Posts: 4,416
    Independence Day 2, Finding Dory and Ant Man are 2016. POTC 5 whas first set for 2016 but a couple of months back changed in 2017.

For long time it look like Iron Man 3 going to be the winner of 2013, but it whas Frozen who be released in the third weak of December 2013 who wins afterall. In The Netherlands it whas Despicable Me 2 after The Hobbit 2.Transformers 4 be at this moment the winner of 2014 and make a change it wil stay on that position, if The Hobbit 3 not beat it. In The Netherlands if wil be The Hobbit 3 and on this moment The Wolf Of Wallstreet and Rio 2.

Possible Top 6 of 2015:

1. Starwars 7 (1,6 billion era)
    2. Kung Fu Panda 3 (900 million era)
    3. The Avengers 2 (900 million era)
    4. Bond 24 (900 million era)
    5. Fast & Furious 7 (850 milliom era)
    6. Mission Impossible 5 (850 million era)

I whas suprised about Kung Fu Panda 2 violence, in the meaning that mabey some parents think the third one mabey be to scary for there children. But from other side mabey the movie go back to basic. The Netherlands it wil be atleast in the 8 million era i think.

Skyfall who double the count of views in The Netherlands from 1 million to 2 million views and with 25 million, scores 4 million les then Avatar. But this whas also thanks to ''title'' , ''Adele'' and Ticket price (€ 11,50/12,00). There where not be enough theater counts or better said theater rooms. Two whas not realy that much, the late screening whas also close to be sold out. Keep in mind this whas only 12 days after release date. Mabey the release date wil be 1 day earlier (22 October 2015) then Uk like as there did with Tomorrow Never Dies. The first Hobbit movie end second with 16 million in The Netherlands in 2012, in 2015 Starwars 7 wil take posiotion of The hobbit release date and Bond wil possible not that lucky this time.

Top 5 in The Netherlands

1. Bond 24 (16-17 million)
    2. Kung Fu Panda 2 (10-10,7 million) Ice Age 4 deliever 9,7 million. Kung Fu Panda 2 did 5,4 million, but Madagascar 3 already did 2,5 million more with 7,9 million.
    3. Starwars 7 (9-10 million) Indiana Jones 4 did 7 million.
    4. Fast 7 (8 - 8,5 million) Fast 6 did 6,7 million, but Paul Walker Death not make difrende for Dutch Boxoffice, more for American.
    5. Mi5 (7 - 8,9 million) Mi4 did 5 million. QOS did 8,9 it be possible Mi5 can make this kind of money.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Kung Fu Panda 3? Well I say...
    I love Kung Fu Panda :D

If it is as good as the last one I think it will make good money
    edited October 2014 Posts: 5,080
    I'm not disputing its quality, but I think it will be hard-pushed to make anywhere near as much as £900 million.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    The 2015 movies I'm looking forward to are (in preference order):

- Bond 24
    - Jurassic World
    - The Man from UNCLE
    - Kingsman: The Secret Service
    Yes, I really can't wait for Jurassic World! It's third on my "too see" list, only behind Bond 24 and Star Wars.
    Does anyone here think that Bond 24 will match the success of Skyfall, earning 1 billion plus at the box office worldwide?