Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Now is not the time to rhyme.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Good or bad this movie will be seen on principle alone.
    Those pictures are cool, I'm gaining interest on this movie.
    Liking the images alot! So going to be interesting to see how all this going to be put together?
    Yeah yeah the new Batman looks cool and he's fighting Superman and all the rest of it but guys

Your welcome.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    @thelivingroyale - You have already discussed this film in two other more appropriate threads. No need to post the trailer in the Batman/Superman thread as well.

Please discuss Mad Max in the Upcoming Film thread or it's own ongoing thread.
    Your welcome.

'My welcome' what? :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Here are some shots of ruined Metropolis vehicles:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=104703
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    By the time I got to the leaked trailer, it was blocked. :(
    The 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' trailer got leaked. Couldn't find it. Found snippets on YT but they aren't even worth posting. :(
    I'm eagerly waiting for this. Only thing I'm worried about is that I'm not sure all the Frank Miller stuff will work in live action movie. I mean Batman fighting Superman. Armor or not. Meh, I wasn't fan of the fight in the comic either.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Sin City worked in live action.
    Yes it did. But in my opinion Batman beating Superman's ass doesn't work. It's been a while since I read The Dark Knight returns, but the whole idea is stupid. Superman is just, well, a tad more powerful compared to batsy.
    But Bats is smarter, and knows weaknesses better than a man who's weak against nothing. He knows what he's doing, and what he needs to do to succeed, even if it doesn't mean winning.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    But Bats is smarter, and knows weaknesses better than a man who's weak against nothing. He knows what he's doing, and what he needs to do to succeed, even if it doesn't mean winning.

Nicely put.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 40,458
    New video shows some more Metropolis destruction:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121368

A new video (also containing images) show off Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121416

The film has moved up in schedule by roughly two months to March 26th, 2016:

http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-v-superman-release-date-move/
    I was about to mention that release date change. Now I'll just bump the thread so that others know.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    And that isn't even the big news.
    What is? I only heard about the release date.
    edited August 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Check the upcoming films thread.
    Oh, the schedule. Y'know those "event films" are probably Justice League movies, or adaptations of DC's many Crisis crossovers.
    It all doesn't interest me in the slighest but it's a strange world we live in, where today, dates for films are booked so many damn years in advance. There's no fun to any of it anymore.
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    It all doesn't interest me in the slighest but it's a strange world we live in, where today, dates for films are booked so many damn years in advance. There's no fun to any of it anymore.

Agreed, especially when films are booked six years in advance. That's a bit extreme. It's nice to know that the higher ups are on top of it in terms of planning, but you're right, there's no fun in it. There won't be any more release date surprises for those films.
    Marvel waited until they were nine movies in to start this planning crap, DC gets one film in, and for some reason, they think they've got the skill to pull it off.
    Get this: whether Bond 25 comes out in 2017 or 18, we know, today, 6th August 2014, it will be sandwiched between a Marvel film the week before and a DC one the week after, when it is released in the US.

Crazy.
    Well, new franchises want to score big early on, Bond did the 60's equivalent of the same when they named the next movie in the end credits of the current one.
    Bah, WB's release dates for the next 6 years are of non interest to me. Their attempt at world building feels so insincere plus, they've been sitting on what's essentially a gold mine for decades and have done nothing with it except whore out superman and batman movies which have been more miss than hit in general. Their strategy is to try and copy and be cheap in their approach about it.

Marvel selling off some if their hottest properties early on could be seen as both a good and bD thing but in the end it's because of them selling off their hottest and iconic properties Narvel were able to start making their own movies and they put a plan in place to strategically build and set up phases within their own continuity and it's worked out wonderfully. WB pulling that dick move of moving their Supes/bats movie on the sane day as Cap3 just goes to show how desperate they are and how out if their depth they are in trying to even compete with Marvel on this level.
    Guardians of the Galaxy, an obscure group of heroes from the 60s that failed to make an impression gets revamped and reintroduced only a few years ago from which the movie is based and is getting critical acclaim and making huge numbers! A film with a talking raccoon and a tree that repeats the sane 4 words over and over again getting this much success?? You damn right WB/DC are moving away from Cap3 and that's not even mentioning the greatness of Cap2 and what will be one if the biggest movies of the year next summer, Avengers age of ultron. WB/DC should focus on being reasonable and realistic in trying to put the best possible product out there instead of trying to ape and compete with Marvel. Marvel did and are still doing the leg work and hard grafting in taking risks with bringing their properties to the big screen over a reasonably effective period of time. DC/WB have no faith in doing a proper sequel to MOS so they've lumped batman, Wonder Woman, cyborg and a couple of others for this movie.
    I am Groot is 3 words. I agree on everything else.
    Typo haha. Most of my posts are riddled with errors as I mostly type on here from my phone and I'm too lazy to edit.
    Much as I want to like Batman v Superman, a part of me wants it to fail so that DC gets a wake-up call that they're going too fast.