SPECTRE: It grossed $880 Million Worldwide (..and 2015 was the biggest box office year so far)

Comments

I'm not sure about Batman Vs Superman. There's no doubt that Man of Steel under performed at the B.O. It'll be interesting to see whether people are turned off by the notion of Affleck at Bats.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' might be up there. But, going off of the success of 'Catching Fire,' how much money 'The Avengers' made, the showdown in 'Batman vs. Superman' that everyone will wait for, another film from the same people who did the ever-so-successful SF, and, well, another 'Star Wars' movie, I think I agree with you, @fjdinardo. It's going to be one lucrative year.

totally ita going to be great and I think Priates got pushed to 2016
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @WillyGalore, I think most people will show up anyway, just to see how he is as Batman, just like all those who trashed Ledger as playing Joker. Look how that turned out.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I'm not sure about Batman Vs Superman. There's no doubt that Man of Steel under performed at the B.O. It'll be interesting to see whether people are turned off by the notion of Affleck at Bats.
    This one is definitely the wildcard. The whole project seems pretty underwhelming at this point, at least to me. Who knows how it will play out?
    I am hoping it will do well I am sold as Affleck as Batman.

Just like all it took was one pic and a few friends to convince me a blonde british guy would be the best 007
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' might be up there.

That got moved to 2016.

A lot of money will be taken that year, that is for certain.
    @Samuel001, that's what you get for listening to Wikipedia. 'Pirates' or not, yes, it's going to be one hell of a year. Like I said, I'm sure $100 or so of mine is going to go to 'Bond 24' alone. I think next summer I might open up a '2015 Movie Fund' and just stow away X amount from each paycheck towards all the films.
    Unfortunately I dont see Bond 24 being the highest growing film of 2015 but I defiantly see it being top 3
  • RC7RC7
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Unfortunately I dont see Bond 24 being the highest growing film of 2015 but I defiantly see it being top 3

If SW gets good word of mouth, I can see it obliterating the competition.
    @RC7, SW won't really need good word of mouth, everyone will flock to it because it's a new 'Star Wars' movie and they've waited years for one. Plus, there's no way it can be as bad as the recent trilogy was.
  • As it stands, I'm actually anticipating 2014 much more. Expendables 3, the Planet Of The Apes sequel, Chris Nolans next film, and of course Mad Max 4.

Mad Max 4 ? Ohh wow, haven't heard of that one. With Mel or someone new ? I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot of the mad max films.

• RC7 wrote:
    fjdinardo wrote:

If SW gets good word of mouth, I can see it obliterating the competition.

The new Star Wars, even if bad reviews will still destroy everything. I would even see it if it was horribly reviewed. It's friggin Star Wars !

• edited December 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Coldfinger wrote:
    As it stands, I'm actually anticipating 2014 much more. Expendables 3, the Planet Of The Apes sequel, Chris Nolans next film, and of course Mad Max 4.

Mad Max 4 ? Ohh wow, haven't heard of that one. With Mel or someone new ? I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot of the mad max films.

Tom Hardy is playing Max (although there's a rumour that Gibson will be playing an older Max and that the whole film will be a flashback as he tells a story), but it's a sequel not a reboot, set between the first two films.

Sadly it's been delayed until 2015 :(
    I thought I read the other day that it was confirmed that Mel Gibson would not be in the new 'Mad Max' at all?
    That's what Miller said but he would say that wouldn't he. When has anyone behind a film or TV show ever just admitted to a leak being true?

EG- Steven Moffat. "Nope, none of them except David Tennant", then the 50th anniversary special comes out and Tom Baker was in it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That's what Miller said but he would say that wouldn't he. When has anyone behind a film or TV show ever just admitted to a leak being true?

EG- Steven Moffat. "Nope, none of them except David Tennant", then the 50th anniversary special comes out and Tom Baker was in it.
    Great point, mate.
    edited December 2013 Posts: 40,468
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but I suppose this would work here:

Edgar Wright talks about the challenges of making a PG-13 'Ant-Man':

http://www.slashfilm.com/edgar-wright-discusses-the-challenges-of-making-a-pg-13-ant-man/

EDIT: Don Cheadle might be joining 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron':

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-don-cheadle-will-join-avengers-age-of-ultron/
    Paul Rudd will be playing Ant-Man:

http://bit.ly/18zI4Uf
    2015 also riskes to be one of the most dissapointing years cinematicaly, as not every movie will be as good as expected.

And there will be NO MORE Tolkien movies. :-S
    SaintMark wrote:
    2015 also riskes to be one of the most dissapointing years cinematicaly, as not every movie will be as good as expected.

And there will be NO MORE Tolkien movies. :-S

That latter bit really is a shame, and yes, just because it's full of huge films and sequels doesn't mean that they will all be fantastic. I'm sure there will be some that heavily disappoint.
    So I will take one movie at the time.

I am glad this cinema year ended with a big bang from New Zealand by Mr jackson.
    SaintMark wrote:
    So I will take one movie at the time.

I am glad this cinema year ended with a big bang from New Zealand by Mr jackson.

Same. The summer was fantastic for me, then I was disappointed by a few movies and missed out on most that I wanted to see, so ending it with TDOS made it all amazing for me. One great film, that one.
    Films I'm most looking forward to in 2015

1) Mad Max 4, Bond would be top of the list but Skyfall came out in 2012 while I've been waiting for a new Mad Max film since the 90s. I'm excited to see how Hardy handles the role and everything about it so far looks brilliant. The creator of the series is directing again and it seems to have lots of colourful characters and fantastic car chases with all sorts of cool vehicles, which really is all I want from a Mad Max film. Can't wait.

2) Bond 24. I have my doubts about some stuff I've heard (Moneypenny in the field again is a crap idea imo), and I'm not sure that Mendes was worth waiting another year for but I'm really excited to see where they go next after the ending of SF.

3) Assassin's Creed. The games are brilliant, with fleshed out characters and epic stories spanning years set in interesting periods of history with fantastic action (parkour+stabbing people=fun).

I'm cautiously optimistic though. For on thing most films based on games turn out to be shite. Also the first bit of casting news is Micheal Fassbender as Desmond and he's completely wrong for the part. Also it'll probably based on the first game which has no story and very one dimensional characters, so they don't have great source material.

They should just use a new Assassin in a new time period (that way they avoid upsetting fans of the games and are free to do what they like), with no modern day stuff.

• They should just use a new Assassin in a new time period (that way they avoid upsetting fans of the games and are free to do what they like), with no modern day stuff.

I'd be wary of that if I were a filmmaker. I think if they are guided by a game storyline they won't get too far away from the actual idea, which is what i'd think they might do if they tried to make their own story from scratch. Interesting idea, and I would definitely be intrigued as to what they would try to do.

I'm also looking forward to the Bourne set for August '15.
    If they have to adapt one of the games I want it to be the third game. Not my favourite one but I think it's definitely the one most suited to a film.
    Rumor or not, it might be viewed as a spoiler, but this article talks about the possibility of a second villain in 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron.' Follow the link to find out who:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112752
    You can add another major sequel, as 'Fast & Furious 7' has been pushed back to April 10th, 2015:

http://bit.ly/198v2vd

I would rather see more Batman movies than mixing him with whoever.
    Ludovico wrote:

I would rather see more Batman movies than mixing him with whoever.

What gets me is the fact that Cavill gets one stand-alone film and Affleck's Batman gets zero stand-alone films before they just throw them in a new film together.
    And its not like Man of Steel was a roaring success.