SPECTRE: It grossed $880 Million Worldwide (..and 2015 was the biggest box office year so far)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If the studios focused, on making good films instead of banking on a presold audience guarentee with franchise sequel reboot nonsense, then maybe? the box-office wouldn't flop over. Am I looking forward to anything no I am not.

Not even 'Bond 24'?...
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 78
    OMG I completely forgot of that one! Of course I am, I have no choice! \:D/
  • biggest movie year in terms of popularity but not of quality. still, looking forward to seeing bond 24
    Creasy47 wrote:
    If the studios focused, on making good films instead of banking on a presold audience guarentee with franchise sequel reboot nonsense, then maybe? the box-office wouldn't flop over. Am I looking forward to anything no I am not.

Not even 'Bond 24'?...

Good luck to that.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2013/07/hollywood_and_blake_snyder_s_screenwriting_book_save_the_cat.html
  • If Blofeld becomes again, then, we have to save the cat for reall !. ;;)
    Perdogg wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

Not even 'Bond 24'?...

Good luck to that.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2013/07/hollywood_and_blake_snyder_s_screenwriting_book_save_the_cat.html

Interesting article, but movies, tv dramas and plays used tropes and commonplaces since forever. Writers don't need to follow a guide, it is embedded in their psyche. Heck, French tragedy was maybe the most codified form of drama, yet you can't say Racine was unimaginative adhering to it strictly.
  • My prediction is that quite a few of these films will disappoint money wise, mainly the comic book flicks because they've been churning out so many. They can't all make a billion.

I think Bond and Star Wars will be the films that do best in 2015. I'm hoping Assassin's Creed makes a good profit too because I'd like sequels to that.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2013 Posts: 4,442
    Disney tell no new POTC tale yet!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28572/disney-delays-fifth-pirates-film
    Disney Delays Fifth "Pirates" Film

By Garth Franklin Wednesday September 11th 2013 01:12AM
    Disney Delays Fifth "Pirates" Film

The overcrowded Summer of 2015 just got a little bit of breathing room.

Disney Pictures has pushed back the release of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales," the fifth film in the series, by at least six months.

Originally slated for July 10th 2015, Disney confirms the project won't make its original release date. A 2016 release is now likely.

Jeff Nathanson has penned the fifth installment, which will be directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg ("Kon-Tiki").

Source: Disney Pictures

That mean a year longer wait on new BD release of POTC 4, if that already going to be the case.

But there 2 other movies confirmd and one of them be Jurassic Park 4 aka Jurassic Park World is set for June 2015 release..

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28573/-jurassic-world-set-for-june-2015

jw_poster.jpg
    "Jurassic World" Set For June 2015

By Garth Franklin Wednesday September 11th 2013 01:14AM

Universal Pictures have announced that the fourth "Jurassic Park" has scored the new title of "Jurassic World" and will release the project in 3D on Friday, June 12th 2015.

Steven Spielberg will produce, and Colin Trevorrow directs the epic action-adventure from a screenplay Trevorrow wrote with Derek Connolly.

Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley are also producing.

Source: Universal Pictures

Fox confirmd "Night at the Museum 3'' production wil start Febbruary 2014, i think that possible mean 2015 release.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28576/-night-at-the-museum-3-filming-details
    "Night at the Museum 3" Filming Details

By Garth Franklin Wednesday September 11th 2013 03:20AM
    "Night at the Museum 3" Filming Details

20th Century Fox will begin production on a third instalment in the "Night at the Museum" franchise in February.

Shawn Levy is returning as director, and Ben Stiller will reprise his role as museum security guard Larry Daley.

No word yet as to which other cast members will also return. Filming will take place in Vancouver and London.

Source: Production Weekly
    Poor Johnny Depp. He just isn't having a good year.
  • ^ I like the fact that they will have more time to think about Pirates 5. I want to see Berges-Frisbey's mermaid back. Depp should do more indie-like movies and stay away from his Sparrow template until 2016.

Isn't Jurassic 4 long overdue? I expect it to earn but not as phenomenal as in the 90s

2015 will be all about SW and Bond 24.

@jason_bourne, I agree, but the last indie-ish film he did was 'The Rum Diary,' and it got pretty bad reviews, from what I recall. I somewhat liked it, I just thought it had a bad ending and the whole film didn't really accomplish much.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Night at the Museum 3 is coming out Christmas Day next year.

As for Pirates, it'll still be a hit and goes a way to proving the point audiences will wait for a while for franchise films.
    Samuel001 wrote:

As for Pirates, it'll still be a hit and goes a way to proving the point audiences will wait for a while for franchise films.

I'm looking forward to 'Night at the Museum 3,' though the second wasn't nearly as good as the first, though when is that ever the case?

I'll pass on another 'Pirates' film. I thought I was done after the third, but my buddy's sister wanted us to come along for her birthday, so I got dragged to see it. I just don't really like them anymore, and the only part that kept me slightly interested in the fourth was seeing Ian McShane on screen. Such an underrated actor.
  • Samuel001 wrote:

Night at the Museum 3, surely another reason why this won't be the best year ever for films, also another Pirates Movie, why god why?
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Night at the Museum 3 is 2014.

As for POTC, I'm sure they'll be made until Johnny Depp is 70.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Night at the Museum 3 is 2014.

I haven't read up on it - just that it starts in February - so I'm guessing it'll be out by November/December of next year? That's when I recall the others coming out, but I could be totally mistaken.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I've already posted the answer. Otherwise known as 25th December 2014. ;)
    Shame about POTC being put back, but I am very curious to JP 4?! As already mentioned a few posts above? 2015 could now really be about Star Wars and Bond! :-bd
    ID4 - Part 2 could also be put back until 2016, so more room for the 2015 films now.
    At this rate Bond will be quids in again at this rate! Not that that's a bad thing mind! ;)
    I was thinking last night the past 3 Bond films came out the films around it were also huge

Quantum of Solace The Dark Knight Iron Man The Incredible Hulk

Skyfall Dark Knight Rises The Avengers Prometheus The Amazing Spiderman....
    Risico007 wrote:
    I was thinking last night the past 3 Bond films came out the films around it were also huge

Quantum of Solace The Dark Knight Iron Man The Incredible Hulk

Skyfall Dark Knight Rises The Avengers Prometheus The Amazing Spiderman....

I wouldn't necessarily say those films came out around SF, because they were released from May - July, and even the last film was out four months before SF's release.
    I meant year wise Creasy sorry I should of been more specific also ANOTHER oddity the past 3 Bond Films (Bond 24 Skyfall and Quantum) came out the same year as a Batman movie (Untitled Batman/Superman movie the Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight)

Coincidence I think so ;)
    Risico007 wrote:
    I meant year wise Creasy sorry I should of been more specific also ANOTHER oddity the past 3 Bond Films (Bond 24 Skyfall and Quantum) came out the same year as a Batman movie (Untitled Batman/Superman movie the Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight)

Coincidence I think so ;)

Which made those years even better, though I'm upset I missed 'Batman Begins' in theaters. :(
    Agreed..

As a Batman and Bond fan I am even more spoiled in my opinion because for both characters we have been blessed by actors who care about the character and loved the source material growing up (Yes this mean Ben Affleck too)
    They are seriously remaking Fantastic Four? Really?
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    @jason_bourne, I agree, but the last indie-ish film he did was 'The Rum Diary,' and it got pretty bad reviews, from what I recall. I somewhat liked it, I just thought it had a bad ending and the whole film didn't really accomplish much.

I haven't seen Rum Diary yet but Amber Heard's presence motivates me to see it. Won't she make a nice American Bond girl, eh? A bisexual one at that.
    SJK91 wrote:

Well since the last two were dreadful movies, I don't mind that reboot.
    Ludovico wrote:
    SJK91 wrote:

Well since the last two were dreadful movies, I don't mind that reboot.

Production on that film is meant to begin this month, which obviously won't happen, so I wouldn't jump for joy just yet.
    Not just yet, but I would rather see they may get it right this time than another sequel to a stupid adaptation.