SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I've mentioned this before. I've seen that film on TV more than all the other films of the Brosnan era and a majority of all the rest in the franchise. That's madness.

Does anyone know why it is like that?
  • RC7RC7
    Pajan005 wrote:
    It's interesting that DAD is one of the easiest Bond films to find. Not only in stores, but on TV and merchandise.
    I've mentioned this before. I've seen that film on TV more than all the other films of the Brosnan era and a majority of all the rest in the franchise. That's madness.

To be fair, when I was a kid I remember the most frequently broadcast pictures on UK TV tended to be those that are considered 'lesser' films by the majority of fans. In hindsight, and with extra knowledge of the inner-workings of a UK broadcaster, I think it was merely a case of differentiating between those that are 'appointment to view' and those that are not. To put it in perspective, I have seen QoS numerous times on ITV2 recently, while there hasn't been a sniff of CR. It's likely that this is because ITV deem CR a marquee entry and will broadcast it on the main channel during a peak slot, not wanting to waste it by pumping it out every couple of weeks on a sister channel. It wasn't always like this, but the 'classics' tend to be reserved for 'occasions' rather than films like TND, which again I have seen numerous times recently on ITV2.

• edited February 2014 Posts: 12,837
    ITV's pattern for the Bond films now seems to be.

Brosnan/Craig films- weeknights on ITV 2. QOS is the most frequent but I did catch a bit of DAD last week.

Connery/Moore/Dalton films-weekend afternoons on ITV 1.

And occasionally you'll get a Craig film shown on ITV 1 on a Saturday night. Don't think I've ever seen OHMSS on telly.

Brosnan/Craig films- weeknights on ITV 2. QOS is the most frequent but I did catch a bit of DAD last week.

And occasionally you'll get a Craig film shown on ITV 1 on a Saturday night. Don't think I've ever seen OHMSS on telly.

Has to be said, it's incredibly rare for ITV to show OHMSS. I'm willing to bet, they jump from YOLT to DAF in their current Sunday Bondathon.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Has to be said, it's incredibly rare for ITV to show OHMSS. I'm willing to bet, they jump from YOLT to DAF in their current Sunday Bondathon.

Last week it was DAF to Goldfinger. :-??
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Bollinger back for Bond 24. Their fourteenth film:

As for next year’s theme, 2015 will see Bollinger once more cement its association with the world’s favourite fictional secret agent as next year will see another James Bond film, which will again feature Daniel Craig as 007.

The last Bond movie, Skyfall, which was screened in October 2012, saw Bollinger release a special edition of its 2002 vintage housed in a gun silencer shaped gift box with a combination lock – opened using the code: 007.

2015 will mark 42 years since Bollinger developed an on-screen relationship with the fictional character created by Ian Fleming.

http://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2014/02/bollinger-2014-to-be-the-year-of-rd
    Well we have our first knowledge of product placement in Bond 24 and I am happy with it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Nice find @Samuel001! At least it shows us that the wheals are already turning in the background.
    Doesn't this make you warm and fuzzy:

"I definitely think she needs to be in the action, in the midst of things."

"I'm all about empowered women so I really hope so. I'll push for that for sure."

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11248&t=mi6&s=news

:-&

Leave this for the female leads to do. She's the one that she tag along with Bond not Moneypenny.
  • Exactly. It's great to have strong woman characters getting involved in the action but not Moneypenny. She's a secretary. It's bad enough they gave her that backstory in SF imo.

I am getting a bit worried about MP in Bond 24. Harris wants her to be part of the action, it seems like Mendes does too and then there's the article posted here from Bez saying that she'll be in more of a side kick again.

I don't see the point. If you're going to have her as a recurring side kick for Bond then why make her Moneypenny? Why not introduce Eve as a whole new character while also reintroducing Moneypenny as a secretary? Because if she's going to be running around shooting people again then she's Moneypenny in name only.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    If you're going to have her as a recurring side kick for Bond then why make her Moneypenny? Why not introduce Eve as a whole new character while also reintroducing Moneypenny as a secretary?

Having both could have been far better than having just one, in a way. Depending on where they go from here, it will become apparent in Bond 24 I think, whether they missed a trick.
    Exactly. It's great to have strong woman characters getting involved in the action but not Moneypenny. She's a secretary. It's bad enough they gave her that backstory in SF imo.

I am getting a bit worried about MP in Bond 24. Harris wants her to be part of the action, it seems like Mendes does too and then there's the article posted here from Bez saying that she'll be in more of a side kick again.

I don't see the point. If you're going to have her as a recurring side kick for Bond then why make her Moneypenny? Why not introduce Eve as a whole new character while also reintroducing Moneypenny as a secretary? Because if she's going to be running around shooting people again then she's Moneypenny in name only.

I agree with you to a degree about Moneypenny's background, but I wouldn't be worried too much. Of course Naomi Harris will talk about her character as if she was going to be used extensively, she will not say "I will spend the next movie exchanging banters with Bond and looking pretty."
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    I fully agree with what has been said above. It's good for Harris that she wants to be a strong character, but if Mendes really has the respect for the franchise that he says he has then he won't destroy the loyal, flirting image of Moneypenny that has been built up in the last 40 years.
  • Exactly. It's great to have strong woman characters getting involved in the action but not Moneypenny. She's a secretary. It's bad enough they gave her that backstory in SF imo.

Adding a side-kick in addition to Moneypenny would be a bit much, IMO. I actually thought that Harris makes for a great Moneypenny--the role is expanded but she's not as prominent as the usual Bond girl.

As for Bond 24--I'm watching Thunderball now and I'm reminded of how great Blofeld and SPECTRE were. If they can update them and make Bond 24 both retro and forward looking, like Skyfall, it could really work.
  • I don't think it's a bad thing that there is a three year gap between Skyfall and Bond 24. In the 80s there was a Bond film every-other year and people started to lose interest.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I agree, Moneypenny shouldn't be out and about with Bond. Having MP back in the field shooting and fighting alongside Bond to meet an objective is contradictory to her character development from the last film. Why, after all her talk about agreeing with Bond's statement of "field work isn't for everyone" would she logically drop everything and return to that life she chose against? It makes no sense. The only time I want to see MP in the action is if Bond, Mallory and the rest of MI6 were being attacked and needed some minor support in a firefight, during which I'd be fine with her picking up a gun and giving aid. But nothing beyond that; she doesn't need to be location hopping with Bond.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    This is the thing i worry most about Bond24, that Moneypenny will be shoehorned into the plot just for the sake of it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I really hope they're not trying to turn this series into mission impossible.
  • I agree, Moneypenny shouldn't be out and about with Bond. Having MP back in the field shooting and fighting alongside Bond to meet an objective is contradictory to her character development from the last film. Why, after all her talk about agreeing with Bond's statement of "field work isn't for everyone" would she logically drop everything and return to that life she chose against? It makes no sense. The only time I want to see MP in the action is if Bond, Mallory and the rest of MI6 were being attacked and needed some minor support in a firefight, during which I'd be fine with her picking up a gun and giving aid. But nothing beyond that; she doesn't need to be location hopping with Bond.

They did the MI6 is attacked and everybody needs to help angle in Skyfall. There's really no need for it in Bond 24. And it looks like my pessimistic prediction for Bond 24 (go too far into introspection and changing up the formula) might just come true. We'll have to see if part two if that, Bond 25 trying to capture the over-the-top glory of movies like TSWLM and failing miserably, comes to pass as well.
  • Samuel001 wrote:

"I'm all about empowered women so I really hope so. I'll push for that for sure."

Leave this for the female leads to do. She's the one that she tag along with Bond not Moneypenny.

Gee, what a courageous and original thing for a Hollywood starlet to say.

Moneypenny as the new Jinx?
    Samuel001 wrote:

Gee, what a courageous and original thing for a Hollywood starlet to say.

Moneypenny as the new Jinx?

yeah, but it's not like anyone would say about his or her role in a Bond movie: I won't do much except say a few lines and overall be a glorified cameo.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Good old and always beloved Lois Maxwell!!!
    M himself confirms once again, filming begins in October:

Also when asked about directing an action film, replies it must have something at the centre of it that moves him or have an emotional connection. It can't be just an action film.

Would Ralph Fiennes make a good Bond director and could it happen?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 40,516
    I'm all for having a strong female sidekick, but if they really went with this backstory for MP in SF, then brought her 'out of the field' to turn into MP the secretary, why bring her back once more? She decided it wasn't for her. She's a secretary, she shouldn't be going out with Bond once more to fight.

Consider me worried.
    Remember, this is just Harris saying what she would like to see. With any luck, Logan will be having none of it.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    M himself confirms once again, filming begins in October

October sounds great! CR started filming in February, QOS in January, SF in October and the latter clearly benefited from the longer time left for post-production.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    And yet, CR's February start didn't stop it from being not only one of the best films in the series but Craig's best Bond film thus far. I'm glad filming starts in October and we have plenty if time for post production, I just hope the script/screenplay really blows things out of the water.
    Well it looks like Jwestbrook can update the thread title as its filming in October..
    We've already known that since December.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    M himself confirms once again, filming begins in October:

Also when asked about directing an action film, replies it must have something at the centre of it that moves him or have an emotional connection. It can't be just an action film.

Would Ralph Fiennes make a good Bond director and could it happen?

Certainly not as long as he is M.