SPECTRE: It grossed $880 Million Worldwide (..and 2015 was the biggest box office year so far)

Comments

Samuel001 wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    SJK91 wrote:
    They are seriously remaking Fantastic Four? Really?

Well since the last two were dreadful movies, I don't mind that reboot.

Production on that film is meant to begin this month, which obviously won't happen, so I wouldn't jump for joy just yet.

I wonder who will be cast in the roles?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    No idea, but the release is set for March 2015, so I'm not sure if that will be pushed back. It's all open for the taking as the other two-film series was so poor.
    I thought so too! I think they should take a darker tone with them. Certainly would like to see a much more evil Dr Doom! [..]
    RogueAgent wrote:
    I thought so too! I think they should take a darker tone with them. Certainly would like to see a much more evil Dr Doom! [..]
    You mean not some sleazy Euro trash villain? Yes, that was a slight disappointment. I think the movies were both poorly written and miscast from A to Z.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I thought we had a 2015 film thread. Well, you can add 'Mad Max: Fury Road' to the list, as it's been given a May 15th, 2015 release date:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111626
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Night at the Museum 3 is coming out Christmas Day next year.

As for Pirates, it'll still be a hit and goes a way to proving the point audiences will wait for a while for franchise films.

I'm looking forward to 'Night at the Museum 3,' though the second wasn't nearly as good as the first, though when is that ever the case?
    To name just a few...

The Dark Knight
    Spider-Man 2
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Toy Story 2
    The Bourne Supremacy
    Shrek 2
    The Harry Potter films

I could list tons more, but they are sequels I haven't seen or can't remember that are ruled to be better than the first by a vast majority.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, some films do have better secondary films in a trilogy than its predecessor, not sure why I stated it like that's never the case.

Though, I don't agree with 'Shrek 2' or 'Toy Story 2.' The others, absolutely.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,370
    Go ahead and add another sequel to 2015, as the fifth 'Bourne' film - starring Jeremy Renner again, directed by Justin Lin (from the Fast & Furious films) - will arrive on August 14th, 2015:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=111958
    Add Friday the 13th to the list too march 13th 2015
    Hunger Games Mocking Jay Part 2 might give Bond 24 a run for its money. They will be released the same month
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And Die Hard 6 possibly.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Gentlemen, what do you say we all pinch together a modest yet decent budget, make a film and give it a 2015 release? Everyone else is doing it.
    I don't think I'll have a single penny to pitch in, knowing I'll have to save up (at least) $100 for the numerous 'Bond 24' viewings I'll be enjoying, coupled with the numerous other films I want to see that year.
    We won't need money for props and posters. That's where I come in. And I have a pretty good digital video camera. We just need a small crew and a few portable lights. We'll make an awesome Franchise! :)
    The 'Warcraft' cast list has been released:

http://www.slashfilm.com/warcraft-cast-revealed/#more-206235
    'San Andreas,' starring Dwayne Johnson, has been given a June 5th, 2015 release date:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112110
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'San Andreas,' starring Dwayne Johnson, has been given a June 5th, 2015 release date:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112110
    I actually thought that was a GTA film at first.
    As did I, sadly. If only!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    As did I, sadly. If only!

Yeah...

I still say we get in on this 2015 film game. If everyone and their dog is going to release a film in 2015, why can't we?! @Murdock's already in, and if you're willing to ante up and throw your hat into the ring we could use your girlfriend for all the tasteless camera zoom ins to her cleavage and rear. As for the action scenes we could construct miniature sets and film things that way, as I doubt we'll get away with hijacking a helicopter or train, especially when we would then proceed to blow them to smithereens in John Woo inspired glory. Oh, that reminds me...where the hell are we going to get a decent price on a couple dozen doves and do we have to worry about PETA getting on our arses if one happens to clip a wing?
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,370
    And @Murdock has the airsoft guns, so just throw me two, I'll go in to a random factory, Ethan Hunt style, and do some slo-mo shooting, with a little Max Payne thrown into the mix.

PETA will survive, a dove wing can be sacrificed for the awesomeness of our film. Why are we not shooting this right now? It'll make a lot at the box office, too, because I already have the title of it:

'Grown Ups 3.' People won't even need to see the trailers, they'll just line up, expecting to see Adam Sandler playing Adam Sandler.
    We'll need a villain to die Hans Gruber style too!
    edited December 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Good thinking, @Creasy. We should actually see if Adam will do a walk on cameo appearance for it, just to convince people...
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, he'll probably require $10 million for a walk-on cameo.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, he'll probably require $10 million for a walk-on cameo.
    You're probably right...Okay, new plan then, gentlemen. @Creasy, get our adds in the papers calling for Adam Sandler look-alikes. Tell the people it's for uh...Christopher Nolan's next film or something like that. We'll probably get a few minutes of footage before anyone realizes they've been taken the fool, and @Murdock will be right there with the getaway vehicle for a quick exit. Sounds like a plan, eh?
    It works. If the getaway plan falls through at the last minute, I say we take him out as quick as possible and dump him in the river/desert, whichever is closest to our shooting locations.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It works. If the getaway plan falls through at the last minute, I say we take him out as quick as possible and dump him in the river/desert, whichever is closest to our shooting locations.

Good thinking. And we should shoot us disposing of the body so that we can put it into the film. I can hear the masses now...

"Wow, that one scene where your characters killed the guy and disposed of his corpse looked sooooo realistic!"

They'll never know. Unless they read this forum that is. With that in mind, let's try not to cock it up.
    An artsy, secretive snuff film. I like where your head's at.
    So I think these 5 films will be the highest growsing films of 2015.

Bond 24
    Star Wars 7
    MockingJay part 2
    Batman vs Superman
    Avengers 2

Not in this order just overall

U guys agree?
    'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' might be up there. But, going off of the success of 'Catching Fire,' how much money 'The Avengers' made, the showdown in 'Batman vs. Superman' that everyone will wait for, another film from the same people who did the ever-so-successful SF, and, well, another 'Star Wars' movie, I think I agree with you, @fjdinardo. It's going to be one lucrative year.