Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Miller will indeed be playing Barry Allen - the same character Grant Gustin stars as in The CW series - as, "The story centers on Barry Allen, a man with super speed and super-fast reflexes."
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=109335#UY3VhXVQbUUvyA6K.99
  • ezra-miller-487338862.jpg

My suggestion to the new Flash: hit the gym like a crazy person and cut that stupid hair.
    Maybe he's a great actor, I don't know. But by the look of him my cat would make a better Flash.

8-| Try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind..... 8-|

I miss the good old days when THIS was The Flash.

Amanda_Pays_John_Wesley_Shipp_The_Flash.jpgamanda-pays.jpg

People may have argued that he was too buff (for The Flash), but at least I believed it would hurt if he punched someone.
    ezra-miller-487338862.jpg

My suggestion to the new Flash: hit the gym like a crazy person and cut that stupid hair.
    Maybe he's a great actor, I don't know. But by the look of him my cat would make a better Flash.

8-| Try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind.....try to keep an open mind..... 8-|

People may have argued that he was too buff (for The Flash), but at least I believed it would hurt if he punched someone.

Agree 100%
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    Justice League: Part 1 – 17 November 2017
    Justice League: Part 2 – 14 June 2019

That's just... Stupid. If part 1 fails, and with a cast of mostly meh, that's one thousand percent possible, then there's a cliffhanger that won't be resolved.

And why was the iCarly chick cast as Barry Allen?
    The Miller casting is indeed very interesting, out of left field, you could say. The article doesn't mention if he is playing Barry or Wally, though I'm sure that it is the latter we are talking about here.

I'm super excited about the Momoa casting and have been since the rumors first sparked. If they play him like the Aquaman from the JLA animated series I'll be ecstatic, and finally everyone will see how cool he can be in the right hands.

Here's an artistic recreation of Momoa someone made that visualizes all that I hope his version of the character looks like:

jason-momoa-aquaman-600x873.jpg

I think that style would fit right in with the JLA Aquaman:
    Aquaman.png

So now we've got Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Flash and Aquaman casted for a JLA film. I can't believe it's all coming together. Dream casting down the road for me would be Idris Elba as John Stewart and Benedict Cumberbatch as Martian Manhunter, if those two characters are to appear in the upcoming JLA film at all. I think Idris could really command a GL role with his presence and look alone, while Cumberbatch perfectly represents the powerful voice and wise omniscience Manhunter has.

Now that kind of look would be great!
    I love that they are announcing so many superhero movies! All this garbage will just make the Bond series look all the more prestigious to the general audience and more appealing to actors who want to appear in a big budget franchise but at the same time want to stay away from low-rent movies.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Those were the days, my friend.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Now, he's the Flash's dad.
    Now, he's the Flash's dad.
    Good. So he can make him drop and give him 5000.

When he gets out of jail.
    Who?
    http://replygif.net/1033
    4 films with affleck as batman
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Who?

The Flash's dad. It's a show non-spoiler.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 1,107

I guarantee you, once everyone sees Affleck's Batman, the Nolan trilogy will NOT be seen as better. In fact, the opposite will happen. Snyder's take will blow away Nolan's version.
    I think that the one glaring flaw in Nolan's Batman trilogy is Batman himself. I get that it's trying to ground Batman, but that made him boring, clunky and way too fallible. Afflecks version is shaping up to be the most comic accurate movie version we've ever seen.
    We'll always have Conroy's version as the best, though.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    I guarantee you, once everyone sees Affleck's Batman, the Nolan trilogy will NOT be seen as better. In fact, the opposite will happen. Snyder's take will blow away Nolan's version.

Memento, Prestige, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Inception and The Dark Knight Rises. None of the movies directed by Snyder are even nearly as good as these films. There is NO WAY these new Batman movies will be even half as good as The Dark Knight trilogy.
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    Afflecks version is shaping up to be the most comic accurate movie version we've ever seen.

Only fanboys care about comic book accuracy. Most people simply want a good movie, not a movie that is as close to the comic books as possible.
    We'll always have Conroy's version as the best, though.

Yes Conroy is voiceover legend.
  • Didn't they already cast The Flash? And didn't they give him a TV show? I'm confused.
  • RC7RC7
    Didn't they already cast The Flash? And didn't they give him a TV show? I'm confused.

DC are open to different versions of their characters across different platforms.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 12,837
    So the TV Flash isn't linked to the films at all? Seems dumb to me, they establish one Flash and then use a whole new one for the films. And he's being introduced in an already crowded team up movie? Why not just use the TV version since he'll be an estaished character by then and they won't need to waste time introducing him again.

But then if I was in charge I would have had Joseph Gordon Levitt play Batman instead of doing yet another reboot and I wouldn't have hired Zack "action=CGI" Snyder so what do I know. Still not excited for this film in the slightest. I'll be relying on Arkham Knight to get my Batman fix.
  • RC7RC7
    So the TV Flash isn't linked to the films at all? Seems dumb to me, they establish one Flash and then use a whole new one for the films. And he's being introduced in an already crowded team up movie? Why not just use the TV version since he'll be an estaished character by then and they won't need to waste time introducing him again.

I assume they're following the comic book ethos where different writers and artists deliver their own interpretation. The films will follow their own continuity, as will the TV series' and there's talk of other properties, which will again be separate. Del Toro wants to do a Justice League Dark with Constantine, which will be a different take on the character.
  • I'm interested in the new Constantine TV show. I liked the Keanau Reeves film and the actor playing Constantine in the new show is Matt Ryan, who played Edward in Assassin's Creed 4.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Not too happy about the casting of Aquaman and The Flash, but Batman and Wonder Woman are shaping up nicely. I could be wrong about everything.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have not posted in this thread much, actually this might be the first, so I apologise if this has been brought up, but this recurring rumour interests me:

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/rumour-batman-v-superman-set-to-feature-jena-malone-as-100229755059.html

I'm a huge fan of Jena Malone, but I would rather see her cast as Harley Quinn, if she were cast in a Batman film. I think it is just a rumour fuelled by her being pictued with Snyder on set, but it doesn't seem to be going away.
    Details On BATMAN v SUPERMAN Scene Involving 'Bruce Wayne' And 'Lex Luthor'
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=109436#Mulsey3tDmS6YsBK.99
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 1,107
    CONFIRMED: Jena Malone Is Playing 'Robin' Someone In BATMAN v SUPERMAN
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=109475#re7vMCEiVyRItEpO.99

The evidence points to Malone playing Robin. I'd be surprised if she was playing anyone else, like Barbara or Harley Quinn .
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2014 Posts: 13,894
    exc.gif

Batman vs Superman has now officially joined my must see list. I was hoping for Harley Quinn, buf if Jena has been cast, I won't complain about the character.

EDIT
    Ah, while it has been confirmed that Jena has been cast, it doesn't say in which role. :-?
    Now just call Frank Miller and ask him to co-direct.
    Miller doesn't like batman movies very much.

MILLER: When people come out with movies about characters I’ve worked on, I always hate them. I have my own ideas about what the characters are like. I mean, I can’t watch a Batman movie. I’ve seen pieces of them, but I generally think, No, that’s not him. And I walk out of the theater before it’s over.
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=106297#i6KMyew01Lld0B0Q.99
    Which is why he should get some creative input. This new film is looking like it will be a loose adaptation of THE DARK KNIGHT by Miller himself.