Batman

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    My oh my.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    My oh my.

Did not realise this was a new video, they should get Neil Breen to play Batman...

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Oscar worthy!
    https://www.mensjournal.com/entertainment/who-should-be-the-next-batman-after-ben-affleck-here-are-37-options/chris-evans-4/

A strange list indeed unsure if I agree with half the list

That said Ryan Gosling as Batman wouldn’t be the worst thing
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    My oh my.

His.... weirdness actually works in his favour there, imo.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    My brother makes movie models from recycled materials, he made me this...

DSC_0033.JPG

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    My oh my.

His.... weirdness actually works in his favour there, imo.
    This is really good. I like the way they recreate Zimmer's Joker theme at the end too. Great work.
  • peterpeter Toronto

DSC_0033.JPG

Ha! Very cool, man!
    peter wrote: »

DSC_0033.JPG

Ha! Very cool, man!

Cheers mate
    From Jeremy Clarkson's Sun column:

"In his magnificent speech to Parliament this week, Michael Gove pointed at Jeremy Corbyn and said: 'No way can this country allow that man to be our Prime Minister.'

Unfortunately, the person providing the subtitles misheard, so on the television screen it said: 'No way can this country allow Batman to be our Prime Minister.'

There was, of course, much hilarity. But not from me because, as things stand, I think it would be a brilliant idea to have Batman in charge.

At present, Mrs May goes to Europe in her silly shoes and her trouser suit and says: 'Please may we have some concessions.' And they say: 'No.' Then snigger when she leaves the room.

Surely it’d be far better to dispatch a man with a rubber face mask and a cape and a car that can drive on the ceiling. This would get their attention.

The only question is, which Batman do we want?

Christian Bale is a bit dark and untrustworthy. Same goes for Michael Keaton. Ben Affleck apparently has issues with the booze. And Val Kilmer just looks weird.

So I’d go with the original. The man from the television series that started it all. Adam West.

He wouldn’t mess about. When Jean-Claude Juncker says we must pay up or else, there’s a 'kapow' caption and the sound of a cricket bat hitting a joint of pork.

And when we return to the action, Juncker is on his back and all is well in our world."

Note: Clarkson is a Remainer Tory.

So on this Batman fitness journey I lost ten pounds so far
  • Risico007 wrote: »

What did you buy with the ten pounds? Hand weights?
    Risico007 wrote: »

What did you buy with the ten pounds? Hand weights?

(In my best michal lonsdale) “you have to forgive me I don’t get the joke I always found British humor a bit perverse”
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited January 2019 Posts: 3,985
    If anyone's interested these are some photos i took on the Batman set at Pinewood studio's in 1990 at the James Bond convention. The set from the 1989 film was still standing and it was an an added bonus to be let on it.
    The quality of the photo's is poor unfortunately.20190126-195321-1.jpg
    20190126-195421-1.jpg
    20190126-195357-1.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    If anyone's interested these are some photos i took on the Batman set at Pinewood studio's in 1990 at the James Bond convention. The set from the 1989 film was still standing and it was an an added bonus to be let on it.
    The quality of the photo's are poor unfortunately.20190126-195321-1.jpg
    20190126-195421-1.jpg

Amazing! Thanks!!
    Incredible photos @LeonardPine! Absolutely amazing. That must have such an experience.

I could never understand why Burton didn’t use the same set designer in Batman Returns.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Incredible photos @LeonardPine! Absolutely amazing. That must have such an experience.

I could never understand why Burton didn’t use the same set designer in Batman Returns.

Thanks @TR007

It was amazing walking around Gotham but the set had deteriorated quite a bit.

I believe Anton Furst committed suicide in 1991. Contractual obligations prevented him from working on Batman Returns.
    TR007 wrote: »

Thanks @TR007

It was amazing walking around Gotham but the set had deteriorated quite a bit.

I believe Anton Furst committed suicide in 1991. Contractual obligations prevented him from working on Batman Returns.
    Oh dear. Apologies, I had no idea he had passed away so quickly after Batman. I hope that question didn’t come across as insensitive.

I do hope that the next iteration of Batman allows Gotham City to look truely gothic.
    Great photos @LeonardPine
    Amazing photos
    Congratulations Leonard, on being the only member of this board who has visited Gotham City!
    Great photos @LeonardPine

Thanks!
    Revelator wrote: »
    Congratulations Leonard, on being the only member of this board who has visited Gotham City!

Thanks! I believe it was torn down not long after.
    20190126-195421-1.jpg
    20190126-195357-1.jpg
    20190126-195421-1.jpg
    20190126-195357-1.jpg

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Oh I love those pics so much! I was only 6 at the time but I sure wish I could have been there.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    20190126-195421-1.jpg
    20190126-195357-1.jpg
    20190126-195421-1.jpg
    20190126-195357-1.jpg

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Thanks!
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Oh I love those pics so much! I was only 6 at the time but I sure wish I could have been there.

Thanks. Had a sort out and discovered those pictures after many years being stored away.

Will never forget the thrill of being there.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'll have two of those, please.