SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Pajan005 wrote:
    Has it been confirmed if Rory Kinnear will return as Tanner?

It hasn't but I couldn't imagine him not coming back. He's hinted that he will return too.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited February 2014 Posts: 432
    Ludovico wrote:
    Why? The cat was s visual trick in FRWL used so people could focus on Blofeld without actually seeing him. It has been spoofed to death and would have no use whatsoever in a new approach of the character.

It's an iconic feature to the character. I can see that it might feel a bit outdated. I guess they can add something similar to hint at it.
    the cat has gone beyond parody. i suggest they take a different approach. a poodle or parrot perhaps?
    Anyone believe that Christopher Nolan will at some point direct a Bond film? I remember the producers considering him. Perhaps post Craig era?
    Getafix wrote:
    the cat has gone beyond parody. i suggest they take a different approach. a poodle or parrot perhaps?

A white elephant.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bringing back Blofeld would just make the series predictable at this point since all the major rebooted franchises are bringing back their iconic villains at the same time. I'd rather EON hold off on Blofeld until they reboot Bond again in the future. To be honest, the franchise doesn't need Blofeld to reappear to make the films better. Why not take the literary Blofeld and make him a new character altogether? Can't this go on the many Blofeld threads anyway?
  • Harris once again confirms filming starts this year:

Let's hope it's an early start again. 6th October would be most welcome.
    Filming this year is always a plus.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Naomi Harris looks at her best with straight hair. The frizzy hair do in SF was awful - she looked like lead singer in some 90s soft jazz combo.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited February 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Yes, Naomie looks lovely and I also hope her hair for Bond 24 to be similar to what we see now, not the style in Skyfall. So between Dan's hair and Naomie's hair, we shall have plenty of hair thread chats, I'm sure. ;)

So looking forward to any real news. Well, spring is around the corner.
    Yes, everyone's hair could do with a make-over for the next one.
  • Getafix wrote:

Even Mallory's? His was the first one that sprung to mind, the balding slicked back look works well for him, much as it did for the original M.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Getafix wrote:

Even Mallory's? His was the first one that sprung to mind, the balding slicked back look works well for him, much as it did for the original M.

I agree! M(allory) looks very smart indeed, I wouldn't change a thing.
    I'm hoping Naomie will have a really small role. I thought she was the weakest part of Skyfall.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 11,425
    I'm hoping Naomie will have a really small role. I thought she was the weakest part of Skyfall.

Yeah, to be honest, she wasn't great. She could be a decent Moneypenny though. Not that there's been much to live up to since Lois.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 12,837

Same, if she does have a big part again then I hope she improves because I thought she was quite wooden in SF. It's funny, I was expecting her to be the stand out Bond girl and I was a bit worried about Berenice because she didn't seem to have been in much and I was wondering how good an actress she was.

But then Berenice really surprised me. She was brilliant, she stole every bit she was in and left me wishing that she was in the film more while I didn't think Naomie was anything special, and I thought her flirting with Craig was a bit awkward and cringey at times.

Same, if she does have a big part again then I hope she improves because I thought she was quite wooden in SF. It's funny, I was expecting her to be the stand out Bond girl and I was a bit worried about Berenice because she didn't seem to have been in much and I was wondering how good an actress she was.

But then Berenice really surprised me. She was brilliant, she stole every bit she was in and left me wishing that she was in the film more while I didn't think Naomie was anything special, and I thought her flirting with Craig was a bit awkward and cringey at times.

Totally agree, although DC and Mendes need to take responsiblity for some of that. She should have been a bit more prim/professional/detached, I think.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Oh it's a Moneypenny chat again. That's fine, as we've got months to go without real news, I think.
    Well, I really liked Naomie as Moneypenny; not a wooden toothpick in sight. I thought she was great and really had chemistry with Craig's Bond. As had been mentioned before, I hope she is not "in action" in the field a lot, but I think we will see more of her than just what we have had with the character in the past, and I'm fine with that because I really enjoy her.
    Harris did say that her character might get some field work, and so did Fiennes with Mallory.
  • Oh it's a Moneypenny chat again. That's fine, as we've got months to go without real news, I think.
    Well, I really liked Naomie as Moneypenny; not a wooden toothpick in sight. I thought she was great and really had chemistry with Craig's Bond. As had been mentioned before, I hope she is not "in action" in the field a lot, but I think we will see more of her than just what we have had with the character in the past, and I'm fine with that because I really enjoy her.

Harris exceeded my expectations. I thought her acting was quite competent and her character quite well written. That said, the door was definitely left open to the possibility that Moneypenny and Bond engaged in the horizontal bop, and to my mind, this relationship should stay flirty but platonic.

Well, they did leave it ambiguous on purpose. And Naomie exceeded my expectations, too; that is a good way to put it. The character has new life and I think will be used a bit more than in the past, yes. I do not want Moneypenny overused, mind you. But this one is a nice addition. Bond 24 will be different, and it is rather a fine line Mendes and Logan are trying to walk. At least I hope so. I don't want a big plunge in either direction.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Well, they did leave it ambiguous on purpose. And Naomie exceeded my expectations, too; that is a good way to put it. The character has new life and I think will be used a bit more than in the past, yes. I do not want Moneypenny overused, mind you. But this one is a nice addition. Bond 24 will be different, and it is rather a fine line Mendes and Logan are trying to walk. At least I hope so. I don't want a big plunge in either direction.

We agree about everything you said.
    I hope they won't use the words "Die" or "Kill" in the title.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I can assure you they will not.
  • Risico would be a great title--it's short and bold like Skyfall.
    It could work to have two one word that titles after each other. It happened before with Goldfinger and Thunderball.
    Oh it's a Moneypenny chat again. That's fine, as we've got months to go without real news, I think.

Harris exceeded my expectations. I thought her acting was quite competent and her character quite well written. That said, the door was definitely left open to the possibility that Moneypenny and Bond engaged in the horizontal bop, and to my mind, this relationship should stay flirty but platonic.

Are you referring to what may or may not have happened after the shaving scene? I don't think anything happened, that said that scene was beautiful and quietly erotic. Too much for Moneypenny in a way. I always pictured her far more platonic. That said, it beats the vulgar reality scene hands down.
    Who was it who said they always thought something had happened between Bond and MP in the past and that was the background of their flirtatious relationship? Sure a director or actor has made that case.
    It will Lois Maxwell.