Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

Much as I want to like Batman v Superman, a part of me wants it to fail so that DC gets a wake-up call that they're going too fast.

I agree that they're bringing Batman into Superman's world and vice versa too early. They should have had at least one if not two movies featuring Superman alone first. Now they have Wonder Woman in this film too don't they?!

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    And Cyborg, and Aquaman.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Here's some filming of a car chase scene:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=105520
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I had faith that it would be good because of Ben, but after seeing Xena, uh, I mean Wonder Woman's costume, I'm not so sure...
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,813
    NEW RUMOR. Painting of Thomas Wayne on set of BvsS leads us to believe that he's played by Jeffery Dean Morgan

batman-image-new-8-7.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/batman-v-superman-bts-photo-might-reveal-which-actor-is-playing-thomas-wayne-241
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So they're still going to shoe-horn Bruce's issues with the loss of his parents. Why cant we get batman in a movie that allows him to just get on with things?!? We get it already! Bruce is a grown ass man, I'd like to see a batman film where we don't have to deal with flashbacks or any sort of conspicuous references to his childhood trauma. We have superman and batman in the same bloody film; lets give mamma and papa Wayne a rest for once eh?
    Well it might just be a damn painting in the background, but we'll see.

I agree though: anyone who doesn't know Batman's origin at this point should just skip the movie!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    NEW RUMOR. Painting of Thomas Wayne on set of BvsS leads us to believe that he's played by Jeffery Dean Morgan

batman-image-new-8-7.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/batman-v-superman-bts-photo-might-reveal-which-actor-is-playing-thomas-wayne-241

Would have been better if it was Michael Keaton. Or Kevin Conroy.
  • RC7RC7
    I have an idea. Why don't we wait and see what happens? Stop fucking whining.
    Cool the hell down, man. Guess you've never heard of an opinion.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Agent007391 my man, you haven't changed! still the go-to-guy for info and theories on the future Marvel and DC movies, it seems :D
    I'll never change. Been a long time, @DaltonCraig007. How's life, man?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Yeah, @Agent007391 man. Been spending some time in Prague :D
    Hear it's nice this time of year.
    I saw lots of pretty women :)>-
    I see that... On... Googleimagesearch... Soooo... Yeah, Bats fightin' Supes... Gonna be awesome, even if it's not something I regret not seeing in theaters.
    And Cyborg, and Aquaman.

Well, it's pretty much already a Justice League movie!
    Yeah, kinda. Dawn of Justice, and all that jazz.
  • RC7RC7
    Cool the hell down, man. Guess you've never heard of an opinion.

Opinions are fine, it's the tedious supposition that is boring.
    I simply wanted the use of Michael Keaton or Kevin Conroy as a fun Easter egg, similar to Iron Man using the old Iron Man cartoon theme as a ringtone.
    UPDATE: Ben Affleck 'Bruce Wayne' Sprints Into Action Filming BATMAN V SUPERMAN
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=105680#8dJkc22et6DqVMQE.99
  • I'm excited for Henry Cavill because I've been rooting for him ever since I saw Laguna (not the best movie by the way) and now this Superman thing is really getting bigger but it's sad to think that's it's unlikely he will ever play Bond because of this. :(
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well he's playing Napoleon Solo in a 60s period piece at that so that should compensate.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    For those who havent seen the brief clip shown at Comic Con

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/watch-batman-vs-superman-comic-con-trailer-1
    Damn, March 2016 is so far away. Well, it's still less than 3 years since the last one though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bounine wrote: »
    Damn, March 2016 is so far away. Well, it's still less than 3 years since the last one though.

When I posted the pushing of the release date a few days ago, that was the first time it clicked that the film wasn't coming out until 2016. For the longest time, I thought it was coming out next year.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Bounine wrote: »

When I posted the pushing of the release date a few days ago, that was the first time it clicked that the film wasn't coming out until 2016. For the longest time, I thought it was coming out next year.

Yeah, I thought it was coming out in 2015 for a good while for some reason. Wow, we're only a little over halfway through 2014!
  • edited August 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Edit- posted on the wrong page, sorry!
    Batman's age in BvsS confirmed:

batman-v-superman-greyhair.jpg

Bruce is in his mid 40's and has been Batman for years. Whether or not he's been 'known' with the Batsignal and the works, or still just an urban legend is unknown however.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-dark-knights-age-in-batman-v-superman-is-now-confirmed-163
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Batman's age in BvsS confirmed:

batman-v-superman-greyhair.jpg

Bruce is in his mid 40's and has been Batman for years. Whether or not he's been 'known' with the Batsignal and the works, or still just an urban legend is unknown however.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-dark-knights-age-in-batman-v-superman-is-now-confirmed-163

We know that Batman is far beyond an urban legend to Gotham's criminals, and has an active and extensive presence. All the adaptions this film appears to be taking inspiration from show Batman's with a long career and plenty of gadgets/assets, and if the rumors are true of Batman using drones a la Kingdom Come, I think this confirms it. Add to that his armor he'll likely be fighting Superman with, and we can see he's pretty well hooked up. We also know the Batsignal has long been in use and is the main symbol for the city of his presence, as we see him uncovering it in the clip shown at Comic-Con.