Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• edited October 2014 Posts: 1,107
    Batman is my favorite comic book hero so i'm taking it very seriously :)
    Believe in the Ben Batffleck

GhRnc8H.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm not a Batfan, though I like the 2 Burton:Keaton films, and the Arkham Asylum/City Games. I won't say that Affleck should be closer to Keaton, beacuse as with any character with multiple interpretations, each actor should find his own way,

It's no coincidence that my presence in this thread coincided with the news of Jena Malone's attachment to the film. So more than anything else, I hope she is going to get more than just a cameo. I am still holding out for her to be Harley Quinn, unles Snyder pulls a switcheroo (and Jena dyes her hair again, she does have that chameleonic ability to look different for a role), I think it's obvious that she will be Carrie Kelly/Robin.

The speculation continues, jump to 0:35 in the vid:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124351

I still need to see The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Wow, teaser trailer already? I hope it's quite epic but in the same time not too much because the wait ahead is still very long! :P
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Jonathan And Christopher Nolan Not Involved With DC Superhero Slate
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=109925
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, the Nolans are out and David Goyer is still in. That means the quality's gonna hit the floor.
    Well, the Nolans are out and David Goyer is still in. That means the quality's gonna hit the floor.

As soon as DC films gets rid of Goyer, the better.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    They probably won't.
    New TV Show Titled KRYPTON In Development; David Goyer Attached
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=110016

Whilst Gotham is decent and has potential to be great, I really don't see much potential for this as it is. Sure, I'd probably watch it, but do we really need so many shows, especially for concepts like this?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Dalton12 wrote: »
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=110016

Whilst Gotham is decent and has potential to be great, I really don't see much potential for this as it is. Sure, I'd probably watch it, but do we really need so many shows, especially for concepts like this?

I agree. At least with Gotham we have our hero, albeit in his early, pre-heroic days. Here Kal-El wouldn't even have been born yet. Superman's world doesn't even interest me when he's in it, so I don't know how my attention could be gained and kept if he's absent entirely. The idea is so clearly an attempted cash-in on Gotham's success and surprisingly large comic-loving audience, right down to the proposed name of the show.
    New Details On The Armoured Batsuit And More From BATMAN v SUPERMAN
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=110023

Irony: I was over on the IMDB boards yesterday. Someone asked if people would watch a show called Krypton. Damn. One person's response was hilarious.
    Look Inside 'Wayne' Tomb - New BATMAN v SUPERMAN Set Pics
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=110049

Jonathan And Christopher Nolan Not Involved With DC Superhero Slate
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=109925

Off course not. They will be involved in writing and directing Bond 25 and Bond 26 ;-). Mark my words ;-).
    Anyway, I can't get excited for this "Batman vs. Superman" film. For me "The Dark Knight"-trilogy was how I liked to see Batman: Gritty, politically relevant, emotionally written, realistic. And now....an ensemble movie? They should have continued the Batman franchise like Nolan ended it with "TDKR".
    With a poorly cast Robin as the new Batman?

"Help Save the Bats" Message From BATMAN v SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=110066#comments

Loved that logo in the beginning.
    Great work Ben and Zack, real life heroes.
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Coooool

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/28/ben-afflecks-batman-voice-is-growly-decisive-and-sexy/

'Sexy', huh? We'll see, lol. Of course, this description comes from Jennifer Garner
    Good thing this movie was never made. I can't sanction Carrey's buffoonery. :D

SUPERMAN LIVES: Jim Carrey & Gary Oldman Were Considered For Brainiac
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=110250
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

The past Riddler or the future Gordon in a Superman film? Wow, I can't handle this. ;)
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 6,432

Its like some kind of paradox

:-?

Brainaic is a tricky character I think to bring to screen, I would have definitely avoided the mad genius approach which would I guess have been in Carreys ball park. I like John Nobles take on the character from Superman Unbound, Noble was excellent in Return of the King Also.

Its like some kind of paradox

:-?

Brainaic is a tricky character I think to bring to screen, I would have definitely avoided the mad genius approach which would I guess have been in Carreys ball park. I like John Nobles take on the character from Superman Unbound, Noble was excellent in Return of the King Also.

Yes I agree . I like Superman Unbound good movie.
    Corey Burton played my favorite form of Brainiac in the DC Animated Universe. After that, I go for the Smallville version of Brainiac.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Brainiac needs to be in a film some day.
    Corey Burton played my favorite form of Brainiac in the DC Animated Universe. After that, I go for the Smallville version of Brainiac.

I liked Smallville Brainiac . It was interesting take on the character and James Marsters was great.
    Yes, he was. I just wish they hadn't ripped off the T-1000 with him.
  • Dalton12 wrote: »

I liked Smallville Brainiac . It was interesting take on the character and James Marsters was great.

Me too recently bought all the seasons of Smallville, James Masters was the best thing about season five, the episode from season seven Persona I liked a lot, mainly how Brainiac is in that show and his interactions with Bizzaro. Tom Welling I felt did not get enough credit for what he did in that series. He played multiple characters and variations dependent on what kryptonite he was infected by. Splinter from season five was good.

Me too recently bought all the seasons of Smallville, James Masters was the best thing about season five, the episode from season seven Persona I liked a lot, mainly how Brainiac is in that show and his interactions with Bizzaro. Tom Welling I felt did not get enough credit for what he did in that series. He played multiple characters and variations dependent on what kryptonite he was infected by. Splinter from season five was good.

I'm currently rewatching Smallville I'm on season 9 this is my favorite season and Callum Blue is very good as Zod he really reminds me of Terence Stamp sometimes.
  • Dalton12 wrote: »

I'm currently rewatching Smallville I'm on season 9 this is my favorite season and Callum Blue is very good as Zod he really reminds me of Terence Stamp sometimes.

Season 9 certainly was a vast improvement on 8 which got bogged down too much with the Doomsday/Bloomsday arc. Agree Callum Blue made a great Zod, Conspiracy and Upgrade were good episodes. Season 9 certainly one of the best finales of the series.

• edited November 2014 Posts: 1,107

Season 9 certainly was a vast improvement on 8 which got bogged down too much with the Doomsday/Bloomsday arc. Agree Callum Blue made a great Zod, Conspiracy and Upgrade were good episodes. Season 9 certainly one of the best finales of the series.

it's nice to see another Smallville fan .

Smallville was one of the best TV shows. It's not all teen drama bullshit like everyone says it is. It's quite dark, emotion, heartbreaking, great scenes, great developmental for Clark Kent as Superman and of course the great acting. Clark was great, Lios Lane was amazing and so hot. Chloe was the super loyal sidekick, The Kents were amazing as well. Lex was good then turn badass evil mastermind. Lana was okay and got annoying after season 4. Tess Mercer was a badass she-evil femme fatale and then there was John Glover as Lionel Luthor. He was the god actor of Smallville. He was such an amazing character. The best was season 3, 4, 7 and 9 but for me was season 9 when Zod came. Overall, Smallville was amazing and still watch it on TV.S Tom Welling is and will always be superman to me.