SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Doing both may be easier, make more sense and could in fact be the only way he is considered as director.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    And yet, CR's February start didn't stop it from being not only one of the best films in the series but Craig's best Bond film thus far. I'm glad filming starts in October and we have plenty if time for post production, I just hope the script/screenplay really blows things out of the water.

I hold out hope--doubtless Panglossian--that the release date may be bumped up a month or four.

Samuel001 wrote:
    Doing both may be easier, make more sense and could in fact be the only way he is considered as director.

For such production, I think it would actually make things more complicated.
    With Skyfall having the same time frame and this release date window working well seven times before, the best outcome from the earlier start we can expect is a film following two not three years later, if that. The release itself I can't see being changed. Many films today have even longer in post-production.
    I am hoping for a Fleming title. I figure in 2 months we will know more info
  • Risico007 wrote:
    I am hoping for a Fleming title.

I'm hoping for some Fleming material but I don't care about the titles as there are no good ones left imo.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Ludovico wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

For such production, I think it would actually make things more complicated.

Not if M has a smaller role. Otherwise, yes, I'd agree with you.
    Risico007 wrote:

I'm hoping for some Fleming material but I don't care about the titles as there are no good ones left imo.

not even chapter titles?

• RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

not even chapter titles?

You're obsessed.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

not even chapter titles?

Very interesting idea. There are lots of good titles for a film there...
  • Risico (2015)
    Property of a Lady (2017)

Bring it on!
    RC7 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

not even chapter titles?

You're obsessed.

Hey Hey Hey lets not resort to Name Calling!!!!
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

not even chapter titles?

None really stood out to me, no. I wouldn't mind Risico or Shatterhand but really I'd rather they just made up another original title.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited February 2014 Posts: 2,044
    Hold your horses, the title will be Wave-link.

Trust me, I know ;)
    MrBond wrote:
    Hold your horses, the title will be Wavelink.

Trust me, I know ;)

If only we had the chance to ask Scottie, before he was banned. Again! ;-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    MrBond wrote:

Trust me, I know ;)

Oh you can find him in a quick google search. :))
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Murdock wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Trust me, I know ;)

Oh I'm aware of his FB and YouTube page. But no thanks! ;-)
    Murdock wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Trust me, I know ;)

Oh I'm aware of his FB and YouTube page. But no thanks! ;-)

Good to know were on the same "Wave-Link." ;)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Think of a scenario where the movie would end up being called "Wave-Link". Imagine our reactions! ;)
    MrBond wrote:
    Think of a scenario where the movie would end up being called "Wave-Link". Imagine our reactions! ;)

Scottie would create many more alt accounts telling us He told us so, Only to get banned again.
    didn't two people claim Nightfire was the new title
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Murdock wrote:
    MrBond wrote:

Scottie would create many more alt accounts telling us He told us so, Only to get banned again.

As Brosnan would've said, "The username changes, the lies stay the same"
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Remember, this is just Harris saying what she would like to see. With any luck, Logan will be having none of it.

Isn't the zeitgeist about ensemble casts and team of heroes ?
    Doesn't the #1 box office movie of 2013 include a secretary of the main hero going out in the field and play a major role ? Etc...

I don't know what will happen in Bond 24, but I think it may be less unlikely than some think that Moneypenny, M, Q, Tanner, or at least some of them, may play a bigger role than usual, "once again".
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Which is why I mentioned earlier that I hope the series doesn't turn into mission impossible. Bond is a genre unto itself and doesn't need ensembles intruding to stay relevant or be "fresh"; a Bond as a cultural and cinematic entity has proved this more than any cinematic, fictionalised character.
  • Harris had more scenes than Moneypenny usually has, but I don't feel that she took up too much screen time in Skyfall. If she has a similar role in Bond 24, I'd be fine with that. The only thing is, that means that there will be less time for the Bond girls. Severrine was barely used in Skyfall because she's wasn't really needed as MP and M had expanded roles.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Two female roles and Moneypenny may be tough to fit into one film but I trust this team enough that Moneypenny again, would not be a main focus of the film, as this has only just been done. It would have to mean a little less screen time than before.
  • Birdleson wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    Which is why I mentioned earlier that I hope the series doesn't turn into mission impossible. Bond is a genre unto itself and doesn't need ensembles intruding to stay relevant or be "fresh"; a Bond as a cultural and cinematic entity has proved this more than any cinematic, fictionalised character.
    Well said.

And again.

Harris had more scenes than Moneypenny usually has, but I don't feel that she took up too much screen time in Skyfall. If she has a similar role in Bond 24, I'd be fine with that. The only thing is, that means that there will be less time for the Bond girls. Severrine was barely used in Skyfall because she's wasn't really needed as MP and M had expanded roles.

That can easily be solved: have the next Bond girl at the core of the plot and or the relationship with the villain, like say Domino was for instance.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Which is why I mentioned earlier that I hope the series doesn't turn into mission impossible.

In the past, Bond turned into Star Wars, into Jason Bourne, into Dark Knight, into Way of the Dragon, into Shaft, etc... So I think there are some chances it can be affected by the current zeitgeist of ensemble casts and team of heroes. And if it happens, in twenty years, people won't remember the zeitgeist and consider it as an example of how Bond can be the same and be different at the same time from one movie to another !

Apart from that, wouldn't the image of Craig's Bond leading a bunch of SAS guys to the 007 theme be a nice change from the lonesome hero of QoS and Skyfall who can trust no one (even the score composer who doesn't use the hero's theme :) ) ?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    edited February 2014 Posts: 1,380
    MI6 regular Rory Kinnear ('Tanner') and the new Miss Moneypenny, Naomie Harris, talked on the red carpet this week about the upcoming 24th James Bond film.

Kinnear was interviewed at the world premiere of 'Cuban Fury', whilst Harris talked at the Critics Circle Film Awards to <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/RedCarpetNewsTV?feature=watch"; target="_blank">Red Carpet TV News</a>.